• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Oak, makes sense, but Shane kinda beat you down. = (

This here is a pipe dream of course:

Firstly: I agree. Some characters need their stories expanded (Lance, Eusine and Silver in particular).

Secondly, and I feel strongly about this one: TAKE FULL GRAPHICAL ADVANTAGE OF THE PLATFORM. I know Pokemon has tons of features and has never been about the graphics but some of them were insults to their systems in that regard. In particular Ruby/Sapphire which was beautifully colored but paled in comparison to such games as Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memory and Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. Final Fantasy V has more detail, as well, though the basic sprites are no better.

Now, to me it seems the color palettes expand with each title while sprite detail and animations are only ever slightly improved. If the game were made for the DS it shouldn't look exactly like the GBA title with more colors and even if it were made for GBA (doubtful) it should be more attractive than R/S which really did nothing with the graphical power of that system. Emerald did somewhat with the Awakening Cutscenes, but not much.

Last edited:
One thing I'd like is to have Johto and Kanto retconned as having two seperate Leagues and Elite 4 ala the anime. On the same token, I'd like two new Elite 4 members in place of Bruno and Koga - who would ideally be optional opponents somewhere in the game ala Steven. Johto really needs to expand its own identity to make a remake worthwile, and one of the ways they could do that is by making it so that Johto isn't "east Kanto".

I thought of more evidence for a G/S re-make. Doesn't it say in R/S somewhere that your character just moved there from Johto. Wait, does that count as evidence?

No, since Gold and Kris aren't Brendan and May.

I see that as more of a reference to the Hoenn games coming after the Johto games.

There won't be G/S/C remake.

There will be a Wii 3D RPG including all regions (Kanto, Jouto, Houen, Shin'ou, Nanashima) but it'll take place in the GSC Timeline. So, it will be a partial remake (Jouto and Kanto will be remade). Houen, Shin'ou and Nanashima will be altered after 3 years.

You can choose the region where you start, then after completing local league, you can travel to another region.

Heheheh. Keep dreaming.
Such game would be cool.

Johto really needs to expand its own identity to make a remake worthwile, and one of the ways they could do that is by making it so that Johto isn't "east Kanto".
Thankfully, Johto is located west to Kanto even in the original games, so that wouldn't be too hard to maintain in the remakes.

Charmander to the rescue said:
I thought of more evidence for a G/S re-make. Doesn't it say in R/S somewhere that your character just moved there from Johto. Wait, does that count as evidence?
It is an interesting detail to be observed. In Ruby and Sapphire, a woman in Petalburg City states Johto as the origin of Norman's family. However, in Emerald all specific references to Johto have been taken out, and the woman now says the following:

Norman became our town's new Gym Leader. I think he called his family over from somewhere far away.
Establishing Johto as the Hoenn player's origin was meant to symbolise the transition from the Game Boy series to that of the Game Boy Advance. It was an allusion to players of that time who had experienced Pokémon on the Game Boy or Game Boy Color, and now had to start anew with the then-newest installments. By the time of Emerald's release, the new beginning had been "settled" by means of remakes of the Generation I games. Thus, it was made clear that the Hoenn timeline was parallel to the Kanto timeline, preceding Johto's. It then stood to reason that if Johto had in fact not been explored in the new series, and the region did not bear importance as far as Hoenn was concerned (as opposed to Kanto), then all references to it should not include its name.

In conclusion, while Emerald served to make Johto Pokémon obtainable within the Game Boy Advance (sans Colosseum or XD), it was equally different to Ruby and Sapphire in its treatment of Johto as unfamiliar territory. The Game Boy series was no longer relevant.

Kanto is still referred to in Emerald, and in a likewise manner, Johto finds its own direct references in Diamond and Pearl. This is due to the first series finding its way into the current one by means of an established timeline, be it Generation I in Generation III, or Generation II in Generation IV.

Maxim said:
There will be a Wii 3D RPG including all regions (Kanto, Jouto, Houen, Shin'ou, Nanashima) but it'll take place in the GSC Timeline. So, it will be a partial remake (Jouto and Kanto will be remade). Houen, Shin'ou and Nanashima will be altered after 3 years.
The Red Gyarados broadcast at the beginning of the Sinnoh journey is proof enough that the storyline is set in Johto's time, rather than Kanto/Sevii Islands and Hoenn's. Your ideal console game would have to be set in an even later period, with all these regions altered or renewed, not remade.

Maxim that game would indeed be super cool. I have always wished they would do one like that.

I have play a hack of a pokemon game that was redone to look like G/S/C redone, it was quite a good hack as well thouh I couldn't use and TM's or HM's on it, but they got everything in place adn the story line was dead on. Though I think that the chances of a G/S/C re-make are slim to none, though I would like to see one.

I've played the hack; it's pretty good.

Well it would be cool if it could be in the new DS style and if it has the
new islands life in FR/LG. But most likely never will be released...

If a Gold and Silver remakes were made,Johto would need to have a new Pokedex to include Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon and the ability to evolve to their Generation 3 and 4 evolutions.I believe Johto should have their own league at Mt Silver(where Lance at with him as Champion)and a Kanto one at Indigo Plateau with Red as the champion.
Johto needs improvements and Kanto needs to make it look more like an requirement rather than a optional sidequest.
The Gym Leaders and Elite Four for me need to be amped at least 10 lvs each
Make Lugia soley for Silver(requires legendary birds)can be caught
and in Gold,allow Ho-oh to be there(requires legendary beasts)can be caught

I believe the orange islands should be included between johto and kanto with their own league.....

Why do u think i even added the ? in my post?

I wasnt sure.

99% confirmed? Try 20% hinted at. Seriously, this sounds like a website trying to get more hits by showing people what they want. I mean come on: "It is almost certain that these will be the covers"? To me that sounds a bit too much like "Well, everyone wants G/S to be remade, this is what we want them to look like."

The Pokemonmillennium site is giving me a bandwidth exceeded error so I can't see what pics you guys are talking about, but are they by any chance these:
http://pokebip.com/images/2007/18.jpg
http://pokebip.com/images/2007/19.jpg
http://pokebip.com/images/2007/20.jpg

I dunno what to make of those, and it doesn't help that I can't read French since Pokebip is a French site. The one thing that makes me suspect they might not be real is that the Sugimori art of Chikorita and Cyndaquil there are the original ones from the GSC gen, not remakes like they had for FRLG, and it would make sense for remade games to be advertised using remade art.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom