• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's some prettttty box art. I wouldn't like to think of the amount of time required to fake something like this up - especially the last screenshot.

Pokebip also reports on this though: http://pokebip.com/images/2007/17.jpg Which is a definite fake, so it's not exactly saying much in its favour.

Elaborate fake for the G/S remake. Though still: very well done.

I said this on Serebii..I Will say it again..

When FRLG was first reveladed they used an old art of Charizard.

Wow, those GSC scans look really real. Whoever made them must've worked really hard on them.

Could it be a GBA game too? Nah, that's probably wishful thinking! Still, what's so bad about the Orange islands?
But remember the last time the made a game for both the DS and GBA? Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? That game was fun for a bit. But the games were like identical. No use of the DS's Abilities. The whole GBA part was holding it back.
So if they made a G/S/C remake it'd most likely be for one platform if they wanted to make the most money. GBA would be nice so a lot of people could have acess to it but what also they could do is like G/S for the GBA and Crystal for the DS. And by the different playform what I'd hope to see is some actual difference in appearance/graphics.

But I actually do want a remake because I personally think the G/S/C was a very neglected saga that could've been expanded a lot more. My criticisms on the game:

*~The Gym-Leaders of JOHTO seemed like pansies. And the KANTO Gym-Leaders were completely out of order, which I think they could've fixed.

*~ Gym-Leaders are inferior to the Elite 4 right? Then why is the KANTO Gym-Leader system better than the Elite 4? Excluding Koga's flop, Janine (who was lamo)

*~ The whole game seemed very rushed. In that game it's RUSH RUSH RUSH!! And your Rival isn't in the best spots. Maybe more Rival encounters other than say 4-5? Fr/Lg had, 7 required and 1 optional. G/S/C had 4 or 5. 1 in Cherry, 1 Azalea, 1 Radio Tower, 1 Morty's City, 1 Victory Road. And that's 5. MORE RIVAL BATTLES PL0X!!

Excellent fakes, especially the box art. I applaud the creator, whoever he or she is, for their ingenuity.

I don't know whether I want to believe it or not D| nooo~

I definitely want a remake. Although the GSC series was probably the most interesting of all, it wasn't planned very well, and it was difficult in the end, usually, to defeat Red.

Here's what I would have it do, although it would require a very extensive makeover or delineation just to break even with the other generations:
  • Restrict the game to Game Boy Advance, but resynchronise the time to the Nintendo DS if used.
  • Go beyond the Radio Tower: Instead of just getting the Silver or Gold Wing once you rescue the Director, the Rockets successfully bring Giovanni back. Then, the Rockets move to the Burned Tower to confront Lugia or Ho-oh, who are coming back. Follow the RS scenario from there.
  • Replace the Battle Tower with the Battle Frontier, and replace the Trainer House with a Contest hall.
  • Add one of the 'Battle Card' houses in Blackthorn.
  • Turn the trees into Berries, and update to Diamond and Pearl standard.
  • Update Pokémon evolutionary patterns, attack types, and moves to Diamond and Pearl standard.
  • Use the Time Machine to send an update to Fire Red, Leaf Green, Emerald, Ruby, and Sapphire to update Berries, attacks, and evolutionary patterns.
  • Upload Pokémon from the remakes for use in Pal Park.
  • Introduce Berry Crushing and use Blackthorn City for minigames.
  • Introduce Emerald's Trainer Call.
  • Rematch Gym Leaders and Elite Four with improved Pokémon. (Battle lists coming soon.)
  • Accept RS Pokémon.
  • Replace the Unown printer with a card sticker service.
  • Extend the PokéGear to make it at least comparable to the Pokétch. In fact, we can have this device displayed on the bottom screen when a DS is used.
  • Add a Sevii Island service.

You mean this, Nate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TORCdmx3m2o ?? If you search Pokemon Shiny Gold on youtube, loads of videos come up of the FRLG hack.

O_O So cool. O_O I'm googling the hack but nothing. :(

~ Gym-Leaders are inferior to the Elite 4 right? Then why is the KANTO Gym-Leader system better than the Elite 4? Excluding Koga's flop, Janine (who was lamo)

Well, the game would seem far too easy after you beat the Elite Four, wouldn't they? And as to whoever said the Kanto gym leaders were out of order... Dude, c'mon! You arrive a, I think, Lavender Town. >_> How the heck are you going to get from Lavender Town to Pewter City without going through, at least, Cerulean City! :p Or Saffron and Vermilion Cities.

I want a remake for G/S/C

it had much potential but it was poorly planned
did like it that you can get Lugia and Ho-oh without going to special events

My demands or requests:
-allow the game for the Nintendo DS and for better sales, Game Boy Advance.
-the Gym leaders of Johto were pretty weak.Increase their Pokemon's level a bit so instead of fighting the last gym leader with pokemon in the high 30s and low 40s make it around the 50-60 range.
-Give Gym Leaders and Elite Four more quality Pokemon.
-I want the new Sinnoh evolutions of Pokemon BEFORE getting the National Pokedex.After all,so people can catch the damn Pokemon like Aipom or Rhyhorn.
-like in Emerald,rematches after beating the Elite Four.
-Pokegear more or less needs to compare with the Poketch.
-ability to upload Pokemon from the GBA games in Pal Park(old Kanto Safari Zone would be good to serve as that.)
-add Contest Halls(make them similar to the ones in the anime for a Grand Festival in Johto and Kanto).
-with Team Rocket,give them a better plot,with Giovanni actually returning and depending on G/S they will confront Lugia and Ho-oh and you must battle them to save them,
-give us a legit way to capture Celebi.
-this is out of the blue(add Altomare from Pokemon Heroes)you can be abel to catch Latios and Latias but in a double battle.
-instead of Gyms in Kanto(optional),maybe put the Frontier Brains in place(more in line with anime)
-have Emeralds Trainer Call like what Crystal Walrein said.
-have some Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokemon appear in wild after you obtain the Nat. Pokedex.
-having a Johto underground,where trainers can battle,trade,chat,collect rare items.
-Secret Bases much needed.(increase limit of items and variety of items and variety of places to make Bases.
-ability to head to Orange Islands(battle the League and its gym leaders in place of Kanto's and to obtain GS Ball.)
-Pokeballs introduced in R/S/E and D/P included.
-make a subplot with the redhead G/S rival facing his father(we all know who it is)cough ......Giovanni....
-do it like R/S/E,depending on who you pick,you will have a secondary Rival either Gold or Kris.
-add same changes in Kanto as was in G/S/C except Mt Moon and Virdian
-replace Trainer House

I want it for GBA so you can transfer them to your pearl and Diamond considering (in my opinion) johto has some of the best Pokemon. and I want the day and night feature back. made it interesting.

Well, the game would seem far too easy after you beat the Elite Four, wouldn't they? And as to whoever said the Kanto gym leaders were out of order... Dude, c'mon! You arrive a, I think, Lavender Town. >_> How the heck are you going to get from Lavender Town to Pewter City without going through, at least, Cerulean City! :p Or Saffron and Vermilion Cities.
What I really meant by that is move the Elite 4 to AFTER the Gyms. And you arrive at around Viridian or Indigo Plateau. Lavender Town is on the other side. ._.

I actually found my improvement list for the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. Note that my proposal is that moves are updated to Diamond and Pearl and the Pokémon can be transferred in from DP via WiFi (and an update will be sent to older versions through the Time Machine), but I won't have the leaders have DP Pokémon. Their original Pokémon before facing Red will remain the same, but their level increases should be more gradual.

Falkner: Fearow (60), Swellow (60), Pelipper (61), Skarmory (61), Altaria (62), Pidgeot (63)
Bugsy: Beedrill (62), Volbeat (62), Butterfree (63), Illumise (63), Pinsir (64), Heracross (65),
Whitney: Clefable (64), Linoone (64), Wigglytuff (65), Zangoose (65), Miltank (66), Slaking (67)
Morty: Misdreavus (66), Banette (66), Sableye (67), Dusclops (67), Shedinja (68), Gengar (69)
Chuck: Hitmonchan (68), Medicham (68), Hitmonlee (69), Hariyama (69), Poliwrath (70), Machamp (71)
Jasmine: Magneton (70), Mawile (70), Skarmory (71), Scizor (71), Steelix (72), Registeel (73)
Pryce: Piloswine (72), Glalie (72), Sneasel (73), Dewgong (73), Walrein (74), Regice (75)
Claire: Kingdra (74), Flygon (74), Latias (75), Latios (75), Salamence (76), Dragonite (77)

Will: Xatu (70), Grumpig (70), Slowking (72), Jynx (73), Alakazam (73)
Koga: Beautifly (70), Dustox (72), Muk (72), Venomoth (73), Swalot (74)
Bruno: Hitmontop (72), Steelix (74), Medicham (74), Hariyama (75), Machamp (76)
Karen: Umbreon (72), Murkrow (72), Sableye (75), Absol (75), Houndoom (77)
Lance: Gyarados (74), Altaria (75), Flygon (77), Kingdra (77), Salamence (78), Dragonite (80)

Lt Surge: Electrode (76), Manectric (76), Lanturn (77), Magneton (77), Electabuzz (78), Raichu (79)
Sabrina: Mr Mime (78), Lunatone (78), Gardevoir (79), Solrock (79), Metagross (80), Alakazam (81)
Erika: Jumpluff (80), Roselia (80), Victreebel (81), Shiftry (81), Tropius (82), Vileplume (83)
Jasmine: Weezing (82), Swalot (82), Arbok (83), Muk (83), Seviper (84), Crobat (85)
Misty: Golduck (84), Huntail (84), Milotic (85), Gorebyss (85), Ludicolo (86), Lapras (87)
Brock: Steelix (86), Cradily (86), Golem (87), Armaldo (87), Aerodactyl (88), Regirock (89)
Blaine: Rapidash (88), Torkoal (88), Magcargo (89), Camerupt (89), Magmar (90), Houndoom (91)
Blue: Shedinja (90), Exeggutor (90), Tyranitar (91), Gyarados (91), Alakazam (92), Arcanine (93)

Red: Pikachu (100), Salamence (93), Metagross (95), Sceptile (97), Blaziken (97), Swampert (97)

Phew!

Wow!! I must say thats some thought, time and effort involved there! I like the ideas of such high level Pokemon towards the end. It would make the game far more challenging. I like the idea of having the Frontier Brains scattered across Kanto. Possibly even more than having to go through the Kanto Gyms again. It would be nice to have the chance to get all the Legendaries again. I personally feel that it should be for the DS though as it would be a step backwards now to go back to the GBA after moving to the DS, though in the same breath it could be considered the right move as it would be after all a remake. But hey I wouldn't be to fussed either way, I just hope it happens

Well, as I said, I'm angling for Red's levels to be reduced the first time you battle him, and the first time around the Gym's lineups won't change. The list takes effect after the National Pokédex.

I like how you thought of how to make GSC for GBA but the fact is no more GBA games. GBA is outdated and the ds is where it will go next...I mean the team they use for this is already tooled for ds games and it be a hassle just to go back a step to make the game.

Everything else had been pretty much said already, except this -- what ever became of Agatha?
And instead of Giovanni becoming a bad guy again, maybe he comes and tries to help you stop the new Rocket Head (I want it the be a female -- god knows we need a female head baddie :D). And there'll be a big make-up scene between him and your rival/his son -- yay! ^_^

It would be nice if they expanded on the plot in G/S. It's not as if dodging around the issue of whether or not Silver is Giovanni's son is going to have any point considering it's confirmed canon in PokéSpecial and very nearly almost confirmed canon through Fr/Lg anyway.

Take the plot style from D/P, add it to G/S and BAM, insta-awesomeness. The potential has always been there, but it was never properly nurtured.

Speaking of plots, am I the only one that noticed that Game Freak is getting really good with those? Mystery Dungeon was amazing, and Diamond and Pearl were pretty epic.

Gamefreak had nothing to do with Mystery Dungeon's.

They have been steadily improving anyway. Hell, even G/S was epic compared to R/B - if they just actually built on it more/better, they'd have a definite D/P ballbreaker storyline on their hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom