• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Girl poll... because we never get tired of those

Which girls do you like and dislike out of Misty, May and Hikari?

• Total voters

Jo-Jo

Reaction score
I said I'd repost this poll over here... the other version's on SPPF. Sorry for bringing up the dreaded ancient discussion again. Still, ticky boxes are fun, right?

I only really like Hikari. I never really liked May for some reason...and only lately did I start sort of liking Misty. I pretty much only like Misty when Orangeshipping is involved, though. xD

Haruka is my favorite by far, but I don't dislike the other two.

These aren't ticky boxes! You lie.

Anyway... I like Misty and May, but not Hikari. I've always liked the Kanto-Johto crew and I have many fond memories of Misty. As for May, I was very indifferent to her when she started out, but she grew on me quickly. I started liking her quite a bit once her contest arc kicked in. She's my favorite out of the female twerps, and probably my third favorite twerp overall (Max and Tracey are first and second).

Hikari, though... I don't know. She's too confident and too girly and something about how she's written makes me feel like she's being forced onto the viewers, that they're trying very hard to convince us that she's likable. I don't buy it. She annoys me more than anything.

I like all three. :eek:

May might be my favorite, but I've certainly enjoyed both Misty (specifically in the Kanto/Orange and AG era), as well as Hikari.

I like Misty and Hikari. I dont like May at all except for when she's in my AdvanceCloneshipping fics.
I dont like Hikari nearly as much as I like Misty... I like her though because she's pretty, has a cool character design and her Pochama is cute. Sometimes she annoys me though.
Misty though, I really love her. I'm currently watching mid Johto for the very first time and I think all the anti-Johto people are watching another show. Misty's similar to how she was in Kanto, just with less fire. Like I was just watching Sick Daze (nuff said). So I honestly dont get why Johto is so hated. I personally loved it... oh wait, I mean I love Misty and Johto Misty was IMO nearly as good as Kanto Misty and Orange Islands Misty.
*dodges tomatoes*

I like all three, but my preference order probably goes: Hikari, May/Misty. I like May and Misty equally.

Hikari has an amazing personality, even if she is a bit of a snob, but hey, it's nice to see a change in character other then the fiery tomboyish girl and the self-concious, shy May. She has cute pokémon and she just has an overall nice style. Sure she can be annoying, but that's part of her character.

May is nice, but she can easily get on my nerves, usually in Battle Frontier. I like her while I'm watching the episodes, but as I go and look back on them I'm like "wtf was she thinking?" But I still like her a lot because of her contest arc.

Misty is pretty sweet, I love how vivacious she is and just so passionate. Had a big crush on Misty when I was like, eight or nine? hahahaha she's just really sweet.

It's funny that I like May and Misty equally seeing as it looks like it goes Misty, May WAY more then Misty = May, but it's true.

I voted for everyone. I love Misty. I love Hikari. I love May. All three of them are great. Maybe some of them have better qualities and whatnot, but when it comes down to it, I can't hate any of them, even if staleness began to creep into a particular one...

I like all three but Hikari's enthusiasm has placed her above the other two for me.
I'm currently watching mid Johto for the very first time and I think all the anti-Johto people are watching another show. Misty's similar to how she was in Kanto, just with less fire.
Oh, I know. The anger is still a part of her character in Johto, it's just under control more. Quite frankly, looking at some of what 4Kids cut out, Misty was unnervingly violent early on.

I like Misty and May almost equally.

Misty is much more interesting as a recurring character. She bored me in Jotho..but..oh well...Ash and Brock bored me in Jotho as well...

May as very cool and funny in AG. Espacially in the beginning when she as a naive airhead...she lost a lot of her "spirit" when she matured later on. Her battles were a lot better and she was great in important episodes..but in fillers she seemed kinda...empty.
She was still entertaining in the BF saga.

Hikari..well..we haven´t seen that many episodes with her but from what we have..well...I liked her in the first 3 DP episodes...but overall she seems to be rather boring and uninspirered.
There are a few nice moments for her, but she seems very empty most of the time. Her Pokemon rock..but Hikari...mh...It´s not that I don´t like her...the best way to say it...I don´t really care for her.
Although she grow on me after the Pachirisu-episode.

Quite frankly, looking at some of what 4Kids cut out, Misty was unnervingly violent early on.

I missed her violent temper in Jotho/OI...it was truely a Kanto-thing

I like them all. Haruka and Hikari definetly over Kasumi, but that's only because of the Johto season and her fanbase.

Let's see:
Misty wasn't very pretty, but she did have personality. Unfortunately, I want both looks and a good personality.
May was rather dull, and with the exception of Combusken, had lousy Pokemon. I was never very entertained or engaged by her story.
Hikari is sort of a May clone. She has more personality, as a 1 on a 1-10 scale is obviously better than a 0.
You forgot to put one main girl on the poll: Jessie.
Yes, Jessie has been on the show since episode 2, has one of the most complex and well-developed characters, and is really pretty.
So, in conclusion, this poll fails. :(

^ 1) I started this topic because of a debate on SPPF that pertained specifically to Misty, May and Hikari's fanbases. 2) Including Jessie would have created over ten permutations, so I wouldn't have been able to fit them all into the poll.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom