• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global Link closing down. Download Fennel's Munna now!

Digifiend

Reaction score
unknown.png

As that message says, Global Link isn't used in Gen 8 so it's closing in February. They're giving everyone Fennel's Munna for the Gen 7 games.

Shit man they go an' making me all nostalgic

I mean I hated Fennel's constant tutorials but I would love to have had the Dream World all this time :C

I'm kinda confused as to what this entails. Soooo...my understanding is there will be no more Battle Spot-related stuff (Rating Battles, Online Competitions), Global Missions, QR Rental Teams, and GTS trade history. Is there anything else? (Sorry if this is a noob question) And what about the Plaza facilities? Will I be stuck with the same shops forever?

The QR Rental Teams are the only thing I'm upset about atm. I better hurry up and use a rental team to get the Battle Tree stamps I'm missing.

I'm kinda confused as to what this entails. Soooo...my understanding is there will be no more Battle Spot-related stuff (Rating Battles, Online Competitions), Global Missions, QR Rental Teams, and GTS trade history. Is there anything else? (Sorry if this is a noob question) And what about the Plaza facilities? Will I be stuck with the same shops forever?

The QR Rental Teams are the only thing I'm upset about atm. I better hurry up and use a rental team to get the Battle Tree stamps I'm missing.
Only the functions that required use of the Global Link will shut down. As Festival Plaza shop acquisition is not tied to the Global Link you can still get new shops.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom