• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Global Trade Station Conversational Thread (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Global Trade Station Conversational Thread

I guess so. But still. It is not for 7 year olds ;) Antimatter is an A level subject!

Yeah-and if you EVER go to regionals, you WILL notice the abundance of adults. Just sayin'!

Yeah-and if you EVER go to regionals, you WILL notice the abundance of adults. Just sayin'!

That is just TCG though right? I mean just the main game, not spin offs or anime or TCG!

I attended a local Pokemon tournament once, and needless to say, I was the only female and the second oldest there. Many of the battlers were very young boys. I was the only one who EV trained and did not use hacked Pokemon. ;^;

I'd love to attend a VGC one day, though.

Is this TCG? Or actual pokemon?

I have gone to the UK National VGC Qualifiers three times and there are usually more adults than children competing in the tournament. I have also attended the 5th Nugget Bridge Manchester Tournament and the Junior division only had 2 competitors so they both got prizes for coming to the event and there was only one Junior division battle to see who would get the better prizes. After the junior division battle the senior division battles started which had about 60 competitors.

Was wondering - I just yesterday finally got 2 of my games to trade between each other (by using the DS download play instead of the other methods) and I believe they said you cant move hold items. I forgot to look afterwards to see what happened with them, but I was just wondering what happens with items that belong with one specific Pokemon? You know, like a griseous orb or a dubious disc or whatever. Those might not be accurate examples but what I mean are the items that come with and are meant for one specific poke.
Do they just expect us to do without them, or....? I know in a lot of cases there is no way to get those items more than once. Which, BTW kind of stinks when its an evolution item! Hope I remember to come back here to look for an answer.

Was wondering - I just yesterday finally got 2 of my games to trade between each other (by using the DS download play instead of the other methods) and I believe they said you cant move hold items. I forgot to look afterwards to see what happened with them, but I was just wondering what happens with items that belong with one specific Pokemon? You know, like a griseous orb or a dubious disc or whatever. Those might not be accurate examples but what I mean are the items that come with and are meant for one specific poke.
Do they just expect us to do without them, or....? I know in a lot of cases there is no way to get those items more than once. Which, BTW kind of stinks when its an evolution item! Hope I remember to come back here to look for an answer.

If you transfer (which is what you did, not trade) a pokemon holding an item to the Gen 5 games, the hold item is sent back to the (gen 4) trainer's bag. As far as doing without, those items you speak of have been since re-released into gen 5. IIRC, there are certain NPC's that give them to you later on towards the latter half of the game or after-game.

If you transfer (which is what you did, not trade) a pokemon holding an item to the Gen 5 games, the hold item is sent back to the (gen 4) trainer's bag. As far as doing without, those items you speak of have been since re-released into gen 5. IIRC, there are certain NPC's that give them to you later on towards the latter half of the game or after-game.

Adding on to this point (in spoilers in case you don't know about this yet):
For example, in Black and White after you beat Team Plasma for the final time, the Shadow Triad give you the timespace orbs (a.k.a. the Adamant Orb, the Lustrous Orb, and the Griseous Orb), while you can find them in Dragonspiral Tower in Black 2 and White 2.

So, anyone looking forward to what X & Y has in store for trading? Or is it just me? :p

So, anyone looking forward to what X & Y has in store for trading? Or is it just me? :p
I'm loving many of the new Pokemon so far and I'd love to experience the trade craze of a new generation, but I still need a 3ds or 2ds. Bills come first, I suppose. :p

Can anyone tell me why there are three separate sections to my White 2 Wi-Fi Club? I have a blue area, a green area, and an orange area.

Can anyone tell me why there are three separate sections to my White 2 Wi-Fi Club? I have a blue area, a green area, and an orange area.
In-game? Doesn't that just mean you have 8x3=24 friends on your friends list? A new section pops up as you add more friends?

I dunno, I haven't traded since July since my brother disabled my router. :(

Your Pal Pad has four pages that can hold up to eight friends each. For each page you have with friends on it, a terminal appears to represent that page. Because there's four pages, you can have up to four terminals in the Wi-Fi Club room. I discovered this a while ago because I've got people listed on all four pages, even though the fourth page still has room (as such, I think that that's the limit we can have, but it could be like the boxes in the PC, where you only have a few of them at first, but when you start get close to filling them all, you get new boxes until you unlock them all (24 boxes to hold 720 Pokémon total)).

Your Pal Pad has four pages that can hold up to eight friends each. For each page you have with friends on it, a terminal appears to represent that page. Because there's four pages, you can have up to four terminals in the Wi-Fi Club room. I discovered this a while ago because I've got people listed on all four pages, even though the fourth page still has room (as such, I think that that's the limit we can have, but it could be like the boxes in the PC, where you only have a few of them at first, but when you start get close to filling them all, you get new boxes until you unlock them all (24 boxes to hold 720 Pokémon total)).

That's a great help! I've done a bunch of trading recently and I was wondering why the extra terminals kept popping up. Now I know.

Will we be able to use GTS during the PGL extended maintenance?

Will we be able to use GTS during the PGL extended maintenance?

The in game GTS? Or the forum? :p

Though for in game I'd imagine yes, I don't see any outside factors affecting that. Forum wise, I'd refuse to let the place close!

I'm having a heckuva time checking the legitimacy of a couple of my shinies. I tried to check out one thing called Pokecheck but it wanted me to change my DNS settings & the numbers that they used for a server (or wtvr...its all greek to me) but the # of digits that they asked to change to in order to use it did not even match the # of digits that my DS had in its blanks.

I did not continue on because its been awhile since I had set up the internet settings on my DS & I did not want to screw anything up in case I couldn't figure out how to RE-set them up with my own....$50 fine for overuse of the word "set"tings.

OK so I was just wondering if anyone could advise a good place to check on Pokemon?
I mean people all want to claim to be experts when I tell them the nature & ability & all and so far all of my Pokemon are considered legit by everyone except for the one that I knew wasn't and I just want to check them somewhere without having to earn a PhD in computer science first.

I'm having a heckuva time checking the legitimacy of a couple of my shinies. I tried to check out one thing called Pokecheck but it wanted me to change my DNS settings & the numbers that they used for a server (or wtvr...its all greek to me) but the # of digits that they asked to change to in order to use it did not even match the # of digits that my DS had in its blanks.

Pokecheck is probably the easiest way to get a rough check of a Pokemon's legality. The reason being you don't actually have to deal with the Pokemon file (.pkm) yourself. You can simply upload it and view on the website.

Changing your Domain Name Server (DNS) settings allows your DS to connect to a certain server or computer. The DNS listed on Pokecheck is the external IP address for the server. You can send Pokemon to your own computer in the same way, but you would use your computer's local IP address instead (and an appropriate program on your computer).

When you connect to Nintendo Wifi regularly, there should be no DNS setting. Using the particular DNS temporarily shouldn't mess up your settings. Simply enable that option while you want to use Pokecheck, and then remember to disable it when you want to use regular Wifi again.

Keep in mind that legality is not the same as legitimacy. Legality says the Pokemon could have been generated by the source game, legitimacy says the Pokemon actually was generated by a source game. What I mean by source game is a DS cartridge without any external devices or modifications. If you are using Pokemon from people you don't know well, the vast majority of the time you just want to make sure they are legal, so that you can use them without fear of messing up your game or not being able to use them in battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom