• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Glitches and Hacks Discussion Thread

Re: My LG Cartridge Messed Up

True, Xyman. All GBA games have a tiny battery that dies like regular batteries. Replacing them is a pain, but it's possible. There's tons of guides just google it.

Here's the pics. Cartridge has Official Nintendo Seal in lower right front corner with the letters AGB-BPGE-USA underneath. On the back it's labeled as Model No. AGB-002.

<Edit> Checked Youtube for how to spot a fake game and everything on mine looks legit, no obvious battery, right type of plastic and model number, foil label with numbers imprinted, etc. So do I have to change the battery? Is that possible without soldering?

Attachments

• P03-08-12_05.59.jpg
    P03-08-12_05.59.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 176
  • P03-08-12_06.00.jpg
    P03-08-12_06.00.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Good news is that your game looks genuine. With fake carts, saves were SRAM based as opposed to FLASH. And SRAM required battery to be present for people actually being able to save their games (Gen 2 GBC games used SRAM as well). So if that battery dies, it can lead to game being unable to read save data and hanging during that routine (users would see white screen).

Sort of bad news is that with genuine cartridges, when battery runs dry, while it does affect some parts of circuitry (mainly quartz relay that manages in-game clock), it should never affect whether the game would load or not. Meaning changing that battery is most likely won't help.

Provided the flash chip is fucked up, you can try formatting it with Rudolph's GBA Backup Tool (google by "GBA Backup Tool v.0.21"), however, you'll need older generation card like DSTT for it to work properly. Or, if you're in US, you can always mail Nintendo your game cart and they'll fix it for you (my friend's brother had his Pokemon Red game replaced in 2009, they have a sort of lifetime warranty for their games as long as you pay shipping costs).

My favorite was a Missingno glitch in yellow too. Nothing BAD happened, but I had no idea of what was going on. I was a wee lad and didn't even KNOW about Missingno. I still can't believe I triggered when I didn't even know about it. I was all like:What the hells is going on heres

I encountered several glitches on Platinum when I had a working action replay.Invisible shiny Bulbasaur, DP box, and when I caught Aaron's Drapion, it said "Wild BAD EGG was caught!"

On B/W I've encountered one possible glitch. On the 3rd floor of Celestial Tower, every time I pressed B, the trainers would move. WITCHCRAFT.

On B/W I've encountered one possible glitch. On the 3rd floor of Celestial Tower, every time I pressed B, the trainers would move. WITCHCRAFT.

OMG I just tried this on my Black cartridge, and I can do the same thing! What dark sorcery is this? :eek:

They do that in the lower floor of Wellspring Cave, too. I'm pretty sure it's deliberate, to keep players from just running past them. (Of course, once you've figured that trick out it's easy enough to dodge them :p)

I have noticed something interesting on the Driftveil Drawbridge. I don't think its glitch, more of a curiosity: When you stand on the drawbridge for quite a while, you occasionally heard interesting noises. I have done some searching online and can confirm that one of these sounds is the cry of Charizard (bulbapedia state this and it makes kind of sense, it being nicknamed the Charizard Bridge). However, I can find no information online about the other two sounds. One definitely sounds like a plane flying overhead, and the other sounds like a helicopter flying over. I'm wondering if others have heard these sounds and wondering if they are what I think they are.

I can confirm the plane sound. Also this sound travels from right towards left ( i used headphones). I'll test this for other bridges.

Edit:Confirmed both helicopter and Charizard sound. Helicopter one travels from left to right. Charizard was quite soft-sounding,difficult to notice.

I don't know if it's some sort of glitch, but everytime I try to turn on the C-Gear for netplay (even though it won't work at all since I can't play online with DS games), the game freezes. However if I turn on the C-Gear when the game asks you to do so each time you load your save, the game plays as normal. Did anyone have that sort of thing before ?

So I traded for a Sharpedo on the GTS, it's level 71, flawless, Timid and has the moves from the Elite 4 Dark type guy. It also says apparently met in the Pokemon League, or something along those lines.

I'm highly suspicious, could someone confirm for me that this is likely a hack or cheat of some sort.

So I traded for a Sharpedo on the GTS, it's level 71, flawless, Timid and has the moves from the Elite 4 Dark type guy. It also says apparently met in the Pokemon League, or something along those lines.

I'm highly suspicious, could someone confirm for me that this is likely a hack or cheat of some sort.

No doubt that is a hacked Pokemon. I think there's some AR code that enables you to catch other trainers' Pokemon.

I've been playing with the Mew Glitch to find Pokemon besides Mew, and I found out that fighting the gambler guy who complains about how he's never won before makes a Missingno. appear. :3 Which... I'm pretty sure people either already knew or they just use Ditto's to get it to show up, but that's not the point. The thing is, I was trying to get a battle to start with Missingno. without crashing my game. Usually when you start battles using the Mew Glitch your start menu pops up, you close it, and then the battle starts. But one of the times I was hunting Missingno. I got a text screen instead. This is going to sound stupid, but it just said something like "why? why?? ", like my game was trying to tell me something. Like: "why do you keep crashing me you moron?! Missingno. doesn't like you!"

Well I thought it was pretty interesting.

So does anyone know why that happened? I didn't see anything on Bulbapedia, but I might've missed it. X3

Yeah, that's because... It's a long story. If you look back a couple pages you can find the link I posted to my glitch experiments. There you can see an explaination to why that occured.
I haven't recorded all the possible variations of that route yet but as soon as I do I'll add them to the list and you can see what you might have done to cause that to happen.

A couple years back when I had an action replay I was using it to walk around in places I shouldn't and accidentally stepped on one of the Spinning tiles in the Forge. (Pokemon Diamond) I kept spinning until I was off the map and had to reset my game! :eek:

Hey, i have a question about the Gen III Berry Glitch.

Can you still send your game to Nintendo to get it fixed? I tried to do the "patching" thing between my FireRed and Sapphire game, but my Sapphire game "Failed to update", as it said on my screen.

Last edited:
Hey, i have a question about the Gen III Berry Glitch.

Can you still send your game to Nintendo to get it fixed? I tried to do the "patching" thing between my FireRed and Sapphire game, but my Sapphire game "Failed to update", as it said on my screen.

Link it to colosseum or use the bonus disc.

Simple question, got a 3DS playing Gen V, if I wanted a compatable Action Replay, would AR DS or DSi be sufficient or would it have to be a 3DS version?

I dont know if is a glitch or just a hack pokemon but when I was in the GTS in my SS and I ask for a Chikorita, some days after I receive a Chikorita but this Chikorita has no ability.

Back
Top Bottom