• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were to do GS DS, and kept the Sevii Islands in there, along with Kanto, they could technically bring back the Safari Zone after Gold/Kris gets the Warden, who would be on vacation there.

Lorelei could be an optional battle in Icefall Cave.

If they made a remake of GS, just using FRLG they could add much to the storyline as a whole. Plus, it'd kinda bring the games back around in a circle. Red/Green, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen, Diamond/Pearl and GoldDS/SilverDS.

But what would they be called? Gold Sun/Silver Moon? I've heard that pair of names floating around. Personally, I'd choose Brass and Tin.

GoldSun and SilverMoon seem the most likely to me. Not only are such names already mentioned in the anime, but it fits the pattern of the other remakes.

I hope they make it so post-E4, you can catch as many Pokemon as you can in DP (post-national dex).

And Online Wi-Fi Bug Catching Competition would rule.

Could it be a GBA game too? Nah, that's probably wishful thinking! Still, what's so bad about the Orange islands?

I would hope they would expand on Eusine's story, and have him actually *do* something when you bring him Suicune. As it stands, he just stands there and doesn't acknowledge that you've captured the pokemon he's spent his whole life chasing. Heck, his anime personality would be great there, with the whole "BLASPHEMER! I CHALLENGE YOOOOOU!" thing going on.

I never played Crystal but it would be good to have people acknowledge things you've done instead of saying things like: "Somebody drove Team Aqua out of the cove..." or "I don't really believe in Kyogre..." (Ok that last one was more of a thing that I kind of made up) it make me reply in a really sarcastic voice: "Yes, hello, it was me! I wish I could tell you but my character is obviously a mute! Hello I drove them out! Ok, if you don't believe in Kyogre then what's this! Hell-ooo! It's stood right in front of you!"

(P.S. Yes, I am a nutter)

I would hope they would expand on Eusine's story, and have him actually *do* something when you bring him Suicune. As it stands, he just stands there and doesn't acknowledge that you've captured the pokemon he's spent his whole life chasing. Heck, his anime personality would be great there, with the whole "BLASPHEMER! I CHALLENGE YOOOOOU!" thing going on.

I never liked him because I had a traded Entei (to complete my dex), and he only gives you Ho-Oh access if you are the OT for the three beasts. >_<

But yes, Silver and Eusine both need to have their stories expanded upon.

Assuming Eusine's in the game. None of Yellow's features were included in Fr/Lg afterall.

I am not sure what would be wrong with the Orange Islands, could make it just like the Sevii in FR/LG. And Scrap the Kanto part. Though personally I did quite like the fact that you could go to Kanto. A re-make would also be very useful as people could again get the Legendary Beasts with out faffing around after E4 in FR/LG. Also everyone would be able to get Lugia and Ho-oh again, instead of only the ones with the extra pass thingy.
Also just so I am clear..Is there any proof as to this ever happening or is it one of our "If only it could..." topics?
Thanks

There's no concrete evidence - just the dozens of hints that have been dropped in D/P and the anime.

That and it was always really rather likely.

Ah right. Thats cool. Yeah it was always on the cards after FR/LG

Well, if you consider the FROM: JOHTO code in the Trainer's Memo as evidence, then yes, there is evidence.

And one that ALL can access. I mean like unlike Deoxys and Mew which you need to live in the right country for! GRR!!

Hopefully we'll get Wifi events for all the event Pokémon....

BTW, there was a legit way to Celebi, during PUSA's US tour.

Yeah, but when you live in the UK, its not very handy lol

I agree. I got Mew and Celebi through events, and that's just because they happened to be close-by! If I had to work, or live elsewhere... boo.

If one were to be a complete conspiracy theorist, one could say that the reason the the features with Celebi in them in Colosseum were never made available to be unlocked despite the option to unlock them at a later date via an expansion disc/connecting a gamepak or whatever so that a G/S remake could be the real distribution method for Celebi.

With Fr/Lg being such big successes after Colosseum was released, it wouldn't really be that much of a surprise...

But in Japan, they had a Celebi bonus disc, didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom