• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Glitches Thread

rubinek

KYUREM FORMS ERRYWHERE
Reaction score
So far glitches seem to be the biggest downfall of BW2. I mean, some of them are so obvious it makes you wonder what the hell has beta testing team been doing all day...

Here are the glitches I know:

• rabid Pokemon Breeders - I'm pretty sure everyone encountered this at some point or another. Every single Pokemon Breeder will want to re-battle you till eternity - simply exit and reenter the route, and they will want to battle you again. Their teams will remain unchanged.
  • Zoroark glitch - here
  • Giant Chasm glitch - as soon as Plasma Ship leaves this place, go to the north-west corner of the Giant Chasm. There will be a long patch of trees - you can actually walk straight through them. The glitched spot which you can walk through is in the middle of this patch.
  • minor music glitch - in Wellspring Cave, you can jump off your surfing Pokemon straight into a trainer battle with a Black Belt. When you finish the battle, the surfing music will still be playing, as if you've never stopped surfing in the first place.

Did you encounter any of those glitches or maybe found some other one yourself??

I think someone mentioned the surfing-tree glitch had made it's return.

With the Giant Chasm glitch, does the long patch of trees go anywhere? Or is there just a dead end?

EDIT: Here's the surfing tree glitch:

k4418.png

Last edited:
Aww lame. It sounded like a pathway that would lead to some off-map location. Like that one exploit that lets you go to Flower Paradise in DPPT without Oak's Letter. Oh well.

I wonder if that same glitch is in B/W.

I could understand if the tree was next to a surf-able area, but it looks like this isn't the case. I wonder if they put this glitch in for the lulz.

It seems the Giant Chasm glitch is exclusive to B2/W2, since it looks like they changed the layout of the area outside of Kyurem's cave.

Overall, these games have much bigger problems than glitches. Glitches are pretty much par for the course for Pokemon games, or any game, really. However, the fact that one of the glitches (not following Zoroark) can break story progression can't be overlooked.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the Pokémon Breeder thing is a glitch or it. If it wasn't intentional, then they should keep it as it makes training easier xD.

I'm not sure if the Pokémon Breeder thing is a glitch or it. If it wasn't intentional, then they should keep it as it makes training easier xD.

Wouldn't Pokemon Leauge and Stadiums be better for grinding?

The breeder thing just really gets on my nerves when I farm for Hidden Hollow females. I always accidentally bump on the one that stands on the route west of Driftveil City. x.X

If I'm looking at this right, apparently Cheren can get himself stuck in a fence on one of the earlier routes.

Now that is pretty funny. I wonder how that glitch is triggered.

Is it just me, or does B2/W2 seem to have more glitches than usual?

B2W2 is heading us back to the glitchy days of RBY

prepare yourselves my friends, for Missingno is mad about being "forgotten"

and he's comgin back accoriding to this new glitch-evidence...
his anger is already af-f-f-f--eccsting my t------yp----ng-----he-p

Actually, Bulbapedia's list of glitches in gen 4 is at the moment still longer than the one for gen 5. This could just be because the former games have been out for longer so there's been more time to discover things, but the difference is big enough that gen 5 probably won't surpass its predecessors in glitchiness any time soon.

For me, it's not about the amount of glitches (it isn't as if DP didn't have a load of them), it's about how gamebreaking they are. Things like Cheren getting stuck in a fence or walking through a tree or two aren't really a big deal. The Zoroark glitch, on the other hand...

Big glitches like that Zoroark one will eventually get patched. The Surf Glitch, and even the Time-Freezing glitch of RSE got patched up eventually. Patience is such a hard thing to have, apparently...

That said, I'm looking forward to looking for glitches on my own. I hope to even discover a new one too.

Does anyone know more about that Cheren glitch? Is it before or after you encounter him? Because if it's before, then it could be another game-breaker.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom