• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global Link to launch April 13, according to official website: Speculated date is now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Global Link to launch April 13, according to official website: Speculated date is now ...

After a week of uncertainty surrounding the Pokémon Global Link's international launch, during which an announcement was briefly posted and then subsequently removed from the official Pokémon website, it seems that the launch date has finally been set for April 13.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Global Link to launch April 13, according to official website: Speculated date is

Finally, it's confirmed. Now let's hope they don't delay it tommorow.

Re: Global Link to launch April 13, according to official website: Speculated date is

Thank goodness-I can imagine it will be hard to connect that day with everyone in the world trying at once, but at least it will be up.

Best news ever, Its just two days from now.

Oh god, I screamed so much irl when I saw this! People thought I was dying! Well, so the other announcement was right after all! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.
/crazy mode off
I wonder why they took off the article the other day, then?

It might be that the announcement was supposed to be a global one, and the US site jumped the gun. In any case, the official site itself has just updated with a news post about it, which you can see here.

I'm gonna put money on the servers crashing on Wednesday.

Except, you know, the reason that they delayed it was because they needed to build lots of servers?

Anyway, I can't wait. I bet they won't crash, actually, considering a lot of kids just hack instead. That, and some don't know how to connect.

Sweet! 8D I'm so excited, I can't wait to access the Dream World!

i put twenty monkeys one thunder striking the servers rendering them unavailable for about a month.

Except, you know, the reason that they delayed it was because they needed to build lots of servers?

Anyway, I can't wait. I bet they won't crash, actually, considering a lot of kids just hack instead. That, and some don't know how to connect.
Sure, they were delayed from launch for that reason, but the recent delay was due to the earthquake.

I'd be very surprised if the server can keep up with everyone in Europe, America and Japan logging on.

EV-reducing berries and Dream World abilities? YES, PLEASE.

Does anyone know exactly how the dream world works? More specifically, how do I get an Elgyem with it's dream world ability when it comes out?

Finally. Ive been waiting for it. Id really like to start Masuda breeding DW pokemon. Im happy and understand why they had to delay it. This also means I have to spend all day to try to get that Eeveelution through the game. I dont want to miss out on that.

Does anyone know exactly how the dream world works? More specifically, how do I get an Elgyem with it's dream world ability when it comes out?

Read this Dream World article on Bulbapedia, I think it says that you must befriend Pokemon on Dream Island to be able to send them to your handheld game. I don't think that Elgyems will be in the DW, though, because the article says that the DW will be home mostly to Pokemon not native to the Unova region.

I'd be very surprised if the server can keep up with everyone in Europe, America and Japan logging on.

Don't forget the rest of North America, South America, Oceania, the rest of Asia, and Africa.
(I don't know about Africa, but everyone in South Africa with B/W would try to log in.)

Last edited:

I love me some lag!

But in any case, that's great news.

Don't forget the rest of North America, South America, Oceania, the rest of Asia, and Africa.
(I don't know about Africa, but everyone in South Africa with B/W would try to log in.)

This. I'm a Brazilian playing pokémon, I'm not the only one, and I know more South Americans players than North Americans, though because everyone only speaks english everywhere this may not be obvious. I also have seen quite a few africans on the GTS, though those might be some random kiddos messing with their locations.

However, I think that if they delayed it THAT much (before the earthquake, one month is a lot of time ok), they should have solved whatever gigalithous problem we could have. They had time to, and letting the crash happen again would be a huge irresponsability.

Yes, yes, yes! This just made my day even better than it already is. :D

For heaven's sake... oh, finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom