• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

NEWS: Global Link closing down. Download Fennel's Munna now!

Reaction score

As that message says, Global Link isn't used in Gen 8 so it's closing in February. They're giving everyone Fennel's Munna for the Gen 7 games.

I <3 Kabu and Raihan
Reaction score
Shit man they go an' making me all nostalgic

I mean I hated Fennel's constant tutorials but I would love to have had the Dream World all this time :C

Happiness is a Beautifly
Reaction score
I'm kinda confused as to what this entails. Soooo...my understanding is there will be no more Battle Spot-related stuff (Rating Battles, Online Competitions), Global Missions, QR Rental Teams, and GTS trade history. Is there anything else? (Sorry if this is a noob question) And what about the Plaza facilities? Will I be stuck with the same shops forever?

The QR Rental Teams are the only thing I'm upset about atm. I better hurry up and use a rental team to get the Battle Tree stamps I'm missing.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I'm kinda confused as to what this entails. Soooo...my understanding is there will be no more Battle Spot-related stuff (Rating Battles, Online Competitions), Global Missions, QR Rental Teams, and GTS trade history. Is there anything else? (Sorry if this is a noob question) And what about the Plaza facilities? Will I be stuck with the same shops forever?

The QR Rental Teams are the only thing I'm upset about atm. I better hurry up and use a rental team to get the Battle Tree stamps I'm missing.
Only the functions that required use of the Global Link will shut down. As Festival Plaza shop acquisition is not tied to the Global Link you can still get new shops.

ᴡᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇʀ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ
Reaction score
man this feels weird to me @[email protected] really the beginning of a new era on a new console, and nothing says that more than this shutting down...