• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Glimwood Tangle Live Stream

Will you watch it?

• Yes, all 24 hours of it

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Yes, but it will probably loop after maybe 10 minutes.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • No, I'll just catch up later.

Votes: 28 34.1%
  • No, I'm not intrested.

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Maybe, I guess?

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • WHY IS IT CALLED A TRIANGLE WHEN IT'S A FOREST?

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
This is cool

...okay well firing someone for having a good idea but not executing it very well is stupid. It was a good idea. You admitted that it was a good idea.

LIke I said, I do not need to justify my opinion to you.

I would not be so negative towards the live stream idea if we had gotten at least 2 new Pokemon (I mean new, not a Pokemon that is being "recycled" and given a new form - that is not a new Pokemon).

LIke I said, I do not need to justify my opinion to you.

I would not be so negative towards the live stream idea if we had gotten at least 2 new Pokemon (I mean new, not a Pokemon that is being "recycled" and given a new form - that is not a new Pokemon).
Alright, but your opinion regarding firing the person for having a good idea but not perfect execution is unreasonable. But hey, I guess the day that you have a good idea but don't perform it perfectly, you won't have any problem if your boss fires you.

Not only that, but the music felt a little piercing (for a lack of better words) in my opinion with the chimes/bells/whatever in the background so it wasn't the best to relax to.
I totally agree with your post except this part. I actually found the music really relaxing. In fact I fell asleep watching the stream because of the music lol

Since the stream ended a while ago, I'd like to post my thoughts on it.

In my opinion, the stream was a great idea that was executed poorly (though not so poorly that someone should get fired). We got a 24 hour live-stream for a reveal of most likely one new Pokemon, which is already known due to the demo, and two Galar forms. I feel there wasn't enough action, you could wait ten to fifteen to twenty minutes for only a bush to shake or a Phantump to cry out, so it was kinda sucky for people who could only watch the stream for a short amount of time. And anything interesting happened so fast you could easily miss it. When the Ponyta came out at the end, my phone screen shut off right as they galloped into the clearing. I get that it's realistic, but you gotta remember the audience, we're not biologists here. Give us a little more than shaky bushes. There was a limited amount of Pokemon shown too, mainly Morelull, which made it a little boring when something did happen. I wouldn't have minded so much if we heard a lot more Pokemon, even if we didn't see them, such as Ferroseed or Shelmet. Imagine how cool it'd be to hear some new Pokemon make some noise. We only had one camera angle, and the scenery wasn't even animated beyond a few specks floating across the screen so it wasn't that interesting to look at. Not only that, but the music felt a little piercing (for a lack of better words) in my opinion with the chimes/bells/whatever in the background so it wasn't the best to relax to.

While the stream was boring most of the time, anytime something interesting happened, especially pertaining to the Ponyta, it was really fun to watch the forum blow up with activity as well as discuss the glimpses of new 'mons we saw. I hope GameFreak learns from this and does it again because it was kinda fun despite the poor execution.

You know, the sad part of all this was, real nature cams actually have moving cameras now.

And there is at least always something going on. Be it bears fishing or water birds or whatever the focus is. Static cams would only work if it was a nest cam focusing on one pokemon or a trail cam that was motion triggered like the night time deer videos. Most things wrong with the stream would have been avoided if they'd just watch modern nature cams.

Having a moving camera would have been extra stuff to animate and model. But there was a Rotom in the camera. There was no need to keep it static after revealing that it was sentient. Like it could have even zoomed in whenever a Pokemon in the background floated by or whatever. At least make things more dynamic. And if like they were going for more of a motion capture night time trail cam then they really shouldn't have made it 24 hours. Maybe 5 hours or less. All and all it was just way too long for what it was.

Also, I thought it was very relaxing. I still hope the droning twinkling chimes and rain is the actual background music for the area in the game. The only startling things I can think of was the loud cries and the bush rustling.

Last edited:
what about those tall undentified pokemon , I think they showed us more then we think.
I think that Mushroom in bushesh is Parasect and they showed us a tall running head we didn't noticed first.

The head was a Ponyta with a blur/interlace effect over it. The tail was also a Ponyta.

Though I wouldn't doubt they would come up with a reason why the bushes rustled and the mushrooms glowed. Like maybe the squirrel was in the bush or the mushrooms were glowing because they interfere with the Morellull and Shiinotic due to some connection.

I did realize later on that even if this stream was a bust, it was still a good news week thanks to all the game informer info. I guess it balances out that way, but it’s another lesson learned not to overhype this stuff.

I did realize later on that even if this stream was a bust, it was still a good news week thanks to all the game informer info. I guess it balances out that way, but it’s another lesson learned not to overhype this stuff.

TBF the Game Informer news came with the 18 gym misunderstanding, which was a bit of a buzzkill.

I have an odd relationship with the sound of bells. Low pitch bells? Triggers anxiety something fierce. Higher pitch bells make my spine shudder, but can be good or bad.

Though looking up the stream on youtube to find the ambiance sounds... yeah. Yeah that's a little soft anxiety there. Mostly because I've read fairy lore and things for years so if I were in a forest and heard something akin to that frequently I'd be like "welp it's been a good run the fair folk have come for me."

if im going to be honest though that forest background is some top tier screensaver material

like not even joking it is genuinely mesmerizing to look at

Last edited:
Did anyone catch this?
Anyone else wonder what they were looking up at? I feel like it most certainly could've been Galarian Rapidash flying up above. My apologies if this has been already discussed here.

I have an odd relationship with the sound of bells. Low pitch bells? Triggers anxiety something fierce. Higher pitch bells make my spine shudder, but can be good or bad.

Though looking up the stream on youtube to find the ambiance sounds... yeah. Yeah that's a little soft anxiety there. Mostly because I've read fairy lore and things for years so if I were in a forest and heard something akin to that frequently I'd be like "welp it's been a good run the fair folk have come for me."

Honestly, I think the chime is being made by the mushrooms to hypnotize prey towards them for nutrients when they pass away. It's kind of suspicious that this forest has both Phantumps and Shiinotics (the latter confuses people with its lights and uses spores put prey to sleep and siphon energy from them). I wouldn't be surprised if people often go missing in this forest.

Personally the chime really annoys me, but enough people enjoy it for the mushrooms to have options for food.

Edit: I just remembered that in stories about supernatural creatures and cryptids, one of the details often given is that the forest is absent of any ambiance noise such as the cries of birds and the chatter of insects.

That might explain the lack of the usual forest ambiance in the livestream. Either that, or I'm just overthinking things.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom