• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Girl Pokeathlete Character?

JohnnyCool708

Observer
Reaction score
Between Generations there has usually been some stupid sub thing. (Orange Islands, Battle Frontier) What do you think this will be if there is one? Also, will Hikari stick around and leave at Gen V, only to be replaced by a Pokeathlete since Contests are stale?

With this Season likely ending very close to the end of Gen V I doubt there will be a Filler saga.

Gen V means Gen V girl. Right?

Really all we can do is speculate for now. It's best to just sit back and see what happens.

Nope, won't be a filler arc. Gen V comes out this year.

Actually, do you think they planned that, ending Sinnoh so close to Gen 5?

Its possible every gen from now on will be as long as Sinnoh, all 200 eps and no filler arc.

To be honest I think the real reason there was no filler arc this gen is simply the writers did not want to take the group back to Johto. Its obvious that was the only place a filler arc could have happened, but the writers avoided Johto as a region at all costs.

Well, there won't be a filler arc but there could be a girl pokeathlete next gen.

Yeah I'd like it so much :3 A Pokeathlete girl would be amazing!! I think that anohter mini-season would be quite improbable, but I'd like that V Gen girl was a Pokeathlete. I'm getting tired of coordinator girls :(! I hope the next girl was whatever thing but coordinator xD. A pokeathlete could be a good option, I want to know more about Pokethlon :3! Producers could replace Brock and putting a cooordintor boy in his place =D

Last edited:
I would personally welcome this idea.Contests are getting repetitive much,and getting something new would be nice and interesting addition to this anime.And even though we will most likely get another girl(sigh,how many until it gets too much would be question here),at least get her do something else than just getting same fomat of coordinating.

Speaking of which,i always finded Misty bing good candidate to do pokethlon aswell,and i heard many people welcoming this..She is sport related person,who likes competing in races and similar activities and her coming back to advance goal through this branch of pokemon occupation would be good thing.Include in that,how she is appearing in HGSS remakes which introduced pokethlon,and from advertizing point she makes good canidate to prmote it.

Chances of getting another mini saga are unlikely at this point,with new games coming out at end of this year,but window of opportunity for 5th generation and pokethlon is still open.

As the others have said there will be no filler arc.

While it would be the third time in a row, I want contests to stay. Pokeathlon isn't exciting at all. As I said in a previous thread, we would get training eps of pokemon running, jumping hurdles and breaking bricks. They all sound completely fascinating.

The new Black/White games might have a new sidequest though, so I'll reserve judgement to see if those games have a new interesting quest that could be in the anime.

The new Black/White games might have a new sidequest though, so I'll reserve judgement to see if those games have a new interesting quest that could be in the anime.

Hmm, never thought about that. Well, if there is a new quest/activity then I hope that we could see gym battles, contests and the new quest. That way we can get both of the Gen V player characters as travelling partners.

Hmmm while I think another generation of contests could become tiresome, I don't really want it to be replaced by Pokethlon. I can't really see that being interesting for a whole saga and I'd rather see something battle-y.
Now if they could invent some new kind of pokemon battle...

Hmm, never thought about that. Well, if
there is a new quest/activity then I hope that we could see gym battles, contests and the new quest. That way we can get both of the Gen V player characters as travelling partners.

That sounds cool. Not sure whether it would work in practice, but in theory I'm all for it.

Yeah I'd like it so much :3 A Pokeathlete girl would be amazing!! I think that anohter mini-season would be quite improbable, but I'd like that V Gen girl was a Pokeathlete. I'm getting tired of coordinator girls :(! I hope the next girl was whatever thing but coordinator xD. A pokeathlete could be a good option, I want to know more about Pokethlon :3! Producers could replace Brock and putting a cooordintor boy in his place =D

Replacing Brock is like bombing the series with a nuclear weapon. And it has to be a girl to attract the percentage of girl viewers. DUH!!! Btw speaking o Brock, even though this is off topic, WHEN WILL CROAGUNK EVOLVE!! Now that Galactic is arrested, Croagunk evolving vs. Saturn's Toxicroak is unlikely.

Replacing Brock is like bombing the series with a nuclear weapon. And it has to be a girl to attract the percentage of girl viewers. DUH!!! Btw speaking o Brock, even though this is off topic, WHEN WILL CROAGUNK EVOLVE!! Now that Galactic is arrested, Croagunk evolving vs. Saturn's Toxicroak is unlikely.
Lulz I know I know xDU Brock is a really important part of the show, He gives a lot of comedy, but for me at least, He is getting bored :(! I like him but I think that he needs a break, maybe not forever but he could be out of the show for one generation,It's basically for renew the show, The structure "Ash+Brock+Coordinator girl" is getting repetitive :( a coordinator guy could be really interesting too, and He could atract girls' atraction too for example having the same kind of personality as Drew xDU that's the formule:

Typical shojo boy + contests = a lot of Fangirls xDU

And the new girl or Misty could be a pokeathlete :3 or even she could work in another new Pokemon profession, She could be more tomboy and less girly or being the "comedian" like Brock does xD It's just to apport something new to the show, viewers could get tired of the same things too xDU

PS: And yes :(! Croagung needs to evolve NOW! xDU. Poor Brock, he's totally secondary :/ He needs a new Pokemon too :(

Last edited:
I hope they put some thing in contests place.
I'm sick and tired of every generation being the same, newbie girl comes in and we see that girl go threw contests arc.
If we have to see contests, lets see a male do them and have the girl do some thing else please!!!! No I don't think Dawn will stay, as much as I'd love to see her stay. Its been treand so far, Misty leaves, May left I assume Dawn will too. If she doesn't I'd welcome the idea but I don't think shey'll stay as said.

a coordinator guy could be really interesting too, and He could atract girls' atraction too for example having the same kind of personality as Drew xDU that's the formule:

Typical shojo boy + contests = a lot of Fangirls xDU

And the new girl or Misty could be a pokeathlete :3 or even she could work in another new Pokemon profession, She could be more tomboy and less girly or being the "comedian" like Brock does xD It's just to apport something new to the show, viewers could get tired of the same things too xDU

I really like this idea. The characters sound pretty cool already :p

Although it'll never happen, I think it'd be swell if the boy for Gen V was a coordinator and the girl was a Pokeathlete :D And they traveled with Ash

To be honest the Pokeathlon may not even be in the Black/White games.

How do we know they're staying?

This is very interesting good guess, I am sure this is what will happen.

But please, please let's have Pokémon trainers around Ash please, please, please! I would like the next 'proper' female companion who travels' with Ash to be an out & out Pokémon trainer, that would be amazing, they could try and out do each other at the gyms.

Also no Dawn will not stick around as such, she has run her course as an extremely clever and tactical way to make the franchise money, so it's on to the next one.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom