• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Glitches and/or Glitch Pokemon

Oblivion

Yes hello I still exist.
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of glitches and glitch Pokemon myself, whether they be new or old. But what I'd like to know is if the trend continues in Generation V, any speculations about the subject, or all of the people who have the Japanese version of the game have discovered any noteworthy glitches or glitch Pokemon as of yet, as well as some screenshots/videos if possible. I know that the chances aren't likely, but hey, you never know.

Heh, I'd love to see a glitch Pokemon that's a splice of two different Pokemon; even though I know it's not happening.

I'd prefer if no glitches were discovered yet so they don't get removed before the international release of the games >:

Though one I've heard that no one seems to mention is Shikijika not changing forms (an issue that's been raised by other users) between seasons despite the fact that we're told they're supposed to.

I'd prefer if no glitches were discovered yet so they don't get removed before the international release of the games >:

Though one I've heard that no one seems to mention is Shikijika not changing forms (an issue that's been raised by other users) between seasons despite the fact that we're told they're supposed to.

That's not a glitch, you just have to have it out during the switch

If it was in the PC beforehand and you take it out during a different season {Before it changes} Then it stays the same
BUt keep it outside when the season changes and it'll go. Not so much a glitch as a uh...Dunno what to call it.

That's not a glitch, you just have to have it out during the switch

If it was in the PC beforehand and you take it out during a different season {Before it changes} Then it stays the same
BUt keep it outside when the season changes and it'll go. Not so much a glitch as a uh...Dunno what to call it.
I'd still consider that a glitch. So it does change, but only when the seasons change. That makes no sense at all.

I'd still consider that a glitch. So it does change, but only when the seasons change. That makes no sense at all.

How so? I think it makes sense.

And because of that, I doubt it'll be "Fixed".

How so? I think it makes sense.

And because of that, I doubt it'll be "Fixed".
If the thing is supposedly adaptive, then it would make sense that, once taken out of the suspended animation that is the PC, a spring-coat Shikijika would sense that it is in fact, winter, and would turn to its winter coat. It's not like Burmy who's forms actually depend on it gathering stuff from its surroundings to change its coat.

Outrage said:
If the thing is supposedly adaptive, then it would make sense that, once taken out of the suspended animation that is the PC, a spring-coat Shikijika would sense that it is in fact, winter, and would turn to its winter coat. It's not like Burmy who's forms actually depend on it gathering stuff from its surroundings to change its coat.

Of course I found the "glitch" to be a better solution, as it lets you have a trained Mebukijika of every season at the same time, for different teams.

Now that we're talking about glitches, the lack of recoil caused by Life Orb when a Brute Force Pokémon uses an attack with a secondary effect (a BF Nidoking using Ice Beam, for example) is apparently one, so it could be removed for the international release of BW and/or future games.

2 main glitches:

1. Slowdown. In the city with the 2 stadiums (and in other parts of the game), mashing the Y button with bike quickly
can produce lots of slowdown due to loading.

2. Someone has already discovered the gen V placeholder "glitch" pokemon. As the gen goes on, expect to find more glitch pokemon, even gen IV had them. Oh, and there's also a wild egg.

Also, if someone knows japanese, can someone translate the error at the end of the second video?

Wow, the egg even has a back sprite.

I think it's placeholder data, like the ??? type arceus sprite.

EDIT: New discovery, apparently the error the video uploader got while running from the glitch egg didn't appear when I recreated it on my DS with a real white cartridge and an ARDSi. Weird. Catching the egg gave me the error of death though when it went to the PokeDex Entry:

dsc00014km.jpg
Can someone who knows japanese please translate it? Thanks.
I don't know the code for making the ? glitch appear though.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom