• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Giratina & the Sky warrior ranks 53 in NHK top 100 anime poll.

Peppermint Phoenix

The one once known as Alphaphlare
Reaction score
It's a pretty average film compared to the rest. Maybe a guest star is super popular?

So, though the first page does show the Top 100, you can go back as far as the Top 400, and a few more Pokemon titles place in between #100 and #400, namely:
  • #209: Pokemon XY&Z
  • #324: Pokemon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
  • #348: Pokemon XY
Also, you can separate them based on the gender of those polled - in the female demographic, Giratina & the Sky Warrior is ranked at #59; whereas in the male demographic, it's ranked higher at #39. The original series isn't in the male voter's Top 100, whereas it is number 68 for the female demographic. Though I couldn't find the demographics by number at all, the rankings on the main page when compared to male or female-only seem to suggest that there were more female voters - for instance, Osomatsu-san is number 4 for female voters, but it isn't even on the male Top 100, yet it is in 10th place overall. Tiger & Bunny is 42nd on the male voters' list, and first on the female list - it remains in first on the Top 100 in general.

And I've only got the dusty memories of the Rise of Darkrai and Ash's Staravia evolving...

I need to rewatch the movie and series when I get my next long breaks...

Magnemite is a meme in Japan, and the Magnemite line play a rather substantial role in the film.

Not that this would be the reason, but the setting for the movie was really cool and as such the animation was really cool showing the beautiful landscape. Maybe if the list is more about the quality of animation (although that wouldn't explain OS being high)? In general I thought it was a really good movie too, with a good storyline, visiting distortion world was cool, Shaymin is a really cool Pokemon, etc. I still find it surprising that it would be the "best" Pokemon movie though.

I'm very surprised because I didn't enjoy the movie that much myself. I don't remember much from it, except that I felt disappointed after watching it. :cautious: I'm happy to see Pokemon made it in the top 100 at least, twice even.

Legit LOL. All I remember of that movie were bitter, bitter feelings of 1-2hrs of my life I'd never get back! People who vote in polls are weird.

So, though the first page does show the Top 100, you can go back as far as the Top 400, and a few more Pokemon titles place in between #100 and #400, namely:
  • #209: Pokemon XY&Z
  • #324: Pokemon the First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
  • #348: Pokemon XY
Also, you can separate them based on the gender of those polled - in the female demographic, Giratina & the Sky Warrior is ranked at #59; whereas in the male demographic, it's ranked higher at #39. The original series isn't in the male voter's Top 100, whereas it is number 68 for the female demographic. Though I couldn't find the demographics by number at all, the rankings on the main page when compared to male or female-only seem to suggest that there were more female voters - for instance, Osomatsu-san is number 4 for female voters, but it isn't even on the male Top 100, yet it is in 10th place overall. Tiger & Bunny is 42nd on the male voters' list, and first on the female list - it remains in first on the Top 100 in general.
I think there may be more factors affecting this popularity list. I scrolled through the list again, and saw that Death Note - freaking Death Note - is not in the top 100. Seeing how it spawned so many movies, drama series, and even musicals with top tier singers, I am rather surprised. Maybe the never-ending creation of all the extra series made people tired of it - but doesn't that just prove its actual popularity and continuous high demand? Plus, the ratings of the animated series back when it aired were really good considering the time slot it had.

Likewise, a DP movie is in the top 100 yet the DP television series isn't...

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom