Eh? Does that mean the new evolutions of D/P aren't obtainble until after the eight gyms/Elite Four?Doctor Oak said:I also hope that we get to use the new evolutions for the Gyms - as that's a rather disappointing problem with D/P.
Won't happen. Since if you traded them back to DP, the new form data would be absent.New forms for Shellos and Gastrodon!
Actually, you can get them before you get the National Dex.Eh? Does that mean the new evolutions of D/P aren't obtainble until after the eight gyms/Elite Four?
It's just the fact you can't FIND the old ones that have new evos prior to the National Dex. Unlike FR/LG, it doesn't keep you from evolving them to new forms if you got them.All the new evolutions except Aipom's, Misdreavus' and Murkrow's aren't in the Sinnoh Dex and are only available after getting the National Dex.
The chief problem with a remake is one has to wonder what they should do with Kanto? Port over the remade features of FireRed and LeafGreen and do cosmetic changes? Totally redo NeoKanto? Or wipe the region completely and do another Sevii Islands thing, but maybe with Gym Leaders?
Aside from that, obvious complaints that need to be fixed:
* Rebalance NPC teams, particularly Gym Leaders and Elite 4, so that they have more Pokemon and at higher levels.
* Include a Safari Zone in Johto.
* Include Contests
* Inclusion of the Poketch, or alter the PokeGear to have the Poketch's features.
* Evolution of old forms made easier. Don't restrict new evolutions until after the Elite Four are beaten. Being able to use newer Pokemon like Ambipom to fight Whitney or something makes for a fresh new experience, and only has positive effects on what would otherwise be a retread.
* Include Double Battles with new NPCs, of course.
* The Team Rocket returns storyline definately needs a better climax, and a much more satisfying payoff than two unnamed executives mewing like toddlers for Daddy Giovanni to come back. That was pathetic even by Pokemon storyline standards.
Technically, there was a Safari Zone, but you can't access it because the door to the warp was removed because of the fear of the "Glitch City" Glitch.Oh wow! That's right! Johto didn't have a safari zone! How did I forget that? Sheesh. I'd be interested to see what they'd do with the "Neo Kanto" part of the game... islands would be cool. Maybe the Orange Islands, but that's wishful thinking. Wasn't that part of the anime before Johto anyway? I think that's about the time I stopped watching.