• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Glimwood Tangle Live Stream

Will you watch it?

• Yes, all 24 hours of it

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Yes, but it will probably loop after maybe 10 minutes.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • No, I'll just catch up later.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • No, I'm not intrested.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Maybe, I guess?

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • WHY IS IT CALLED A TRIANGLE WHEN IT'S A FOREST?

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
Exactly. It gives a chance for everyone in the world to tune in at some point and experience this. And, if they avoid social media that will undoubtedly be talking about every Pokémon seen in it, they get to experience that "oh what is that I just saw on the screen???" feeling of seeing a new Pokémon for the first time in the wild.

The more I think about this, the more I believe this is the best marketing idea they've ever had. The games originally were about that "what is this Pokémon I just saw??" feeling, and this Livestream looks to reveal new Pokémon in a way that evokes that exact feeling. I think it'll be brilliant.
I agree, that's why I'll be going full discovery mode when the livestream starts; I'll be holding a camera

I'll watch for few minutes every 2-3 hours to see if there's anything new

Thank you for this, as I have two work shifts during that stream and it will be easier to scroll through this than other threads.

Pretty sure the 24 hours is so people who have a life on Fridays have the opportunity to drop in. Might be boring to you, but for people who don't have time to watch all 24 hours, it'll be plenty interesting.
And yet it's a shame for not being more compact instead of having to go check what some may have missed.

I think where it is on youtube, it should be possible for people to make a list of timestamp links, both during and after the broadcast!! :) :)

If it was more compact, people would be more likely to miss it entirely anyway, so I don't see your point?
Perhaps not since all information would be tightened, instead of seeing bits and missing other bits.

Perhaps not since all information would be tightened, instead of seeing bits and missing other bits.
....again, a lot of people would miss it entirely on account of not being able to watch the stream for that hour so I don't see your point. A 24 hour stream means that there is plenty of opportunity all day for everyone to pop in and catch something new live rather than having to get details on absolutely everything from another source later.

It's 24 hours because it will probably be looped. We probably don't even need to watch 24 hours. Maybe not even an hour.

I expect some surprises, but nothing major. Some new species, some funny interactions; that's what I'm hoping for. I also think the background will be the one from the youtube-link.

I think there is a good possibility for two loops. One for Nights one for Days. Maybe 15 min each? I also wonder if this 24 hour stream will be a cycle of many game days. because real life time zones aren't going to be considered because it is one stream (unless i am mistaken).

....again, a lot of people would miss it entirely on account of not being able to watch the stream for that hour so I don't see your point. A 24 hour stream means that there is plenty of opportunity all day for everyone to pop in and catch something new live rather than having to get details on absolutely everything from another source later.
Either you have the life to watch a 24h stream or you'll see bits and then have to go search for all the other info and see it when you have the time.

Either you have the life to watch a 24h stream or you'll see bits and then have to go search for all the other info and see it when you have the time.
....yes.

You've been trying to say that it should be more compact, thrown into an hour- people have lives, they're going to miss that hour. With a 24-hour stream, everyone has a chance to watch part of it. Everyone might miss something due to school/work/sleep, but everyone also gets a chance to see something. It's a lot better than just running it for an hour so a ton of people are going to miss it because for whatever reason they're not available at that time.

Other than Youtubers and a handful of very dedicated fans will actually watch/record the whole thing. It’s 24 hours to give most people interested a chance to watch for a bit.

Coincidentally, I’ll be traveling that day and will have time to watch the majority of the stream; but I still probably won’t catch all of it.

And what do you mean by “search”? Between here and Serebii, anyone with even the most casual of interest will be able to glean any information of interest within minutes.

It will possibly loop, anyway. It probably won't be more than 15-30 minutes of unique encounters.

I don't get why you're so on the fench about it. Just chime in for 15 or so minutes coming friday, do some other stuff, and then check the forums/news-sites next day in the case you missed something.

It will show the in-game encounters of the forest, if the stream's description is anything to go by. So there might be day/night differences. I honestly don't expect anything the likes of trainers, cover-legends or starter-evolutions.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom