• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Glimwood Tangle Live Stream

Will you watch it?

• Yes, all 24 hours of it

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Yes, but it will probably loop after maybe 10 minutes.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • No, I'll just catch up later.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • No, I'm not intrested.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Maybe, I guess?

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • WHY IS IT CALLED A TRIANGLE WHEN IT'S A FOREST?

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
So I guess there should be a thread for this as to not clog up the leak and news threads.

So as you're no doubt aware by now, there will be a 24 hour stream will be broadcast on twitch on October 4th starting at 6AM PST/9AM EST showing off new Pokemon as well as the first named place, Glimwood Tangle.

Do you have any theories or whatever pertaining to the stream, Glimwood, or what Pokemon will be shown? Will it be animated, using game models, or will it be a mix of live action and CGI?

The official page is here with more info on what to expect?

Personally I think it would be cool if they managed to animate the whole thing. Even if it loops, as long as the new Pokemon show up a la the first trailer with the starters, I think it would be cool.

CURRENT POKEMON [As of 12:52 pm PST]

• Pikachu
  • Morellull
  • Shiinotic
  • Swirlix
  • Phantump
  • Impidimp
  • Galarian Ponyta
  • Possible Galarian Rapidash
  • Cottonee

Last edited:
Well it looks like that forest by the Fairy Gym so this could mean we'll see Opal.
Another note is that this forest is based on Sherwood forest which host Rabbit; Vole; Shrew; Hedgehog; Stoat; Weasel, Fox; Badger; Pipistrelle bat; Noctule bat, Fallow deer.

The name is actually Glimwood Tangle, not triangle.

I doubt it'll be anything worth looking at for more than a few minutes if it's just straight game footage. I'll probably peek in during the day, but in the end, i'll just rely on others to locate all the potentially interesting stuff like new Pokemon or characters.

I kind of want to see the regional bug sometime soon though, so I'm excited and hoping for that.

Last edited:
The name is actually Glimwood Tangle, not triangle.

I doubt it'll be anything worth looking at for more than a few minutes if it's just straight game footage. I'll probably peek in during the day, but in the end, i'll just rely on others to locate all the potentially interesting stuff like new Pokemon or characters.
I believe it was specifically stated to not be in-game footage. That being said, it’s 24 hours long so of course there are going to be long stretches of time where nothing is happening.

I think thats the joke.
If it's a joke, then I'm clearly not getting it. The title and the OP both have triangle, and neither of these instances feel like a joke to me. :confused:
edit: it doesn't anymore

I believe it was specifically stated to not be in-game footage. That being said, it’s 24 hours long so of course there are going to be long stretches of time where nothing is happening.

So it's some kind of 3D looping animation, I'm guessing? I have no idea.

It still sounds cool though. With this and the the Sirfetch'd pixelated thing, I'm really liking how they're trying new ways to reveal content.

Last edited:
Personally I think it would be cool if they managed to animate the whole thing. Even if it loops, as long as the new Pokemon show up a la the first trailer with the starters, I think it would be cool.

Yes, there may be some pattern/rhythm to it!
If something happens every 15 minutes or so, that would add up to close to 100 instances of something happening. That might be more than will happen, but it gives a sense that at least 50 different things will happen, otherwise there isn't a need for it to be a full 24 hours?
Many of the happenings could involve Pokemon and people who have already know!

Then, where this seems currently as though it is happening in place of the news reveal style they have been doing, there would be several unique reveals that would happen within this setting! Information about them could be added to twitter and the main website around the time that they appear.

Hmm I predict Parasect and Tangela and Tangrowth could get galar forms or evos. Tangela with Dorns? Grass/fairy? Grass/rock?
Shining muschrooms? Bug/ghost with Dazzling?
The mushrooms could indicate Shinotic too.

Feel that 2 galar forms and a new pokemon could come. Even maybe we will get a new grass/ghost this gen?

Looks like a spooky magic forest to me. We need more of that.

Mist-Rise_Forest.png
Mushroom_Forest.png

I'm so glad it's on a Friday. I only have one class that day and it starts at 2pm while the livestream starts at 6am. So I'll be able to catch the start of it, go back to sleep (hopefully), and then wake up and check in every once in a while as I wait for class (if I don't have too much homework).

Last edited:
There's for sure going to be a set number of animated events happening in a random ordered loop, so that you can watch it for a while without predicting what happens next, but that you also don't need to watch forever in order so see most things.

They might include a rare animated event that happens once every... Couple hours or something? That'd be cool... Teasing a legendary or something.

Anyway, I'm thrilled about this. What a fun, creative way to promo the games.

A little late to the party here, but it looks to me like it'll be basically one of those hidden cameras the Forest Service regularly sets up to observe wildlife from a distance. But since they say Sonia is doing research there, it sounds like it might also have some dialogue/story to it, kind of like those teaser videos with Professor Willow that revealed Meltan & Melmetal.

I'm not going to watch all 24 hours of it, because obviously I have a life (and I agree that there'll be large sections of time where nothing happens and/or it'll repeat after a certain time), but I'll definitely be checking in on comments about it and am interested to see what we end up learning from it!

I too think it's possible we could see Opal appear (maybe training in the forest or something?), but the biggest thing I'm wondering is...will this be how they reveal the Shield exclusive counterpart to Sirfetch'd? Because if so, it might suggest that the Rotom glitch does in fact have something to do with the Rotom Phone, rather than just being a troll way of revealing a single version-exclusive Pokémon they could've easily slipped into a standard trailer.

A part of me feels like GameFreak wouldn't have done that whole hype up without a reason.

Not really interested aside from being in a forest and check what new vibe they might add.
It's a good move but 24h is simply too much and so I think it'll either be boring or having too much revealed. It could have easily been a total of 8h divided by 1h during eight days to keep people interested.

Not really interested aside from being in a forest and check what new vibe they might add.
It's a good move but 24h is simply too much and so I think it'll either be boring or having too much revealed. It could have easily been a total of 8h divided by 1h during eight days to keep people interested.
Pretty sure the 24 hours is so people who have a life on Fridays have the opportunity to drop in. Might be boring to you, but for people who don't have time to watch all 24 hours, it'll be plenty interesting.

Pretty sure the 24 hours is so people who have a life on Fridays have the opportunity to drop in. Might be boring to you, but for people who don't have time to watch all 24 hours, it'll be plenty interesting.
Exactly. It gives a chance for everyone in the world to tune in at some point and experience this. And, if they avoid social media that will undoubtedly be talking about every Pokémon seen in it, they get to experience that "oh what is that I just saw on the screen???" feeling of seeing a new Pokémon for the first time in the wild.

The more I think about this, the more I believe this is the best marketing idea they've ever had. The games originally were about that "what is this Pokémon I just saw??" feeling, and this Livestream looks to reveal new Pokémon in a way that evokes that exact feeling. I think it'll be brilliant.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom