• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Glimwood Tangle Live Stream

Will you watch it?

• Yes, all 24 hours of it

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Yes, but it will probably loop after maybe 10 minutes.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • No, I'll just catch up later.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • No, I'm not intrested.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Maybe, I guess?

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • WHY IS IT CALLED A TRIANGLE WHEN IT'S A FOREST?

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
The stream starts at 6am for me, but since we don't know how they'll review new things in it I don't think I am going to wake up that early (I usually do for trailers), and just wake up around my usual time and open it up then. Probably just keep it open on a separate tab. Would be a good stream to listen to while I'm writing, especially if it has some forest sounds with it. It's super exciting for sure and I'll probably end up just watching it for a little while too if I need to process some writing thoughts.

I am really interested to see how it will work. How much will be revealed to us? They have been so quiet this pre-release period so I don't think it's going to be too much, but I think we will see some new things.

It will possibly loop, anyway. It probably won't be more than 15-30 minutes of unique encounters.

I don't get why you're so on the fench about it. Just chime in for 15 or so minutes coming friday, do some other stuff, and then check the forums/news-sites next day in the case you missed something.

It will show the in-game encounters of the forest, if the stream's description is anything to go by. So there might be day/night differences. I honestly don't expect anything the likes of trainers, cover-legends or starter-evolutions.

I don't think there will be day/night differences, since the different timezones are a problem, unless they show it off on all the Pokemon Youtube channels.

I don't think there will be day/night differences, since the different timezones are a problem, unless they show it off on all the Pokemon Youtube channels.
How would that be a problem? They could easily start with 12 hours of daytime, no matter the timezone.

Anyway, it's just speculation on my part, seeing as they said it will show an in-game zone (albeit with non-game animations).

Given the appearance of the forest, I highly suspect that it is just going to be perpetually dark anyway.
Some of the darkest locations have had day/night differences in terms of encounters.

:eek: Do you think they may show weather changes?
I don't think they will, honestly. I doubt the scenery will change- it'll probably just be that same background we can see on the stream currently but pokemon will appear in it from time to time. Might as well be a screensaver. XD

I'm all about forests and fungi you guys. Also glowing fungi. It looks like the perfect place for Morelull to live! <3

That said I'll probably just pop back here to see any screenshots or what have you people grab from it because I do not have the attention span to stare at an empty forest shot to wait for when they decided something should run through it.

The idea is interesting, and has a huge potential. But depending on how they will handle it, it can also be horrible. If they want to have some people constantly following the stream, of course it will be better to distribute the news footage within the 24 hours, rather than just repeating a first exhibited footage.

I doubt Sonia will appear in CG, but it would be interesting if there was some voice acting, as there was with Oak and Willow.

It would also be better if the camera didn't stay unmoved for the 24 hours, Sonia should be appearing at times and maybe walking with it a little or something.

If they really want to get people's attention, it would be even more interesting not to straight show all the new Pokémon directly, but to also been teasing them. Just as a example, Eternatus could appear as a shadow between the trees first. And then come closer to the camera hiding itself in a bush or something, looking to the viewers. Like, if we could see its eyes shining or something there, but not its body. Then in the end, it could go away and just appear like a blurry silhouette running to far away. This kind of tease would drive people crazy, and draw more people's attention to the live, as they would be warned by others about "a moving bush," or "a strange silhouette in the background." I mean, this kind of suspense would be so more exciting than the Pokémon just straight popping in and going away. Idk if some legendary will appear, I used Eternatus as an example because it's the only non-revealed new potentially scary Pokémon we know.

And of course, they should reveal a substantial number of them.

Last edited:
....yes.

You've been trying to say that it should be more compact, thrown into an hour- people have lives, they're going to miss that hour. With a 24-hour stream, everyone has a chance to watch part of it. Everyone might miss something due to school/work/sleep, but everyone also gets a chance to see something. It's a lot better than just running it for an hour so a ton of people are going to miss it because for whatever reason they're not available at that time.
Yet, when recappping, you'd only had to watch an hour. It's easier to not see at a due time but then save an hour than watching one hour and having to recap the other 23 hours. Not to mention that you can either catch a good part or a bad part. A one hour presentation would do the deal. A 24 hours run waay too much.

Yet, when recappping, you'd only had to watch an hour. It's easier to not see at a due time but then save an hour than watching one hour and having to recap the other 23 hours. Not to mention that you can either catch a good part or a bad part. A one hour presentation would do the deal. A 24 hours run waay too much.
Hi I go to work and would like to be able to catch something new live for a change. I have to catch a recap of every other goddamn stream so a 24 hour stream is perfect, thank you.

Just hope your students don't get anywhere near the screen.
Thank God we've been given IPads because of 'innovation in education'.

Although I probably won't give in to my urges and just watch when that last lesson's finished.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom