• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global Trade Station Conversational Thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Global Trade Station Conversational Thread

Hey guys. I'm playing Pokémon Pearl since I don't want to buy Pokémon Y just yet so I am just going to see if anyone wants to trade in Pearl for the mean time. I have a:
Luxray (32), Haunter (30), Pachirisu (30), Machoke (30), Seaking (34), Pikachu (34), Staraptor (34).
I would like any of the following Pokémon (Male please as I need most of these for breeding):
Kadabra,
Machoke,
Gravler,
Haunter,
Onix (Holding Metal Coat),
Scyther (Holding Metal Coat),
Feebas (Holding Prism Scale),
Dusclops (Holding Reaper Cloth),
I like Pokémon that evolve by trade as you can see but I have a few requirements (Also, I will be willing to trade for others not listed here if I like them):

Pokémon needs to be a level less than 40 but higher than 30.
Pokémon needs to be not hacked into the games.

I know a lot of people have like LV. 100s all over the place but I want the game to be fun and challenging, not a breeze.
If you have any of these Pokémon I will be willing to give you any of the above Pokémon for them.

Thanks so much to anyone who wants to trade.

My Friend Code is 0305 2460 7974 also.

@Zoreos; This thread is for casual conversation, in fact arranging trades here is a no no. :p I suggest taking it to the wanted station.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand I take it I'm not the only one whose life was consumed by X and Y?

@Zoreos; This thread is for casual conversation, in fact arranging trades here is a no no. :p I suggest taking it to the wanted station.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand I take it I'm not the only one whose life was consumed by X and Y?

*raises hand slowly, then does the Daniel Bryan "YES! YES! YES!" chant*

These games are marvelous aren't they? :D

They have so much Pokemon, though that in itself was an issue for me cause I couldn't find a Dedenne on my play through. x)

But I've got the main story beat. How far are you @Warrior of Fire;?

I'm on my way to Dendemille Town while backtracking for missed new Pokémon. Two badges left until I can take on the league.

And here I thought I took my time beating the story. xD; Guess I have too much free time myself though I only had a 5 member team when I took on the elite four.

Just beat the main quest, and heading into the friend-based material. It was really more fun than 5th gen- I felt like we were able to interact with the world that much more closely, and that brought more depth to it. It's the small details that do it- towns have more content other than being glorified surroundings for shops, pokemon centers and gyms. Lumiose is my new favorite city- restaurants, specialty shops, cafés to hang out at- it's that sense of actually being in a city where you can go and do the little things that brings it home for me.

Just beat the main quest, and heading into the friend-based material. It was really more fun than 5th gen- I felt like we were able to interact with the world that much more closely, and that brought more depth to it. It's the small details that do it- towns have more content other than being glorified surroundings for shops, pokemon centers and gyms. Lumiose is my new favorite city- restaurants, specialty shops, cafés to hang out at- it's that sense of actually being in a city where you can go and do the little things that brings it home for me.

I think I understand what you mean, with all the shops and what now it's definitely more fun to explore than last gen. :D

And also if your posts won't show let me know alright? There's been a very annoying glitch that won't show new users post straight away. So if this continues for you contact a mod of the respective section an let them know. :)

Oh and gotta say what made these games fun for me besides graphics, was the updated breeding mechanics. Cause I'm a crazy breeder. Eheh. Though having both parents learn egg moves then pass it down to their child makes for crazy fun combos. :>

Does anyone wanna trade a Charmander for a Bulbasaur? I've got a couple of charmanders lol but no bulba

Does anyone wanna trade a Charmander for a Bulbasaur? I've got a couple of charmanders lol but no bulba

Arranging trades here is forbidden since this thread is for causal conversation. If you want a Charmander post in the Wanted Station instead.

So I'm IV breeding for the second time ever, trying to get a good Noibat. It's going a lot smoother than the first time when I tried to get a good IV charmander, I guess it's just a lot easier once you've learned everything the first time, plus I've got everything I need this time round.

http://imgur.com/iE3dFV9

Last edited:

It really gets easier when you have good parents, plus if anything I found it's just tedious. But then again I'm picky. xD

That's it exactly, once I got two opposite gender noibats with the right four IVs it was just a matter of time.

I was thinking about getting either Noivern or Goodra, I didn't really like Noivern at first but it started to grow on me. Now just to train it up and think about what pokemon to get next. It's pretty cool just building up pokemon to use, even if you don't use them that often, it's nice just having a bunch of them to decide which to use and build up different teams.

Edit: Just ran into a shiny vanillite right there while ev training noibat. Must be my lucky day!

So what do you guys usually do when you're burnt out from breeding? I've started working on berry mutations last week and finally got all of them. Or usually I do a couple of battles at the Battle Maison, awesome how they let you take breaks in between now.

I had a sudden urge to work on a rain team so I spent a few days breeding Poliwag. Then since I've been breeding Drain Punch into everything and anything I got Croagunk fairly quickly. Aqua Jet Marill took a while but it was worth it, I've always liked Azumarill and the Fairy typing just made it even better this generation. I had Gooey Goomy lying around so I now I had to get them to produce Hydration rather than the Hidden Ability.

I usually do Wonder Trades late at night, I find that I run into breeders more often around that time. I've gotten a 4 IV Japanese Snorunt and a 4 IV Timid Litleo and a level 50 Japanese Chesnaught. I've also been changing my shout-out message to say what I'm giving out so that people don't just throw them back into Wonder Trade.

You know what, I've never even thought about berry mutations. I'll have to look into that. I need to start going to the maison again too, I don't particularly need anything from it right now, but it's always good to have a good build up of points.

Azumarill is a very good pokemon to use, just about everyone I see is using one. I'm thinking about utilising sunny day for a team, but I'm still not too sure about it.

One poke I've been meaning to get for a while is a stealth rocks larvitar. Don't know how often I would use it but it would be handy to have just there.

Since the Day-Care is right next to the berry fields you'd have an easy time visiting it now and then. My daily routine usually starts at the berry fields, then the Loto-ID corner, battle with my rival if I needed to level anyone up, and then on to egg hatching.

I guess you can work on completing the TMs from the Battle Maison, since I've gotten the Choice items and Life Orb I've just been saving my points.

Indeed, Stealth Rock is a commodity right now because it's no longer a TM. I feel Tyranitar can still pull off weather pretty well because of Stealth Rock.

God not having a laptop sucks so much. *sob*

So what do you guys usually do when you're burnt out from breeding? I've started working on berry mutations last week and finally got all of them. Or usually I do a couple of battles at the Battle Maison, awesome how they let you take breaks in between now.

I usually do Wonder Trades late at night, I find that I run into breeders more often around that time. I've gotten a 4 IV Japanese Snorunt and a 4 IV Timid Litleo and a level 50 Japanese Chesnaught. I've also been changing my shout-out message to say what I'm giving out so that people don't just throw them back into Wonder Trade.

And I WT as well. Also late at night since I get so many good parents. I've gotten a female timid japanese larvesta, a bold own tempo espurr with yawn, trick, assist, and barrier, a prankster sableye with recover, and trick. Amongst many other things. I'm addicted to wonder trading at this point in time really. xD

One poke I've been meaning to get for a while is a stealth rocks larvitar. Don't know how often I would use it but it would be handy to have just there.

Me in a nutshell, I like having Pokemon with egg moves or the like just cause it's handy. xD Plus collecting is soooo much fun.

Though in game I really need cash. Idk how I go broke so fast. </3

God not having a laptop sucks so much. *sob*

And I WT as well. Also late at night since I get so many good parents. I've gotten a female timid japanese larvesta, a bold own tempo espurr with yawn, trick, assist, and barrier, a prankster sableye with recover, and trick. Amongst many other things. I'm addicted to wonder trading at this point in time really. xD

Me in a nutshell, I like having Pokemon with egg moves or the like just cause it's handy. xD Plus collecting is soooo much fun.

Though in game I really need cash. Idk how I go broke so fast. </3
Argh I can't imagine not having a laptop. What happened?

Wonder Trade and the ease of trading online has really improved breeding/collecting. Most of the time I find myself not knowing what to breed next, but I get random thoughts throughout the day of "yeah I should try breeding that". @_@

Yeah money disappears fairly quickly when you're just breeding. My low point was being down to just $12, I couldn't even pay to get my Day-Care Pokemon back D: Since then I've learned to fight my rival once in a while for money, which I used to get rich from the restaurants.

The hard drive failed on me. At the worse time too considering my homework was due for my online class that day as well. So now I need to replace my hard drive, and get my OS re-installed it sucks mainly because it's so pricey ugh. :T

I still have like 2-3 boxes of things I want to breed. Plus with both parents being able to pass down egg moves now make impossible egg move combos possible so when I pick things I factor that in as well. @.@

I think might have gotten to $6 because I like to clothes shop as well.... xD

Ah that sucks, hope it gets fixed soon. I'd break down if my laptop died on me, it's about the biggest part of my studying/leisure.

Ahh yes, no limit on egg moves...that's a door I dare not open carelessly @_@ I've gotten 2 boxes of breeding parents that I still have to go through and right now I'm sitting at 4 boxes of things to trade off. I usually trade them for more breeding parents so it's a vicious cycle D: How long do you usually hang on to your trading stuff?

I dedicated a few days on just making money and made sure to buy everything at the clothing stores XD I scraped my way to get into restaurants by battling my rival and working at the hotel...I was doing the Looker sidequest at the time so it made me feel I was living in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom