• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Global Research, Pokémon Sightings, and More Coming During Pokémon GO Summer Tour 2018!

omahanime

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
As Trainers from all over the world participate in live events during Pokémon GO Summer Tour 2018, we’re happy to bring amazing in-game opportunities for Trainers everywhere!

Take a look at some of the exciting things coming up on our calendar.

Professor Willow’s Global Challenge

Professor Willow needs your help! On the weekends of our special live events, Trainers from all over the world will be tasked to complete Professor Willow’s Global Challenge! The challenge is simple: complete Field Research tasks!

For the purposes of this challenge, the global community will be split into four parts: The Americas; Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; the Asia-Pacific region; and the main research site itself. Each area will have to complete a set number of Field Research tasks, and if the goals are met, Trainers everywhere will be able to enjoy some amazing bonuses.

There will be three opportunities to complete these Field Research goals throughout the summer, so get ready to work together! At the end of each event, if all goals are met for each area, an even bigger bonus will be unlocked, so stay tuned for more information on this exciting reward!

We’ll let the Professor explain it in his own words:

Thanks so much for your help in gathering important Field Research. Your amazing contributions have already furthered my work, and I have a feeling that at the end of this challenge, something amazing will happen! I wonder what it could be...

I’ve put together this handy chart to help track your progress:

So best of luck, Trainers, and I hope you enjoy my challenge! I can’t wait to see what you’ll find. Time to get up and GO!

—Prof. W.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to all these challenges and their scheduled bonuses!

However, unfortunately the timing's not really nice in my case. I'll be sticking around the urban area for the first part which is XP-focused, which is the one I mind the least, being already Level 40.
For the next two parts which are Candy and Stardust-focused respectively, which I'm interested in way more, I'll be unfortunately in a rural area for summer vacation. So indeed, the timing could've been better.

Regardless, I should try my best to make as much use of these bonuses as possible:

Part 1 - XP
I won't go out of my way to grind XP as there's not much point at Level 40. So no Lucky Eggs, mass evolutions, Raid trains and the like. Just catching as much as possible (which will still be easier than usual as the non-40s in town will go crazy with the Lures in the evenings as soon as Raids are over and I can just make use of that regardless of my Level 40-ness :D), while also trying to complete a lot of Field Research Tasks in order to help out with the European goal and also progress my Pokemon Ranger Gold Medal while I'm at it.

July's Community Day also falls during this period, as it is confirmed to be July 8th. I'm hoping for Squirtle with Hydro Cannon on Blastoise as the exclusive move, as not only does it follow the pattern established so far, it also makes things much easier than usual in my case, which is really helpful when I'm planning to leave town. If Squirtle's the deal here, I'm already set up with 6 great evolution candidates and the 739 Candy to evolve them up; so I'll only need to Shiny hunt and get some more Candy if possible, but it's not worth using Pinaps in this case.

Interim - Preparation for leaving town
Before leaving Athens I need to make sure I'm as stocked up on Poke Balls/Berries as possible, because the rural area I'm going to do has a very unbalanced PokeStop/spawn ratio which eats away items rapidly. I'll even be extra careful not to overdo it with the catches before Part 2 - Candy kicks in just to make sure I won't run out. I also need to set up my Eggs as nicely as possible; that is, keep 2km and 10km (more focus on the latter) and get rid of 5km.

Part 2 - Candy
All 10km Eggs should be hatched in here, which thankfully is possible, as rurality of the area does not matter for distance. I may or may not need extra Incubators other than the infinite to pull this off, we'll see in time. Other than Eggs, there's not too much I could do unfortunately, the rural area's spawns are very stacked on the common side so getting extra Candy on those isn't worth too much. Regardless, I'll have lots of Pinaps saved and use up as I see fit at the time.

As for Raids for Rare Candy, I'll just resort to solos of Level 1-3s I'm afraid, not much hope for 4s or Legendaries. I'll try my best to not miss out on any registers unlike last year, though, which should only really be a problem if they decide to release the Regis at this point; even Shiny Groudon/Rayquaza, if they follow the pattern set by Kyogre, isn't going to be a problem.

Part 3 - Stardust
Hopefully I'll still have enough Poke Balls at this point, which should be easy enough if I don't just catch all the Pidgey I see for an entire month :) Now I can unleash all of them I've got left and maximize Stardust gains, while also focusing on Eggs; this time 2km are better for having the best Stardust/distance ratio.

In any case, even in a rural area and with not many options up my sleeve, I'll still do my best to make as good use of these events as possible. Hopefully the mystery bonuses are something cool too! :D

I also plan to get lots of XP during Part I so I can hopefully reach Level 38 anytime soon, which lets me max out any Pokemon.

I'll probably try to make use of Parts II and III as well but I'll also be out of town for a while during the summer so it won't have as much of an effect :(

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom