• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Glitches and Bugs

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
Thought it would be useful to have a thread for reporting glitches and bugs.

Just encountered one where after accepting the request "A Nosepass to Guide the Way," the game effectively freezes when the banner comes up. It won't go away, I can't move, and all I can do is move the camera.

I've been unable to complete the request for that "red will-o-the-whisp" probably due a bug causing the required scene not triggering. I've gone through the area mentioned a gazillion times at night, approaching trees and other stuff and nothing happens.

I've also seen Pokemon get three consecutive attacks on occasion in battles. I don't think this is supposed to happen? I thought only two consecutive attacks was a thing.

I've encountered two real glitches so far:

- A few days ago I was trying to catch some Pokémon and I threw an Ultra Ball, but instead of the Ultra Ball I threw a Chesto Berry instead and no Ultra Ball was thrown. This also happened when I tried to catch an Abra while hiding and the Chesto Berry alerted Abra, causing it to flee by teleporting.

- While checking out a Machop outbreak in Alabaster Icelands, I found one Machop clipped inside a berry tree. Like, its model was half stuck in the trunk of the tree and it tried to run towards me but wasn't able to move forward.

I've mentioned this before, but at one point wild Pokémon just stopped spawning anywhere until I reset the game. It happened right when I was throwing a ball at a Pokémon when a space distortion formed mid-flight, but I can't say that actually caused it and maybe not just a hiccup with the distortion forming.

I've been unable to complete the request for that "red will-o-the-whisp" probably due a bug causing the required scene not triggering. I've gone through the area mentioned a gazillion times at night, approaching trees and other stuff and nothing happens.
I can't guarantee this will help but when I did the quest I had to interact with a specific tree (I think the quest pointed was accurate to it's location) and could only get the "interact" popup to appear from a fairly specific position.

I can't guarantee this will help but when I did the quest I had to interact with a specific tree (I think the quest pointed was accurate to it's location) and could only get the "interact" popup to appear from a fairly specific position.
I see. I didn't actually try interacting with trees, I could do that.

Going up the Snowpoint Temple for the first time, the Alpha Gallade was clipped into the wall. I caught it due to it being stuck and now on subsequent visits he seems okay.

I can see through the floor in the temple too. Can't catch them due to the collision, but I can apparently sense them since I can target them and see their info through the floor.

Other than that, I've had the very funny pokemon just noping out of existence glitches like their planet needed them or something.

I've been unable to complete the request for that "red will-o-the-whisp" probably due a bug causing the required scene not triggering. I've gone through the area mentioned a gazillion times at night, approaching trees and other stuff and nothing happens
I had no trouble with that quest other than finding the correct tree. The encounter is not triggered with a cutscene upon entering the area as with the shiny Ponyta. You must interact with the exact tree/location of the "wisp" (which Googling an image didn't help me much with, it's quite difficult) and the "interact" command only appears at a specific angle. That's how it worked for me at least.

I've also seen Pokemon get three consecutive attacks on occasion in battles. I don't think this is supposed to happen? I thought only two consecutive attacks was a thing.
I had that happen with an Alpha Crobat but nothing else. Although absurd regardless I thought it might be because Crobat is quite fast if I'm correct.

As for my own bugs, ironically right after I managed to catch the Alpha Crobat up until I left that cave, my character sprite had this sort of Photoshop cut outline.

Last edited:
I had no trouble with that quest other than finding the correct tree. The encounter is not triggered with a cutscene upon entering the area as with the shiny Ponyta. You must interact with the exact tree/location of the "wisp" (which Googling an image didn't help me much with, it's quite difficult) and the "interact" command only appears at a specific angle. That's how it worked for me at least.

I had that happen with an Alpha Crobat but nothing else. Although absurd regardless I thought it might be because Crobat is quite fast if I'm correct.

As for my own bugs, ironically right after I managed to catch the Alpha Crobat up until I left that cave, my character sprite had this sort of Photoshop cut outline.
Oh, I see. I wasn't trying to manually initiate any interactions with stuff. That's why I couldn't figure it out.

As for the second thing, I had it happen with an alpha Blissey... I don't think they're supposed to be fast.

As for the second thing, I had it happen with an alpha Blissey... I don't think they're supposed to be fast.
Oh, no, I don't believe Blissey is supposed to be fast either. Perhaps it is a bug then.

I also thought it was kinda BS that while I was attempting to capture my Alpha Hippowdon, it would repeatedly outspeed my entire team and get 2 consecutive turns despite being a freaking giant hippo and that it didn't use Agile style. Same with my Alpha Torterra. Granted I was under-leveled both times, both should be freaking slow Pokemon regardless because they're giant ground-types. Right?

Is there supposed to be a range limit to throwing empty Poke Balls or something? Because whenever I try catching Pokemon on the land while riding on Basulegion, it simply disappears. Also, sometimes the eye symbol doesn't go away when it should when a Pokemon stopped trying to attack you.

I got softlocked toward the end of the main story when Cyllene is leading you out of the village. I strayed too far and she stopped moving. I couldn’t walk too far without her telling me to go this way, and I could also walk through her lmao. Resetting the game made it all okay but I had to go through that whole dialogue dump right before again

Also, sometimes the eye symbol doesn't go away when it should when a Pokemon stopped trying to attack you.
I noticed that happens the most if a flying or ghost pokemon spots you.

You can run to the other side of a hill as fast as you can. But somehow that Haunter you passed a mile back has x-ray vision.

I got softlocked toward the end of the main story when Cyllene is leading you out of the village. I strayed too far and she stopped moving. I couldn’t walk too far without her telling me to go this way, and I could also walk through her lmao. Resetting the game made it all okay but I had to go through that whole dialogue dump right before again
I haven't gotten there quite yet as I'm doing some side stuff before reporting in after quelling Avalugg but this is good to know. I will definitely be sure to be careful of that.

I'm attempting to follow an Ursaluna signal in Alabaster Icelands that goes on and off in several directions. No matter what direction I follow it in, or how slowly and linear or how much Ursaluna speeds up, it'll disappear. I can't seem to ever land on a dig prompt. Unless this is a hyper-precise signal I'm starting to feel like this is a bug.

The worst part is that I checked a guide I am using and sure enough this spot should have the one thing I don't want to ignore, an old verse (12 to be exact).

w7XalDk.jpg

eRnQDKC.jpg

Last edited:
I'm attempting to follow an Ursaluna signal in Alabaster Icelands that goes in several directions but doesn't seem to lead to anything. No matter what direction I follow it in, or how slowly and linear, I lose it abruptly. Unless this is a hyper-precise signal I'm starting to feel like this is a bugged signal that shouldn't exist.

w7XalDk.jpg

eRnQDKC.jpg

EDIT: Damn, the guide I am using shows Old Verse 12 being in this location. I was afraid of that. That's what I'm doing with Ursaluna in the first place, looking for old verses. So there is something here but the problem remains that the signals go on and off in different directions and I'm not getting a dig prompt. So still thinking this is glitched.
It's not a glitch, it's just a very precise signal. I had trouble with it too, but if I remember right, I think in the verse's spot was forward like a couple steps and to the right of the pine tree a little.

It's also good to not have Ursaluna go into a full sprint since it's easy to run past the dig prompt.

It's not a glitch, it's just a very precise signal. I had trouble with it too, but if I remember right, I think in the verse's spot was forward like a couple steps and to the right of the pine tree a little.

It's also good to not have Ursaluna go into a full sprint since it's easy to run past the dig prompt.
OK well, I'm now concentrating around that trees where the signal is strongest and still not finding it. Which tree exactly?

EDIT: Got it! The stupid thing was underground. You have to fall into the ice caves a little to the right of where I was running around in circles. Geez. Misleading much.
side note: Wow I am glad I didn't give up on this verse. I won't spoil but it's kind of mind-blowing.

Last edited:
I had several Zoroark in a mass outbreak spawn inside a rock. At first I was able to battle two of them despite being in the rock. When I did I could catch them. Another spawned inside the rock later and I couldn't fo anything to touch him or get him out of the rock. I also found an invisible wall to walk on in the ancient quarry.

I've been doing the reset method for outbreaks on a Riolu outbreak and literally every time I go there (bottom of the Icebound Falls), there are always 2 or 3 every time whose models just lie flat in the snow lmao... or sometimes it's just their heads poking out.

I've seen this in some other areas with uneven terrain though as well, hopefully these things get patched in a future update.

I don't know if this is a bug or not but earlier today I caught an Alpha Avalugg that is the exact same size as the non-Alpha I had previously evolved from a Bergmite.
I know from watching someone on Youtube clear that horrific Buizel quest without an Alpha that while exceedingly rare, is it possible for non-Alphas to be as large as them but both are 4'7" which I feel is quite small for an Avalugg and in battle appeared as such, rather mouse-like compared to the lord.
If I am correct, this is the first Alpha I have ever encountered that wasn't larger than average so it seems strange to me.

Revisiting the discussion of Pokemon getting multiple consecutive turns without the use of styles, I experienced that again while shiny hunting in a Scyther outbreak. Most of the time, the Scyther got double turns despite that I only ever used Strong Style Flamethrower from my Typhlosion when it rained to be able to one-shot which fortunately didn't happen a lot and none of them ever used a style at all.
I'm still unsure if the double turns are a bug or if base speed can allow it but one of them no joke got FOUR turns in a row and THAT can't be normal.
(Side note: Yup, I did score a shiny and have a gorgeous Shiny Kleavor now).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom