• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Giovanni’s Master Plan

Jared DiCarlo

Grovyle Fan
Reaction score
WARNING: This story contains themes dealing with the nature of animal abuse, brief strong language, and a small child getting possessed. Readers’ discretion is advised.

Author’s notes: This takes place in my own universe where Ash is currently traveling with Brock, May, and Max in Hoenn. The story will be written in script mode, because that’s the format I am most comfortable writing in.

STAGE 1: ISLAND OF THE TALKING POKÉMON

Chapter 1

Ash and friends are rowing across the open seas after an eventful journey in Alola. Everything seems quiet, until the fog rolls in.

Brock: Ugh, I can’t see a thing. The weather report didn’t mention any fog!
May: That’s what you get for trusting TV weather reporters. They’re never right.
Max: Ash, is your Greninja feeling better?
Ash: He’s still a little sad. Nurse Joy said that we should take him back home where he can fully heal.
May: Look! I see land!

Through the damp fog, May points at a desolate looking island.

Brock: That’s funny. It doesn’t seem to be on my map.
May: Well, it’s right there now! How do you explain that?!?
Brock: Very strange....I think we should stop there until the fog clears.

They row their boat over to the mysterious island. Upon arrival, the fog slowly lifts...

Max: This place gives me the creeps. I hope we don’t run into any wild Pokémon.
May: What’s the matter, Max? Are you afraid that an Ursaring is going to come out and attack you?
Max: Shut up! I’m not scared!

As soon as Max says that, an Ursaring comes out from behind a bush. But there’s something off about this one...

Ursaring: Grrrrr!!!! Get out of my way!!!!
Brock: Did that Ursaring just yell at us?
May: Never mind him; look over there!

Three other Pokémon, an Aggron, a Charizard, and a Blastoise, walk up next to the Ursaring, with bizarrely cheerful expressions on their faces.

Aggron: Hi! Welcome to our island!
Charizard: It’s nice to have some visitors.
Blastoise: What’s up, everyone?
Ash: What is going on here?
Charizard: If you want more answers-
Aggron: Follow us!

The three talking Pokémon lead our heroes to a strange laboratory. Outside, a familiar face greets them. It’s Dr. Gordon from the Battle Frontier episode, “Caterpie’s Big Dilemma”.

Brock: Hey! I remember you! You’re that guy we met in Kanto who made the Rare Candy!
Gordon: The very same! How nice it is to see you again!
May: What are you doing all the way out here?
Gordon: That whole Rare Candy business wasn’t for me, so I went back into the field of Pokémon science. I see you’ve met my new friends.
Ash: Actually, they kind of ran into us. How in the world did you do all this?
Gordon: Come inside with me and I’ll explain everything.

As everyone heads inside, a familiar submarine shaped like a Magikarp washes up on the beach. Out stumbles Jessie, James, and Meowth.

James: This is why I hate submarine travel. Next time we use the balloon!
Jessie: Well I didn’t want to use it today because the weather said there would be fog!
James: That’s not what the report that I saw said. It predicted clear skies all week!
Meowth: Would you two stop yappin’?!!!? I’m tryin’ ta figure out where we are!

Meowth’s eyes carefully scan the map, but the island they landed on doesn’t seem to be there.

James: Did you find out where this is yet?
Meowth: Wherever we are, it ain’t on da map!
Jessie: What?
Meowth: I said dat dis island ain’t nowhere on dis map!
Jessie: You mean we’re stuck here?!!??
Meowth: ‘Fraid so, Jess. I just hope we find civilization.
[Suddenly, out of nowhere, a voice comes from the bushes.]
Voice: Excuse me, handsome...
Meowth: Are you talkin’ to me?
Voice: I sure am, hot stuff. Come over here and I’ll make it worth your while.

Meowth goes over to investigate. He is very shocked to discover that the voice is coming from a female Meowth.

Meowth: Wowee! Hello, gorgeous! My name’s Meowth, what’s yours?
Female Meowth: I’m Madonnya.
Meowth: Madonnya? Dat’s a nice name. [double-take] Wait, how are you talking?
Female Meowth: All the Pokémon on this here island can talk.
James: Meowth, what's taking you so long in those bushes? Are you doing your business?
Meowth: I found me a new friend! Dis is Madonnya. She’s a talking Meowth just like me!
Jessie: A talking Pokémon, huh? Hey, if you’re a talking Pokémon, can you tell us where we are?
Female Meowth: Why, you’re on the Island of Talking Pokemon, my friend.
Jessie and James: Whaaaa?????

Last edited:
Chapter 2

Dr. Gordon leads our heroes inside the ginormous lobby of his laboratory.

Gordon: Welcome to the place where all the magic happens.
Brock: Wow! This place looks a lot bigger on the inside than it does on the outside.
Gordon: Down the hallway to my left, you’ll find the offices of this operation. The hallway to my right leads to the rooms where we do our experiments.
Max: I wanna see how you make the Pokémon talk!
Gordon: Relax, we’ll get to that soon enough. But first, I’m sure you’d all like to meet my boss.
May: You mean you’re not the one behind all of this?
Gordon: I wish I was that smart, but, alas, I am not the one in charge. If you’ll all just follow me into this door, then I’d like to introduce you to the genius behind our facility, Mr. George Forthright!

George Forthright is a tall, well-built man in his mid-to-late forties. He has a bushy brown mustache and very thick glasses. His voice is calm and deep.

Gordon: Sorry to disturb you, boss, but we have some visitors!
George: Greetings. I’m George Forthright. What brings you children to our facility?
Ash: Nice to meet you, sir. I’m Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town. That’s Brock, Max, May, and this is my best buddy Pikachu.
Pikachu: Pika pika!
George: Not the Ash Ketchum?
Ash: You’ve heard of me before?
George: Of course I have! You’re very famous. I’ve never missed a single one of your Pokémon League matches. Never did I imagine that I’d actually get to meet you in person!
Ash: Wow, I’m honored.
George: An old friend of mine met you before; he’s a Pokémon professor, and I think his last name began with an S or something...
Ash: Professor Sycamore?
George: Ah, yes, that was his name!
Max: Hello, can we go see the Pokémon now?!?
George: A little impatient, are we, young man? I thought that might be the reason you folks came here. Come along and I’ll show you the way we do things around here.

Mr. Forthright leads the gang down the hallway that Dr. Gordon mentioned earlier. They arrive in a room that resembles the waiting room of a doctor’s office. Several Pokémon are seated in chairs outside of a door.

George: This is what we call the “Waiting Room”. Inside of that door is our “Learning Place”. That’s where we teach our Pokémon how to speak. Allow me to demonstrate.

He signals to a Wobbuffet that is sitting in one of the chairs.

George: Take this Wobbuffet, for example.
Wobbuffet: Wobba, wobba!
George: I send him into the Learning Place. Now, we wait for a few minutes.

A few minutes pass, and nothing happens.

May: What exactly is going on in there?
George: You’ll see.

An alarm beeps, and the door slides open.

George: Our patient is all done. Here he is!
Wobbuffet: Wow! I can talk! This is the greatest day of my life! Thanks, Mr. F!
George: Any time, buddy!
May: How did you do it?
George: It’s rather simple, really. We show them the entire contents of one dictionary on a screen. Then, we use special waves to transmit this knowledge into the subject’s mind. When this process is done, our subject now has the ability to speak!
Gordon: Miraculous, isn’t it?
Max: This is so cool!
Brock: I’ve just got one question; how come this island didn’t show up on any of our maps?
George: We’re not ready to go public with this amazing technology yet, so we’ve placed a cloaking device around this area to keep the dirty press away from our island. Whatever you do, don’t tell anyone about us when you get back to the mainland. Is that understood?
Ash: Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone! They probably wouldn’t believe us, anyway.
George: Good boy. Since it’s almost that time of day, why don’t we all settle down and have some lunch?
Brock: That’s a good idea! I have some sandwiches in my backpack for us, and some of May’s special Pokéblock for our Pokémon.
Gordon: I’ll go back outside and take care of the rest of the Pokémon.
Ash: Come on out, guys!

[Ash lets out Snorlax, Heracross, Gliscor, Oshawott, and Greninja. May brings out Skitty, Munchlax, Blaziken, and Beautifly. Brock takes out Marshtomp, Forretress, Geodude, and Steelix.]

George: So that’s your famous bonding Greninja, huh? Professor Sycamore told me all about him.
Ash: Yep, this is him.
Greninja: [sadly] Ninja....
George: Your Greninja seems a little under the weather. What’s wrong? And why does he have that cast on?
Ash: You see, we kind of had a little accident where we got bitten by a poison-type while we were bonded together, and we turned into an evil monster that tried to destroy the Alola Region. Luckily, my friends saved us, but Greninja got hurt when we un-bonded.
George: That is very unfortunate.
Ash: I just wish I could better understand how he’s feeling.
George: My boy, you just gave me a brilliant idea!
Ash: I did?
George: Of course! Why don’t you just send your Greninja into our Learning Place! We’ll give him the power of speech so you can understand how he’s feeling.
Ash. Hmmmmm. I don’t know. What do you think, buddy?
[Greninja shakes his head]
Ash: You don’t want to? How come?
Greninja: Ninja, nin!
Ash: Well, if you don’t want to, that’s okay with me.
[Brock suddenly speaks up]
Brock: Excuse me, but I’d like to try it out!
George: Oh? Really?
Brock: You see, my Marshtomp is very unlucky when it comes to falling in love, just like me. If you guys gave him the power of speech, I could give him some dating advice!
May: Dating advice?
Max: The only advice you’re good at giving is how NOT to date someone!
George: Bah! Don’t listen to those fools. I’d be glad to give your Marshtomp our special treatment.
Brock: Really?!!? Oh boy! Good luck, Marshtomp.
Marshtomp: [confused] Marsh?
George: Okay, step right in here. This will only take a few minutes.
Brock: Will he be safe?
George: Trust me, he won’t feel a thing.

After about fifteen seconds, Marshtomp comes running out of the Learning Place and into Brock’s arms! He looks very scared.

Brock: Marshtomp, what’s wrong?
Marshtomp: Marshtomp, marsh!
Brock: They tried to do what to you?!!?
Marshtomp: Shtomp, marsh, marsh.
Brock: They tried to put a computer chip down your throat? Is this true, sir?
George: I have no idea what you’re talking about!
[Brock opens the Learning Place door]
Brock: Then how do you explain this contraption?!!??

Inside the room, there are various metal arms surrounding a chair that looks like something in a dentist’s office. Sure enough, one of the arms is holding what appears to be a computer chip.

Brock: You monster! You tried to hurt my poor little Marshtomp! What’s going on here?!?

Last edited:
Chapter 3

George: Alright, you caught me.
Ash: How could you do this to all these innocent Pokémon?
George: Revenge, my dear boy...
Brock: What kind of revenge?
George: You see, it all started when I was six. My father gave me a Wartortle that we named Splash. I loved him more than anything else in the whole world. When he eventually evolved into a Blastoise, I wanted to start being a Pokémon Trainer. But my parents wouldn’t allow it. They said I was still too young. One day, a bully challenged me to a battle. I couldn’t resist. I knew I was disobeying my parents, but we had to beat him. His Pokémon was Electabuzz, and we all know what happens when water types try to battle electric types. I couldn’t have known, though, because I was caught completely off guard by a blinding flash of electricity after Splash used his Water Gun.
Max: [interrupting] What does this have to do with revenge?
George: Quiet! I’m not finished! Anyway, when I woke up, I was in the hospital. I was okay, but Splash was dead. This is where my other love, science, comes in! When I was in college, I tried to revive him by using a specially modified seed that came from a Bulbasaur’s bulb. But I only ended up turning him into a disturbing hybrid of Blastoise and Venusaur that tried to kill me! I had to put this thing out of its misery, and that’s when I lost Splash for good. Not long after, I dropped out of college. All the other colleges I looked at rejected me, saying that they didn’t want to risk another accident like that. Then I left the mainland, and settled on this deserted island. I turned this empty building into my private laboratory, where I created the perfect invention; my special mind-controlling voice chip!
Brock: Is that what you tried to put in Marshtomp?
George: Indeed it is! You see, when a Pokémon swallows it, it takes control of their vocal cords, and gives them the ability to talk. Not only that, it also has a built-in transmitter, which sends signals to the Pokémon’s brain, in case I want them to do my bidding. A couple of years ago, I convinced Dr. Gordon to join my operation, and in return, he would provide me with more Pokémon.
Ash: Where did you get all these Pokémon from, anyway? They can’t all be from this island.
George: They’re not! In fact, we STOLE most of them! Do you children really think you are the first outsiders to discover this place? I have had young trainers visit this island numerous times before, all with the same outcome; their Pokémon fall under my control! And should they escape to warn the police, they never find us because of our cloaking device!
Ash: You’re crazy!
Pikachu: Pika!
Brock: I’ve seen enough. Let’s get out of this insane asylum.
May: Good idea.
George: I’m sorry, but I’m afraid you won’t be going anywhere.

George pulls a switch, and all of the doors and windows close. Next, he presses a button on his desk. All of the talking Pokémons’ eyes start glowing red. Then, he makes an announcement.

George: Attention, all Pokémon. This is your master speaking. Block off all entry points. Do not let anyone escape. This is not a drill!

His minions all respond with a monotone, “Yes, master”.

Outside...

Jessie: What are all those sirens for?
James: I don’t know, but it can’t be good, whatever it is!
[Meowth is getting attacked by Maddonya, who is spouting random lines from horror movies]
Meowth: Owwww!!!! Dat hurts!!! Why won’t you let me go?!?
Madonnya: YOU CAN CHECK OUT ANY TIME YOU LIKE. BUT YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE.
Meowth: Stop talkin’ like dat! You’re scarin’ me!
Madonnya: COME PLAY WITH ME FOREVER. AND EVER. AND EVER.
Meowth: I want my mommy!!

Jessie and James grab Meowth and turn to leave in their submarine, but are stopped by two Machoke guards.

Machoke 1: STOP RIGHT THERE.
Machoke 2: NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE THIS ISLAND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Inside...

Ash: If we can’t leave, we’ll just have to fight you. Let’s go, Gliscor!
Gliscor: Scor!
Ash: Use Screech!

Gliscor lets out a high-pitched wail that ripples the air. Picture frames on the walls break open and fall down. George has no time to cover his ears and is subjected to the aural cacophony around him.

Ash: Okay, I think he’s had enough.
George: [clearly out of breath] Thank...goodness.
Ash: I could use some help here, you guys.
May: Munchlax, use your Solar Beam!
George: Solar Beam??!!??
Munchlax: Muuuuuunch...LAAAAX!!!!

The Solar Beam blasts the locked door off its hinges.

May: Good job! Now let’s get out of here!
George: Stop! Come back! I’m not done with you!

But they are already gone.

Outside....

Jessie: Let us go, you freaks! Or I’ll tell our boss on you!
Machoke 2: DO NOT TALK BACK TO US, PRISONER.
Machoke 1: THOSE WHO TALK BACK ARE SENT TO THE DUNGEON.
James: Not the dungeon!!! Someone help us!

As if right on cue, a police boat suddenly arrives at the island. An entire force of Officer Jennys come out of the boat and run for the main building.

James: Um, hello? You forgot to save us!!!

Last edited:
Chapter 4

[Ash and friends run out of the laboratory but are very surprised to see that the area is surrounded by Officer Jennys.]

Jenny 1: George Forthright, you’re under arrest!
George: How did you find this island? It’s totally shielded from all outside communications!
Gordon: I called them, sir.
George: You?
Gordon: I had to do it. I couldn’t stand to see you hurt those innocent Pokémon any longer!
Jenny 2: What do you have to say for yourself?
George: I did it in the name of SCIENCE!!!!
Jenny 3: Take him away! I’m sure that the People for the Ethical Treatment of Pokémon would like to have a few words with him.
George: You may have gotten me this time, kids. But I’ll be back....

[Later, after Ash and friends head back to Kanto, Doctor Gordon makes an important phone call]

Gordon: Hello? This is Doctor Gordon here.
Phone voice: Have you shipped the Pokémon to me?
Gordon: I sure did! I told the police that I was returning the Pokémon to their original owners. They totally fell for it!
Phone voice: Excellent. These Pokémon will serve me very well. Did they arrest Forthright?
Gordon: Yes, sir! They’re taking him to the Hoenn Maximum Security Prison now.
Phone voice: Good work, Doctor. I’m sending one of my best agents to retrieve him. Don’t let anybody suspect that you work for me.
Gordon: No problem. It’s always a pleasure to serve you, Giovanni! I’ll meet you at your office tomorrow, and hopefully, George will be there with us.
Giovanni: The seeds of my master plan are now being put into motion. Tomorrow, we begin Stage 2: The Super Mewtwo Project....

End of STAGE 1

Last edited:
STAGE 2: THE SUPER MEWTWO PROJECT

Chapter 5

[Giovanni patiently waits for his best agent, Domino, to report back to him. He is also awaiting a phone call from his client, Dr. Gordon. Persian nuzzles his head on Giovanni’s legs as the phone rings]

Secretary: Phone call for you, sir.
Giovanni: Ah! It’s about time! [picks up phone] Hello?
Domino: This is Domino reporting, sir!
Giovanni: Have you broken Forthright out of jail yet?
Domino: I just arrived there. All I need to do is distract those pesky guards.
Guard 1: Hey, who’s there?
Domino: Sorry, sir. Gotta go. Looks like I’ve got company!

[She hangs up the phone and turns to face an angry prison guard. Two more guards quickly join him.]

Guard 1: What are you doin’ here, ma’am?
Guard 2: This is a restricted area. I’m afraid we’ll have to ask you to leave.
Domino: I’ve got a better idea. How about I stay and you leave?

[Domino pulls out a can of sleeping gas and sprays it on the guards.]

Guard 3: *dazed* Can I have some ice cream.....

[The guards faint. Domino chuckles and proceeds to open the cell where George Forthright is being held].

George: Man, I thought you’d never get here!
Domino: Let’s get out of here before those guys wake up. The boss has been expecting you.....

Later, at Giovanni’s headquarters, a meeting is taking place....

Giovanni: I’m sure you’d all like to know why I called you here.
Gordon: Well I know you didn’t call us over for a card game...
Giovanni: I’ve gathered you all here to reveal my latest creation. It is the next phase of my master plan.
George: Don’t leave us hanging! What is it?!?

[Giovanni walks over to an object covered by a tarp. He pulls the tarp off to reveal a Pokémon that looks a lot like a Mewtwo, but slightly taller and stronger looking.]

Gordon: My goodness! What is this amazing Pokémon?
Giovanni: I call him “Super Mewtwo”! I know, you’re probably thinking to yourself, “He looks like a regular old Mewtwo.” I assure you that is not the case. My best scientists have been working on him for almost two years, trying to perfect his complex genetic code. You see, we took a Mewtwo we found on Cinnabar Island, brought him here, and combined his regular anatomy with cybernetic implements. Rather ingenious, if I do say so myself!
Gordon: Is that even possible, sir?
Giovanni: I’ll admit that I had doubts about it myself, but our scientists rose to the challenge and created the perfect combination of machine and Pokémon.
George: So what can he do?
Giovanni: You’ll have to wait for that.
Gordon: What do you mean by that, sir?
Giovanni: I’ve scheduled a press conference at Viridian City Hall later today. I want everyone to see his amazing powers!
Gordon: But won’t they know that we’re part of Team Rocket?
Giovanni: That’s where these disguises come in. I’ve told the press that we are researchers looking to improve Pokémons’ performances. They won’t suspect a thing. Now help me get Super Mewtwo’s bacta tank into the back of my helicopter. This will be a day that Viridian City won’t soon forget....

Last edited:
Chapter 6

-Viridian City Hall-

[Viridian City Hall is buzzing with excitement. A mystery man with a long beard (in reality, Giovanni) has called for a presentation.]

Giovanni: [speaking in a ridiculous fake German accent] Velcome, ladies and gentlemen. Mein name is Professor Von Hamburger, but most people call me Ham. I haff gathered you here today to show you an exciting project zat I haff been vorking on.

[Various oohs and aahs fill the room. Giovanni wishes that Dr. Gordon would have come up with a better disguise, though.]

[Outside of the building, down the street, Ash and crew happen to be walking by. They notice all the news vans and photographers outside of the City Hall.]

Ash: Gee, what’s goin’ on over there?
Brock: Looks like a bunch of news reporters. I hope it’s nothing serious.
Max: I’ve never been on the news before! Let’s check it out!
May: But Max, we don’t even know what’s going on! Come back here!
Ash: Should we follow them?
Brock: If it means getting them out of trouble, then, yes.

[Ash and Brock follow May and Max over to the City Hall where the press has gathered. They have to push their way through the heavy crowd, causing several grunts and exclamations of pain.]

Brock: Can you see what’s going on in there?
May: It looks like some guy with a tarp.
Max: Shhhhh! I wanna hear this.
Giovanni: Behold! Super Mewtwo!

[The tarp is removed, revealing a bacta tank with Super Mewtwo sleeping inside. The audience (including Ash and friends) oohs and aahs with bewilderment.]

Giovanni: Zis project hast taken me almost two years to complete, und now I haff finished it!
Random guy in crowd: What can he do?
Giovanni: Just vatch zis! Okay, Super Mewtwo! Use some uff your Zychic moves to open ze tank!

[Super Mewtwo concentrates and telepathically pulls the lever, opening his tank. The crowd cheers.]

Giovanni: Ze scientists at mein company haff given Super Mewtwo every single Pokémon move zere is!
Another random guy: So, can he use a move like, for example, Tackle?
Giovanni: Zat can be arranged. Super Mewtwo, use Tackle!

[Super Mewtwo runs into the crowd and tackles a news reporter. The reporter is startled at first, but she quickly laughs it off.]

Giovanni: Ve created Super Mewtwo by taking a normal Mewtwo zat ve found on Cinnabar Island, giving him cybernetic enhancements and upgraded attacks and abilities. For example, vhenever somebody says his name, he vill immediately identify ze person who said it.

[Suddenly, Super Mewtwo starts speaking.]

SM: Where...am...I...? Who....am....I....?
Giovanni: Oh look, everyone! He said somezing!
SM: Who are you?
Giovanni: I am your master.
SM: Where am I?
Giovanni: Viridian City Hall. I am showing ze nice people your awesome powers!
SM: Who am I?
Giovanni: You are Super Mewtwo! Ze greatest creation in ze history of science!
SM: So, I am nothing more than a simple lab experiment?
Giovanni: Vell, you could say zat. I created you to fight for me.
SM: Does this mean I’m just your slave?
Giovanni: Your purpose is to help me capture and collect rare Pokémon by fighting zem!
SM: That is not good.
Giovanni: [drops the fake accent] I DID NOT DESIGN YOU TO BE GOOD.

[Ash and his friends gasp. They suddenly realize who the man inside really is.]

Ash: Wait a minute! That’s Giovanni!
May: I should have known!

[Back inside...]

Giovanni: Get back in your tank, Super Mewtwo. I’m taking you back to the lab so I can reprogram you! That is an order!
SM: I will not be taking any more orders from you!
Giovanni: What did you just say? Did you just talk back to me?

[Super Mewtwo, in a rage, destroys his bacta tank, and flies out of the City Hall. He lands outside, right next to our heroes.]

SM: Identify yourselves.
Ash: I’m, uh, Ash, and, uh, these are my friends, uh, Brock, May, Max, and Pikachu.
SM: Friends? What are friends?
Brock: A friend is someone who you hangs out with you a lot, and really likes you.
SM: Is this Pikachu your friend? Or is he your slave?
Ash: A slave? No way! I’d never do anything to hurt Pikachu. He and I go back a long way.
SM: Are you sure.
Ash: I’m always sure!
SM: Very well.
Ash: If you’re not too mad, I’d like you to be our friend, too.
SM: No one has ever asked me to be their friend before. But since you seem trustworthy, I guess I will be your friend.
Ash: Alright!

-Team Rocket HQ-

Giovanni: [whining] I can’t believe my greatest creation left me! My plans are ruined!
Gordon: To be fair, boss, you were kind of pushing him around.
Giovanni: Well, he is my creation, so I have to boss him around! [sigh] I guess I’ll have to switch to Plan B.
George: What’s Plan B?
Giovanni: Oh, Maxie!

[The leader of Team Magma, Maxie, walks out of the shadows.]

Maxie: You called me?
Giovanni: How’s that “side project” of yours coming along?
Maxie: I’m sure you’ll find that it’s going very well...

[Maxie presses a button on his jacket. Two giant doors behind him open up to reveal...Groudon!]

Gordon: Isn’t that Groudon, the legendary Pokémon?!!?
Maxie: It sure is!
George: How did you find him?!!??
Maxie: I had my agents infiltrate the cave where he lives and put him to sleep. Then, Giovanni was kind enough to loan one of his private air carriers to transport him here.
Gordon: That’s so amazing! I’m going to go touch him!
Maxie: I wouldn’t go there.

[Dr. Gordon runs up to Groudon and touches his tail, only to burn his finger.]

Gordon: GYAAAAAAHHH!!!!! HOT HOT HOT!

[He runs to the bathroom to cool it off.]

George: How is this Groudon going to help us with your master plan?
Giovanni: Simple, really. We’re using him as bait.
George: Bait? For what?
Maxie: This particular Groudon is good friends with a Kyogre that lives nearby. When Kyogre notices that his friend is gone, he will try to locate him, leading straight to us!
George: That is a delightfully wicked idea. But I still don’t understand what we need these two for.
Giovanni: Don’t you get it? Once I have TWO legendaries in my possession, that’s when you use your voice chip technology to put them under our control!
George: Why didn’t I think of that?
Giovanni: Because I’m an evil genius! Now you guys get ready. Kyogre will be paying us a visit any time now. And that is the time when we will strike!!!

Last edited:
Chapter 7

[After evading Giovanni, Ash and his friends (along with their new friend, Super Mewtwo) walk along a beach outside of Aopulco. Out of nowhere, a giant wave splashes them. But it isn’t a wave at all. It’s actually a Kyogre surfacing on the beach!]

Ash: Wow! It’s a Kyogre!
Brock: What’s a Kyogre doing all the way out here in Kanto?
SM: I will talk to him. I can read his mind.

[Super Mewtwo presses his hand against Kyogre’s forehead and begins to communicate with him telepathically.]

SM: Hmmm, I see what the problem is.
May: What is it?
SM: It appears that Kyogre is looking for his friend.
Max: He has a friend? Who?
SM: Kyogre tells me that he is best friends with a Groudon that lives near his home back in Hoenn.
Ash: What happened to Groudon?
SM: Apparently he was captured by Team Magma, whoever they are.
Ash: Not them again!
SM: You know these people?
Brock: They’re a bunch of criminals who want to use Groudon to create more land.
Max: But I thought Team Magma changed their evil ways?
Ash: I guess not. Whatever is going on here, we’ve gotta stop it!

[Kyogre crawls out of the ocean and points to a wooded area nearby.]

SM: Kyogre is telling us to go into those woods over there.
Brock: That must be where they took Groudon!
Ash: What are we waiting for? Let’s go! You stay here, Kyogre! I promise that we’ll save Groudon and bring him back here!

[Soon they arrive at the place Kyogre pointed them towards.

Ash: Hey, this is Team Rocket’s HQ!
Brock: Why would they bring Groudon here?
May: I bet Giovanni’s going to help them with whatever it is they’re doing!
Max: How are we going to get in? There’s guards everywhere!
SM: Leave everything to me. I’ll use Confusion.

[Super Mewtwo approaches the main gate. A Team Rocket Grunt blocks his path before he can enter.]

Grunt 1: Can I help you, sir?
SM: No thanks, I’m fine.

[He proceeds to use Confusion on the grunt.]

Grunt 1: Huh? What was I doing again?
SM: You were just about to let me and my friends in.
Grunt 1: Oh, yeah! Now I remember! Right this way!
SM: Thank you, sir.

[The group reaches the main door. Two more grunts are blocking it.]

Grunt 2: Do you have an appointment?
SM: No, but we’re friends of the boss.
Grunt 3: Can we see some ID, please?
SM: Sure, let me get it for you.

[Super Mewtwo turns around and pretends to look for his identification. Then he turns back and telepathically pushes the two grunts out of the way.]

SM: I think our Groudon is on the third floor.
Ash: Third floor, here we come!

Last edited:
Chapter 8
-Giovanni’s Office-

Maxie: Boss, look at this security camera footage.

[The camera is currently displaying footage from earlier of the man at the main gate letting our heroes in.]

Giovanni: [gasp] So that’s where Super Mewtwo went running off to! He’s joined forces with those annoying kids!
Maxie: That’s not all. Take a look at this other camera.

[The next angle shows Super Mewtwo pushing the two grunts out of the way with his telekinetic powers.]

Gordon: What are they doing here?
Giovanni: Could they be here for Groudon?
Maxie: Unlikely. They probably don’t even know that Groudon is in our possession!
Giovanni: Even so, we should still be on our guard. Those kids might bust in here any second.

[Right on cue, the door breaks open, and our heroes bust in.]

Ash: Leave that poor Groudon alone, you big bullies!
Giovanni: Well, well, well. If it isn’t Ash Ketchum and his gang of losers. It’s been a while since we’ve met.
Maxie: Nice to see you again, too. I remember when you kids ruined my last plan to control Groudon back in the Hoenn Region. I assume you’ve brought Kyogre with you, too?
Max: No, we let him stay behind so he’d be safe from you idiots!!
Giovanni: Harsh words, kid. But, no matter. I’ve got some friends for you to meet!
George: I’m sure you children remember who I am.
Ash: Mr. Forthright? I thought you got arrested! We saw it happen!
George: I thought I was a goner, too. But my connections with Team Rocket ensured my safe retrieval from prison.
Gordon. Remember me, too?
Brock: Dr. Gordon? I thought you were the one who got him arrested.
Gordon: I’m so glad my performance fooled you all! Yes, I did call the police, but it was all a part of the plan!
May: I’m confused. Didn’t you tell Officer Jenny that you were returning all those Pokémon to their rightful owners?
Gordon: My dear child, I did return them to their rightful owners. Team Rocket, that is!
Ash: Why would you do this, Dr. Gordon? We trusted you...
Gordon: Haven’t you ever heard the old saying, “Don’t trust anyone”? You kids have no idea what you’re up against! Shutting down our Talking Pokémon operation was but a minor setback, as was your befriending of Super Mewtwo! Even without those two things, we still have enough power to control the world! Take a look behind me!

[Dr. Gordon points to the giant cage which is holding Groudon captive. The legendary Pokémon roars at his captors for locking him in.]

Giovanni: Scream all you want, buddy, but it’s not going to do a thing! That cage is totally soundproof.
Gordon: And it’s electric proof, too! So that means you can’t use your precious Pikachu to destroy it, Ketchum!
Maxie: Don’t forget fireproof! Did you really think we would put one of the hottest Pokémon in a cage that can be easily melted?
Ash: [whispering] Super Mewtwo, they didn’t say anything about it being psychic proof. Can you do something?
SM: I guess I’ll give it a try.

[Super Mewtwo concentrates on the cage. His telekinetic powers pull apart the cage’s metal bars. In no time at all, it is but a twisted mess of steel. Groudon breaks free of his confinement and angrily stomps towards Giovanni.]

Ash: Looks like you guys forgot to make your dumb cage resistant to psychic attacks!
Gordon: I knew we were forgetting something! This is all your fault, Forthright!
George: My fault? You’re the one who built it!
Gordon: Well I’m not the one who designed the plans for it!
Giovanni: WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP?!!!??!!!??
Gordon and George: [weakly] Yes sir.
Ash: How about we have a little battle to settle things?
Giovanni: A battle, you say? That’s not a bad idea! Let me just warn you that this will make your demise even more painful.
Brock: Ash, do you really think you should try to battle him? He’s pretty tough.
Ash: But we have something he doesn’t! Super Mewtwo will help us!
Brock: Well, now that you put it that way, come on out, guys!

[Brock releases Marshtomp, Forretress, and Steelix.]

May: You too!
Ash: I choose all of my guys!

[May calls out Skitty, Blaziken, and Munchlax. Ash releases Greninja, Oshawott, and Gliscor.]

George: Ah yes, there’s your almighty Greninja. It’ll be a pleasure taking it down. Too bad your special bonding powers won’t be able to help you.
Giovanni: Bonding powers?
George: Didn’t I tell you? This boy’s Greninja has such a strong bond with him, they are sometimes able to combine themselves into a more powerful form.
Giovanni: Interesting. This makes me want to defeat you even more!
Maxie: Now let me introduce you to my Pokémon! Go Mightyena and Golbat!
George: I’ve got some powerful ones as well. Come on out, Aggron and Seismitoad!
Gordon: Don’t forget about my Pokémon! Allow me to introduce you to...

[Dr. Gordon releases a scary-looking Butterfree with a black coloration.]

Ash: What’s that?
Gordon: Meet Dark Butterfree! I made him myself by using the energy from Vicious’ Dark Balls on a Metapod! You wouldn’t want to mess with him!
Giovanni: And I’m sure you haven’t forgotten my Persian, have you?
Maxie: Go ahead, boy. You make the first move.
Ash: Alright, then. Oshawott, use Hydro Pump!
Oshawott: OSHAAAAA...WOTT!!!!

[Water sprays all over the bad guys. Seismitoad just absorbs it, and starts bulking up.]

George: How nice of you to make my Seismitoad more powerful! Toadie, use Drain Punch!

[Seismitoad runs over to Oshawott and punches him right in the face. Oshawott’s energy quickly drains, and he faints.]

Ash: Oh no! Return, Oshawott!
Brock: Forretress, use Rapid Spin on Golbat!

[Golbat tries to escape, but Forretress is too fast for it. Golbat falls to the ground.]

Maxie: Mightyena, help Golbat out! Use Bite on Forretress!

[Mightyena rushes to defend Golbat, but it ends up not doing any good when Forretress explodes, knocking them both out.]

Brock: Way to go, buddy!
Maxie: No! Mightyena, Golbat, return! I must go heal them at once! They’re the only Pokémon I have!

[Maxie runs out of the room to go heal his Pokémon.]

May: Now it’s your turn, Blaziken! Use Blaze Kick!

[Blaziken runs over to Aggron, but he dodges the attack at the last second, leaving Mr. Forthright in the line of fire (get it?)]

George: HOT HOT HOT!! COOL ME OFF, TOADIE!!!!

[Seismitoad uses his Water Gun on Mr. Forthright, dousing the flames.]

May: Blaziken, you were supposed to kick Aggron, not him!
Blaziken: Blaze?
George: I forget to mention that my Aggron is very fast! You’ll never catch him!
May: Skitty, use Blizzard on Aggron!

[The icy cold move freezes Aggron in a block of ice.]

Brock: Okay, Steelix. Use Iron Tail!

[Steelix’s Iron Tail is so powerful, it throws Aggron out of the building!]

[Outside, Jessie, James, and Meowth notice the commotion.]

Jessie: What’s with all of those flashing lights inside?
James: I think there’s a battle going on!
Meowth: I don’t remember da boss scheduling any battles for today.

[Aggron suddenly lands (and breaks out of the ice) right on top of James.]

Aggron: Gron?
James: [muffled] Don’t just stand there, get this thing off of me!
Wobbuffet: Wobbuffet!
Jessie: No one asked you!

Last edited:
Chapter 9
Giovanni: You children just don’t know when to give up, do you? Persian, please show them the exit.
Persian: Grrrowwrrr!!!
Gordon: Dark Butterfree, blow them away with Silver Wind!
Dark Butterfree: Freeeeee!!!!!
Ash: Greninja, use Water Shuriken!
Greninja: NIN-JAAAAH!!!!

[Water Shuriken takes out Persian, but Dark Butterfree manages to avoid it.]

Giovanni: I must admit, your Greninja’s powers are amazing! They will serve us well once we defeat you!
Ash: Sorry to rain on your parade, but that’s not gonna happen! Besides, you guys only have two Pokémon left!
May: Blaziken, use Peck on Seismitoad!
George: Block it with your Hydro Pump!

[Seismitoad shoots out a stream of water at Blaziken, who freaks out and runs away from it.]

George: Hey, kid! Your Blaziken is pretty wimpy! He can’t even attack my precious Toadie because he’s afraid of that mean old water! What a loser!
May: You take that back!!! Blaziken was the first Pokémon I ever had! I love him!!!!
George: Aww, did I hurt baby’s feelings? I’m dreadfully sorry!
May: You’re going down!!! Super Mewtwo, can’t you do something?
SM: It’s risky, but I have an idea. You and your friends need to combine all of your powers with mine, and we will create a super powerful ball of energy. However, if we are to try it, it might end up destroying this entire building.
Ash: If it means taking down Giovanni, then it’s a risk I’m willing to take!
Max: Me too!
Brock: Me three!
May: Me four!
Giovanni: What’s going on over there? Are you preparing to accept defeat?
Ash: No, it’s better than that! Alright, you guys, use your strongest attacks and sync them with Super Mewtwo!

[Ash and his friends’ Pokémon’s powers create a giant ball of energy, that even towers over Groudon!]

Ash: Ready, Super Mewtwo?
SM: All systems are go.
Giovanni: What are you going to do with that??

[Super Mewtwo levitates the energy ball over to a corner of the room.]

Gordon: Ha! You missed us!
SM: I’m not aiming for you!
Giovanni: Wait, what?!?

[The energy ball hits a large gas tank and causes a blindingly enormous explosion that destroys the entire building. Super Mewtwo protects our heroes with an energy shield. When the smoke clears, Giovanni rises out of the ashes, unhurt, but there is no sign of Dr. Gordon, Mr. Forthright, or their Pokémon.]

Giovanni: Heh, heh. Did you really think that an explosion could stop me?!? You may have destroyed our headquarters, but my plans are not yet over!

[He rushes to his helicopter in the only intact part of the building.]

Giovanni: So long, suckers!
Ash: Super Mewtwo, Giovanni’s escaping. What should we do?
SM: I’m not going to do a thing. But it looks like Groudon wants to help us.

[Groudon chases after Giovanni’s helicopter. But he is too slow to catch it. Giovanni easily flies away.]

SM: Forget about him, Groudon. Let’s get you home. Your friend is waiting for you.

[And so they return Groudon back to the beach where Kyogre is still waiting. The two legendaries embrace each other.]

Brock: Don’tcha just love reunions?

[Everyone ignores Brock’s lame joke as Groudon and Kyogre descend back into the ocean, and off into the sunset...]

[Meanwhile, Maxie crawls out of the remains of Team Rocket HQ’s Healing Station. He walks up the ruined stairs to what was once Giovanni’s office.]

Maxie: Hello? Is there anybody in here? Hellooo? What happened to this place?

[Then, he comes across the bodies of Dr. Gordon and Mr. Forthright. They did not survive the explosion. The dead body of Seismitoad is draped over his dead master.]

Maxie: Not even the Pokémon survived. Wait, what’s that?

[Out of the rubble, Dark Butterfree flies over to Maxie.]

Maxie: Well, at least there’s still you. But where’s Giovanni?

[Giovanni’s helicopter returns and lands next to the ruins of his headquarters. Maxie runs over to meet him.]

Giovanni: You’re still alive, Maxie?
Maxie: Just barely. What happened to Groudon?
Giovanni: Those brats used Super Mewtwo to destroy this entire building! They made off with Groudon, too!
Maxie: What do we do now? Mr. Forthright and Dr. Gordon are dead!
Giovanni: What a pity. They were of no more use to me, anyway. Besides, we still have all those Talking Pokémon at our disposal.
Maxie: Dr. Gordon’s Dark Butterfree survived, too. I’m sure he could be useful.
Giovanni: Yes, indeed. This was only another minor setback. Now it’s time to proceed to Stage Three of my Master Plan; The Pokemon Corruptor!

END OF STAGE TWO

Author’s note: All of this writing has made me tired. Since we’ve now reached the final stage of Giovanni’s plan, I’d like to hear your feedback!

Last edited:
STAGE THREE: THE POKÉMON CORRUPTOR

Chapter 10

[Morning arrives to Viridian as usual. But this morning will not be like every other morning, for this is the day that the last part of Giovanni’s Master Plan will be put into action. In his newly rebuilt headquarters, Giovanni strategizes with Maxie, the leader of Team Magma.]

Giovanni: Today is the big day. My greatest accomplishment is finally ready for action!
Maxie: Are you sure this thing is going to work?
Giovanni: I’m not just sure; I know it will work! My scientists have already tested it on our dearly departed friend, Mr. Forthright’s Talking Pokemon, with outstanding results! There’s no conceivable way that this is going to fail! I think I’ll try it out now!
Maxie: And just what are you going to try it out on, sir?
Giovanni: Come over to the window and I’ll show you!

[Giovanni’s nefarious Pokémon Corruptor is pointing outside at nothing in particular. He places his eyes behind a viewing piece, resembling that of a telescope.]

Giovanni: These built in binoculars allow me to see what’s going on in Viridian City. Oh, who do we have here?

[The viewpiece is currently pointing at an Officer Jenny training with her Growlithe]

Giovanni: Why, it’s Officer Jenny and her loyal Growlithe battalion. They won’t be so loyal after I’m through with them.

[He pulls the trigger on the device and it shoots out a bright red laser. It hits Officer Jenny’s Growlithe, who immediately freeze.]

Jenny: Huh? What’s going on, Growlithe? You’re as still as statues.

[Just then, the Growlithe’s eyes start glowing red, and they growl at their master. Suddenly, they start attacking her. One of them bites off a great chunk of hair. Jenny screams in pain, but manages to run away.]

Giovanni: [laughing] Oh, I’m already having so much fun! Who should I zap next?

[He turns the telescope to the left, and is now focused on someone else.]

Giovanni: Hmmm. Here comes the mailman and his Victreebel. Let’s see what happens when Victreebel gets hungry!

[The ray beam hits Victreebel, who then swallows the mailman’s head. The mailman runs around in circles trying to get the Pokémon off of him, causing Giovanni to laugh even harder.]

Maxie: Look at that poor sucker go! You were right, this is a lot of fun!

[Suddenly, Maxie notices a group of schoolchildren walking with their Pokémon.]

Maxie: Hey, look at this, boss!
Giovanni: A-ha! Now we’ve hit the jackpot! It’s a whole classroom of children. And they’ve all got their Pokémon with them! This could be promising...

[Giovanni aims his weapon at the Pokémon. The laser hits them, and they start attacking the children.]

Kid 1: Pidgey, stop Pecking me!
Kid 2: Get off of my back, Snorlax! You’ll crush me!
Kid 3: I thought we were friends, Magneton!! Why do you hate me now?!?
Giovanni: Poor little children. They never saw it coming.

-Pallet Town-

[Meanwhile, Ash and his friends are at his house. Brock is watching a cooking show on TV, when all of a sudden...]

Reporter: We interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this important news bulletin.
Brock: Guys, come look at this story on TV!
Ash: What’s up?
Reporter: We have just received numerous reports from Viridian City about Pokémon attacking their trainers. Officer Jenny was attacked by her Growlithe, a local mailman was killed after his Victreebel ate him, and a group of schoolchildren on a field trip were attacked by all of their Pokémon. The cause of these attacks is not known at this time, but it has only been confined to this one area. Stay tuned to this station for further details as they become available.
May: That’s horrible! I just hope those poor kids are alright.
Brock: I just hope that Officer Jenny is alright!!!
Ash: Whatever’s happening, we have to figure it out! Come on guys, let’s go!
SM: What about me, friends?
Ash: Go and hide at Professor Oak’s lab until this mess is over. Here, take my Heracross with you.
Heracross: Heracro!
SM: Will do!

Last edited:
Chapter 11

-Viridian City-

[Ash and his friends arrive in Viridian City. They are confused by the commotion occurring in front of them. A man with a mustache is being chased by an Azurill.]

Ash: What’s going on here, sir?
Man: Aren’t you Ash Ketchum? The runner up in Kalos last year?
Ash: Yeah, why?
Man: Allow me to introduce myself. I’m the mayor of this city! Now let’s get inside, where it’s safe.

[In the mayor’s office, all of his associates are hiding in the corner. The secretary tightly embraces her Totodile, who does not seem to be going crazy.]

Brock: Why isn’t your Totodile going nuts like the others?
Secretary: I have no idea. For some reason, all the Pokémon inside of City Hall haven’t been affected. That’s why we brought you guys in here to keep your Pokémon safe.
Mayor: The worst thing is that we still don’t know why they’re acting like this! Everything was normal this morning, but then my Azurill started attacking me!
Max: What if our Pokémon get affected?
Ash: As long as we stay in here, we’ll be fine. Is there any pattern to the attacks?
Mayor: All we know is that they are preceded by a flash of red light that seems to be coming from those woods.
Ash: The woods, huh? That’s where Team Rocket’s headquarters are! I’ll bet they’re behind this!

-Team Rocket HQ-

[Giovanni continues to fire his weapon at unsuspecting people, laughing at everyone he hits.]

Giovanni: Isn’t this fun, Maxie? I think our victims are having a great time!
Maxie: How does this help with your Master Plan?
Giovanni: Not only does the ray beam make the Pokémon go crazy, it also shoots a small mind control chip into their brains. When I press this button on the back of the Corruptor, they will do whatever I say. I’ll show you!

[Giovanni presses the button. All the affected Pokémon stop what they are doing.]

Giovanni: Attention, my Pokémon slaves. Please report to Team Rocket Headquarters.

[The Pokémon, in a trance, all chant “YES MASTER”, and march over to Giovanni’s place. When they arrive, he makes them line up along with the Pokémon he acquired from Mr. Forthright.]

Maxie: Now I’m impressed. This is quite an army we’ve got here. Those kids won’t be able to stop us now. Pardon me for asking, but is there a way to reverse this process?
Giovanni: I wish you wouldn’t have asked that, but I’ll tell you anyway. The only way to turn them back to normal is to blast them with the Corrupter again, or to destroy the Corruptor entirely. But there’s no chance of that happening, because no one will even suspect us!

[Suddenly, an alarm starts blaring. Giovanni rushes over to a computer to see what the problem is.]

Giovanni: It’s an Intruder Alert. What could this be about? Computer, show me some pictures of the main gate.

[The screen changes to a view of the main gate, which has been busted open. The camera pans to the left to reveal Ash and his friends snooping around.]

Giovanni: There’s the problem! It’s those stupid kids again. When will they ever learn to mind their own business?
Maxie: We can’t let them come in here and find the Pokémon Corruptor. They might figure out how to turn the Pokémon back to normal!
Giovanni: Don’t worry, Maxie. I knew that this was going to happen. That’s why I prepared a decoy Corruptor downstairs. And if anyone tries to use it, they’ll have a little surprise waiting for them!

Last edited:
Chapter 12

-Team Rocket HQ, Lobby-

[Ash and friends reach the main door, where a Team Rocket Grunt is blocking them.]

Ash: Alright, what’s Giovanni doing to all the Pokémon?!?
Grunt: I don’t know what you’re talking about, kid.
Ash: Don’t play dumb with me! Tell me the truth!
Grunt: I just told you...I don’t know anything!
May: [picks him up by his shirt] If you don’t tell us, then I’ll have Blaziken burn your head off! And he looks pretty excited....
Blaziken: [with an eager look on his face] Blaze!!!
Grunt: EEEK!!! Alright, I’ll tell you! In the room to the left, Giovanni has a weapon next to the window. If you hurry, you can still turn it off! Just don’t hurt me!!!
Ash: Thanks for the help! Now let’s get that thing!

[After they leave, the grunt opens a communication device on his wrist.]

Grunt: Hey boss, I told them where the fake weapon is, just like you ordered.
Giovanni: Well done. It’s all going according to plan...

[Our heroes enter the room where the grunt told them to go, and sure enough, there is a weapon in there.]

Ash: Look, there it is!
Brock: All we have to do is turn it off and everything will be okay.
Max: [running over to the device] I’ll do it!
May: No, Max! Don’t!

[But it is too late. Max touches the “off switch”, and is suddenly surrounded by an aura of blue energy. His eyes turn red, and his face turns to a frown.]

May: Max, are you alright?
Max: [speaks in a demonic voice] LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!
Brock: Gyaahhh!!!
Ash: What happened to his voice?
Max: I AM THE SPIRIT OF GEORGE FORTHRIGHT, ALSO KNOWN AS THE MAN YOU KILLED!!!
Ash: Wait, he died in that explosion?!?
Max: YES. ALONG WITH DR. GORDON AND ALL OF THEIR POKÉMON.
May: Even the Pokémon died?
Max: THAT’S RIGHT. YOU PEOPLE ARE POKÉMON MURDERERS.
Ash: It wasn’t our fault! We didn’t know he was going to die!
Max: IT MOST CERTAINLY IS YOUR FAULT. YOUR FRIEND, SUPER MEWTWO, IS THE ONE WHO CAUSED THE EXPLOSION. WHERE IS HE, ANYWAY?
Ash: He’s back at Professor Oak’s lab, where he’ll be safe from you and your boss’s dumb weapon!
Max: THANKS FOR TELLING ME THAT!!!! I THINK I WILL GO PAY HIM A VISIT!!!!
May: No, come back!

[The possessed Max heads for Professor Oak’s lab, leaving May in tears.]

May: [crying] Why did he have to pull that switch? Why couldn’t it have been ME?!??!!???
Ash: Don’t say that, May. You should be happy that wasn’t you! But all the same, I hope Max is alright. Now let’s go give Giovanni a beating he won’t forget!
May: Right! He’s gonna pay for doing this to my brother!

[Giovanni views the footage of Max touching the fake Corruptor, and laughs. He laughs even harder when he hears that Max is going to see Professor Oak.]

Giovanni: This is hilarious!!! I was hoping that Ketchum would touch it first, but the little brat? That’s even better!! And, get this, he’s going to Oak’s laboratory!!! [breaks down laughing]
Maxie: I am so confused right now. How in the world did you put Forthright’s soul in there?!? Where was I when this happened?
Giovanni: When Forthright died, his soul was so evil and powerful that it manifested itself as a Gengar. I asked the Gengar to inhabit the fake device, and it worked! So now the young brat is possessed by him until someone uses a psychic attack on him.
Maxie: You never told me there were two Corruptors.
Giovanni: I wanted to surprise you! Don’t you like surprises?
Maxie: Yes, but not when they involve bringing someone back from the dead! Leave this sort of thing to those con artists on public access TV shows!
Giovanni: No. Don’t tell me. You’re not going...SOFT... are you?!??
Maxie: No, sir, I-
Giovanni: Now, you listen to me!!! I do not allow SOFT individuals in this building! So change your attitude or GET OUT!!!
Maxie: Y-y-yes sir.

[Meanwhile, Jessie and Meowth are at the Viridian City Pokémon Center, where James is recovering from his injuries after Aggron fell on him.]

Meowth: Cheer up, James! Once you’re better, we can go back to trying to snatch Pikachu!
James: I want my mommy!
Jessie: Stop being a baby! When Nurse Joy comes back in here, she can let you go!
Meowth: Say, where is Nurse Joy? I ain’t seen her since dis morning.
Jessie: Nurse Joy is a busy lady, Meowth. She probably has a very good reason.

[Nurse Joy has been busy all day working on the people that got attacked by their Pokémon. She returns to James’ room.]

Nurse Joy: Good news, James. Your back has finally healed. You can go free, now!
James: [suddenly feeling a lot better] Ooh, goody, good, good! Come on, Jess, let’s get out of here!

[They run out of the Center to see a bunch of creepy looking Pokémon angrily staring at them.]

Jessie: What are you guys looking at?
James: It’s not nice to stare, you know!
Meowth: Uh, Jessie, James. I don’t think they’re happy right now.

[The creepy Pokémon start beating the trio up, and in the process, break James’ arm.]

[Back at Team Rocket HQ, Ash breaks down the door to Giovanni’s office.]

Ash: Stop right there, Giovanni! The jig is up!
Giovanni: Ah, you’re back! How nice it is to see you again!
May: Don’t be so coy with us! What did you do to my brother?!?
Giovanni: Relax. Your brother will be fine. For now.
May: For now? What does that mean?
Giovanni: Oh, didn’t you know? You have to get the spirit out of him by midnight, or else he will take control of his body forever!
May: That’s all fine and dandy, but, how exactly do we get it out?
Giovanni: You have to use a psychic type. But I don’t see any psychic types in your party. What happened to Super Mewtwo?
May: We left him at Professor Oak’s lab.
Giovanni: Which, coincidentally, also happens to be where you little brother is heading right now.
Brock: Then Super Mewtwo will just defeat him there!
Giovanni: Oh, I wouldn’t be so sure of that. The spirit’s powers are getting stronger every minute. You children should just give up right now. There’s no way you can stop him, even with Super Mewtwo’s help!
Ash: Grr, I hate you so much! You are without a doubt the most evil person I have ever met!
Giovanni: Cry me a river, kid! Take your stupid Pokémon and go home! [Giovanni gets an idea in his mind] They can’t even defeat a Darkrai!
Ash: What....did you just say?
Giovanni: Don’t ignore it, I know all about what happened at the Sinnoh League finals. It was all over the news. I saw your precious Pokémon take beating after beating from some guy with legendaries.
Ash: Don’t you dare! I’m warning you!
May: Uh-oh, this is gonna get ugly...
Giovanni: If your Pokémon are as good as you say they are, why do you lose EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR? Face it, kid. You were never great! And you never will be! You’re a LOSER!
Ash: I AM a great trainer, and you know it!!
Giovanni: Says the LOSER who lost the Indigo League because his Charizard fell asleep!!! [makes “snoring” noises]
Ash: [finally snaps] OKAY, THAT’S IT! PIKACHU, THUNDERBOLT HIM!
Pikachu: CHUUUUUU!!!!!

[For some reason, Giovanni makes it through the attack without a single shock.]

Giovanni: [laughs] You just don’t get it, do you? You’ll never stop me. In fact, I’m not even standing here right now!
Ash: Say what?

[Giovanni suddenly dematerializes from view. Ash has actually been talking to a hologram this whole time.]

Brock: Ash, look out! He’s behind you!!

[The real Giovanni runs up behind Ash, ready to strike!]

Last edited:
Chapter 13

[Giovanni expects a blow to Ash’s face, but Ash blocks him with his arms.]

Giovanni: Good moves, boy, but they’re not good enough!
Ash: Just you wait...

[A fistfight breaks out between Ash and Giovanni. Ash’s friends cheer him on, while Maxie just idles in the background, trying to stay out of trouble.]

Giovanni: Oof...you punch harder than I thought. But you’re still not going to beat me.
Ash: Trust me, I’m just getting started!
May: Come on, Ash! You can beat him! Do it for Max.
Ash: Oh, man! I forgot about him! How much time do we have left?
Giovanni: Three hours to go....tick-tock-tick-tock...

-Professor Oak’s Laboratory, Pallet Town-

[Meanwhile, Professor Oak is winding down for the night. He puts all of his research equipment away, and heads to his bedroom to change into his nightclothes. He only reaches as far as the bedroom door when Tracey stops him. Ash’s Heracross is with him.]

Tracey: Professor, Professor! We have a situation outside!
Oak: What could it be at this hour? Can’t you see I’m trying to settle down for the night?
Tracey: Some kind of demon just tried to attack me!
Oak: A demon, huh? Are you sure that you weren’t just dreaming?
Tracey: It’s not a dream! I was outside tending to the Pokemon, when that thing sent a psychic wave at me! Luckily, Heracross helped me get out of its way!
Oak: Alright, I’ll go and take a look at your “demon”. I’m sure there’s nothing there.

[Oak goes outside, and is immediately greeted by a scream straight out of a horror movie.]

Max: WHO GOES THERE?!!!??
Oak: Max? Is that you?
Max: DO NOT REFER TO ME BY THAT NAME! I AM THE SPIRIT OF GORDON FORTHRIGHT!!!
Oak: [surprised to hear that name] Gordon?!? What happened to you?
Max: YOUR FOOLISH FRIENDS THOUGHT THEY COULD DESTROY ME FOREVER WHEN THEY BLEW ME UP, BUT MY SPIRIT WAS ABLE TO WITHSTAND THE EXPLOSION!
Oak: Spirits?? Explosions?? What are you talking about, man?!?
Max: WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT MY SPIRIT WAS SO EVIL AND SO POWERFUL THAT IT ENABLED ME TO ESCAPE MY BODY WHEN I WAS KILLED!!! WHEN THIS YOUNG BOY TOUCHED THE CASE I WAS SEALED IN, I TOOK OVER HIS BODY!!! ONCE IT REACHES MIDNIGHT, I WILL REMAIN IN HERE FOREVER!!!
Oak: You sick, twisted demon! Get out of Max’s body, right now!
Max: SORRY, BUT THE ONLY WAY I CAN LEAVE THIS BODY IS IF A PSYCHIC TYPE ATTACKS ME.
Oak: I don’t think Ash has any psychic types. So I guess there’s nothing I can do.
Max: OH, WELL. AT LEAST YOU TRIED. BUT NOW, PREPARE FOR YOUR DESTRUCTION!!!!

[Suddenly, Super Mewtwo arrives on the scene.]

SM: What about me, sir?
Oak: Oh, that’s right....
Max: NO! NOT SUPER MEWTWO!!! A SINGLE ATTACK FROM HIM COULD DESTROY MY SPIRIT FOREVER!
Oak: That’s exactly what I plan on doing.
Max: PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU, SPARE ME!!!!
Oak: Super Mewtwo, use Hyper Beam!
Max: NOT HYPER BEAM!!!
SM: See you in Hell, demon!!!!
Max: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

[Super Mewtwo’s Hyper Beam does the trick. The spirit of Forthright exits Max’s body, and explodes in a bright flash of blue light. With the demon out of his body, Max’s eyes return to normal. He slumps to the floor.]

Max: Wh-what happened....?
SM: Are you alright, child?
Max: Super Mewtwo? Is that you?
SM: It is, indeed. My psychic powers were just enough to drive that evil demon out of you.
Max: Demon?
SM: I’ll explain later. Let’s get you back to your sister.
Oak: Thanks, Super Mewtwo! I owe you one for saving my lab!

-Team Rocket HQ-

[In Giovanni’s office, the fistfight continues. Ash tries his best, but most of his punches barely affect Giovanni, who is a giant monster of a man.]

Giovanni: What a weakling! You punch like a girl!
Ash: How can one man be so strong?
Giovanni: One word: Exercise! And unlike you, I have plenty of experience! I won the Indigo League on my first try! Remind me, how did you do in the Indigo League?
Ash: SHUT. UP.
Giovanni: Give me a break! No matter how many times you deny it, I’ll always be right about one thing: you are destined to fail for eternity. Unless by some random alignment of the stars and planets, you will remain what you always have been; A LOSER!
Ash: I’m not giving up!
Brock: You tell him, Ash!
Pikachu: PikaPi!
May: Make him eat his words!!

[Then, Super Mewtwo zooms into the room, carrying Max in his arms. May’s face immediately lights up with joy.]

SM: Excuse me, ma’am. Does this boy belong to you?
May: Max! You’re safe!
Max: May...is that you?
May: Oh, thank you, Super Mewtwo! How can I ever thank you?!!?
Ash: Nice work, Super Mewtwo! Way to go!

[Ash is so caught up in the excitement of Max’s return, he fails to notice Giovanni’s massive foot about to crush him.]
Brock: ASH, LOOK OUT!
Ash: Huh?

[CRUNCH!!!! The foot lands on Ash’s back, pinning him down.]

Giovanni: Look who decided to show his face again. You’re just in time to see me CRUSH Ash Ketchum once and for all!
SM: Leave the boy alone.
Giovanni: What are the words I’m looking for? Oh yeah. MAKE ME!!!!
SM: No, you don’t understand! You’re cutting off his circulation. If you don’t step off, it’ll kill him!
Ash: Get him off of me, Super Mewtwo! [cough] I can’t breathe!
Giovanni: Take a look at my other foot. Do you know what I’m going to do with it?
SM: No, what?
Giovanni: It’s going to land right on this boy’s head.
SM: Don’t you dare! That will really hurt him!
Giovanni: I know. Once I step on his head, there will be nothing you can do to save him.
SM: Let him go or I’ll kill you!!!
Giovanni: Oh no! Now I’m really scared!!! You’ve gotta come up with a better threat than that!
SM: Let him go or I will melt your head off with my psychic waves....
Giovanni: [chuckles] I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that one! You should be a comedian!
SM: You think I’m joking?!!? Don’t make me force you to let him go!!!
Giovanni: What are you gonna do? Knock my block off?
Maxie: No, I will.
Giovanni: Eh?
Maxie: Dark Butterfree, use Bite!
DB: Freeeeee!!!!!

[Out of nowhere, Giovanni is attacked by Maxie and Dark Butterfree. He falls off Ash and lands on the floor with a thud.]

Ash: Thank goodness! I thought my head was gonna pop off.
Giovanni: What do you think you’re doing, Maxie?
Maxie: I can’t stand to see you hurt that boy anymore. I’ve realized that being evil did nothing but make my life more miserable than it already was. Being good gives me the chance to correct my past wrongdoings.
Giovanni: I knew it! You have gone soft! As of this moment, you are no longer welcome in Team Rocket!!!!
Maxie: That’s fine by me. I don’t want to be here anymore!

[While they argue, Max sneaks over to the Pokémon Corruptor. He notices the button on the back.]

Max: This must be the off button.
May: Max! Don’t press that button!

[Too late! He presses it anyway, and activates the mind control chips in the corrupted Pokémon.]

Max: What happened?
Giovanni: You just activated my mind control chips! When I blasted those Pokémon with my Pokémon Corruptor, it sent these small chips into their brains! That button you pressed puts them under my control. Now, if you’ll excuse me. ATTENTION, MY POKÉMON SLAVES. ATTACK THESE CHILDREN, AND THAT TRAITOR, MAXIE, TOO!

[The evil Pokémon march into Giovanni’s office, their minds set on only one thing; destroying Ash Ketchum and his friends.]

Giovanni: The final showdown is about to begin....

Last edited:
You should really only post once a day at most. That gives you time to think over and edit your work and potential readers a chance to actually read it and give feedback. before another chapter goes up.

More than once a week is ordinarily the point where I'd say you're updating too much.

You should really only post once a day at most. That gives you time to think over and edit your work and potential readers a chance to actually read it and give feedback. before another chapter goes up.

More than once a week is ordinarily the point where I'd say you're updating too much.
Thanks for the advice. I actually wrote this story a while ago, and am unleashing it here all at once. It’s almost done, anyway, but you’ll have to wait until tomorrow for me to upload the last chapter.

Here it is, the final chapter....who will win?

Chapter 14

[Surrounded on all sides by Giovanni’s army of possessed Pokémon, it looks like Ash and friends are in a tight spot!]

Giovanni: You fools may have outnumbered me in our last battle, but I have the upper hand now! If you want to save your Pokémon from certain defeat, I suggest you give up while the going’s good!
Ash: I’m not giving up! I’ve still got all my friends here to back me up!
Brock: Yeah! We’re with you ‘till the bitter end!
Max: Go, Ash!
Giovanni: This time, I’ll be making the first move. Go, Persian! Use Fury Swipes!
Brock: Marshtomp, use Protect!

Marshtomp blocks Persian’s attack. Giovanni is upset at this.

Giovanni: No fair! I didn’t even get a chance to attack you!
Brock: All’s fair in war, Giovanni.
Ash: Greninja, use Bubble Beam!

Unfortunately, this attack misses Persian. He snickers at Greninja like a school bully. Then, Giovanni gets a wicked idea in his head.

Giovanni: I would like all the fire types in my army to attack these children with Flamethrower!! SHOW NO MERCY!

Without any question, all the fire types start shooting out blasts of fire. When it is over, Munchlax and Venusaur have fainted.

May: Oh, no! Munchlax, Venusaur, return!
Maxie: You’re not gonna let some dumb fire-type moves stop you, are you? Don’t you have a Blaziken or something?
May: Yes, I do! Go, Blaziken!
Giovanni: Blaziken, huh? Fire types, return. Now I’d like all my water type slaves to come out. Use Water Gun!
May: Dodge it, Blaziken!

Blaziken jumps out of the way at the last second, leaving Snorlax to take the brunt of the attack. His massive girth prevents him from getting any serious damage.

Ash: Way to go, Snorlax!
Snorlax: Lax. [goes back to sleep]
Giovanni: Not so powerful now, is he? Your Pokémon are worthless!!
Ash: DON’T YOU EVER CALL MY POKÉMON WORTHLESS!!!!!

Suddenly, Ash and Greninja are surrounded by a column of blue light. When it disappears, Greninja has changed his appearance.

Giovanni: What’s this??
Ash: Giovanni, I’d like you to meet Ash-Greninja! This is the special bonded form that Mr. Forthright told you about!
Giovanni: Hmm, so it is. Just to be safe, I would now like all of my Psychic Types to attack.
[Only one Alakazam steps forward.]
Giovanni: There’s only one?!?
Ash: Tough luck, Giovanni. Looks like that’s the only Psychic Type you have!
Giovanni: That doesn’t mean he can’t attack you! Use Confusion!!!!

Alakazam makes May’s Skitty dizzy. But, luckily, she manages to shake it off, and uses Blizzard on Alakazam.

May: Way to go, Skitty!!
Giovanni: How did your Skitty not faint?!? A Pokémon of that size would have fainted instantly!
May: Looks can be deceiving! Now, Skitty, use Assist!

The Assist gives Skitty the ability to use Blaziken’s Flamethrower. It proves too much for Alakazam, and he faints.

Ash: Looks like you’re all out of Psychic Types! Too bad!
Giovanni: Grrrr!!!!!! I have just about had enough of your little wise-cracks, boy!!! Now, I call upon my Rock Types!!!!
[The Rock Types in Giovanni’s army step forward.]
Giovanni: Now what are you gonna do??!?
[Brock starts chuckling]
Giovanni: Why are you laughing?!?
Brock: You seem to have forgotten that I’m the Pewter City Gym Leader! Rock Types are my specialty!!! I know all their weaknesses!!! Attack them, Steelix!
Giovanni: Oh, I don’t think so....

He presses a button, and a hose emerges from the ceiling, proceeding to blast Steelix with water. Steelix falls over, unconscious.

Brock: Return, Steelix! That wasn’t fair, Giovanni!!
Giovanni: Ah, but you said so yourself, “All’s fair in war”!
Brock: Ugghh, you’ll pay for that!!! Go, Marshtomp!!!!
Ash: You help too, Snorlax!
Giovanni: Rock Types, attack!

A fearsome looking Golem approaches Marshtomp and starts beating the tar out of him. Snorlax tries to help out, but Golem attacks him, too. Blaziken comes up behind Golem and kicks him in the rear, but Golem’s body is very hard, so it only ends up bruising Blaziken’s foot. In the end, Snorlax and Marshtomp both faint.

Brock: Marshtomp, return!
Ash: You too, Snorlax!!

May nurses her Blaziken’s injured foot, while Giovanni just snickers.

Giovanni: Awww, did Blaziken get a boo-boo? I’m terribly sorry....NOT!!!!

But May ignores Giovanni’s insults as she suddenly notices that the Pokémon are being controlled by a ray of light coming from the Pokémon Corruptor.

May: [whispering to Ash] Hey, Ash. Look! That’s how Giovanni’s controlling all the Pokémon!
Ash: [whispering to Super Mewtwo] Super Mewtwo, you’ve gotta take out the Corruptor over there.
SM: Very well. I will try.
Ash: Okay, use Solar Beam!!!
[Super Mewtwo aims at the Corruptor and fires.]
Giovanni: Ha ha! You missed me!
SM: Once again, I wasn’t aiming at you.
Giovanni: Oh, crap.

The Pokémon Corruptor explodes into millions of pieces. The possessed Pokémon lose the red eyes and look around, confused.

Meanwhile, Jessie, James, and Meowth are still getting clobbered. The Pokémon Corruptor’s effects wear off, but they then go back to beating them up.

Giovanni: My greatest invention is ruined! I’ve been defeated by a bunch of stupid kids!
Brock: I guess you’ve never heard the old saying: You win some, you lose some.
Ash: Care to do the honors, Pikachu?
Pikachu: Pika!
Ash: Use Thunderbolt!
Pikachu: Pika-CHUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Giovanni gets sent through the ceiling and into the sky.

Giovanni: Looks like I’m blasting off agaaaaaaiiiiiin.....!

[ding]

Ash: Woo-hoo! We did it! That’ll show Giovanni for calling me a loser!
Maxie: Take that, ex-boss! You deserve that!
Max: He certainly does! I’m never going to forgive him for what he did to me!
Brock: Happy trails to you, Giovanni!
May: Don’t come back!
SM: In the meantime, I will take care of the Pokémon that Giovanni’s weapon possessed.

Super Mewtwo shoots the Pokémon with special teleportation rays that return them to their owners.

[Jenny’s Growlithe reappear, confused about what just happened]
Growlithe: [confused] Growl?
Officer Jenny: Growlithe? Oh, thank goodness!! You’re back to normal!
Growlithe: Groooooowl!
[The Mayor’s Azurill pops back into his arms]
Mayor: I missed you, Azurill!
Azurill: Azu, Azu!

[The little kids who were on the field trip get their Pokémon back, too]
Kid 1: Pidgey! You’re safe!
Kid 2: I love you, Snorlax! But, please don’t try to crush me again!
Kid 3: Umm, I guess you’re cool too, Magneton.
Magneton: Ton!

Unfortunately, the Victreebel has no owner to return to, as it ate him. But such is life.

-Professor Oak’s Laboratory, Pallet Town-

[Ash and friends drop Super Mewtwo off back at Professor Oak’s lab.]

Ash: Good luck, Super Mewtwo! Take good care of Professor Oak’s garden!
SM: Farewell, Ash. I am sure we will meet again in the future. Until then, this is goodbye....

And so, our heroes’ exciting journey comes to a close as they return to Hoenn. With lots of twists, turns, and random demonic possessions, it’s certainly going to be an adventure that they will remember for years to come now...as the journey continues!

THE END

So, that ends my fourteen chapter saga! Did you enjoy it? Let me know in the comments!

Special thanks to my little sister for helping me with the story, and to Bulbapedia for helping with the moves and attacks.

I’ve got a prequel coming soon that focuses on Mr. Forthright’s life story. So be on the lookout for that, as well!

My dream cast:

Veronica Taylor: Ash, May
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Eric Stuart: Brock, James, Kid #3, Talking Charizard, Snorlax
Amy Birnbaum: Max, Kid #1
Rachael Lillis: Jessie, Secretary
Ed Paul: Giovanni, Tracey, Talking Blastoise
Wayne Grayson: Dr. Gordon
Dan Green: George Forthright, Super Mewtwo, Talking Ursaring, Reporter
Billy Bob Thompson: Greninja, Dark Butterfree
Carter Cathcart: Meowth, Forthright’s Aggron, Marshtomp, Magneton, Toadie
Erica Schroeder: Wobbuffet, Maddonya, Kid #2
Marc Thompson: Gliscor, Maxie, Mailman, Talking Aggron, Lobby Grunt, Machoke Guards
Stan Hart: Professor Oak
Rica Matsumoto: Persian
Rikako Aikawa: Victreebel
Mike Pollock: Mayor
Darren Dunstan: Blaziken
Lee Quick: Officer Jenny
Maddie Blaustein: Growlithe (archive audio), Alakazam (archive audio)
Rodger Parsons: Narrator

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom