• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I suppose she looks like a prostitute or something now.

no she looks like a christmas maid or a girl who only thinks of christmas. now watch he have a steelix with a santa hat and beard or her two magnamite are connected with a red string and are painted gold like bells

The most disappointhing is that they appear to have completely changed GSC Kanto into FRLG Kanto with better graphics. I am annoyed.

Whats wrong with that? The simple reason they could not do more with Kanto in GSC was because of the space issue on cartridge, so we had the Neo Kanto, but now without such problems they are able to do what they originally wanted to do with Kanto and more probably and fully fit out Kanto like it was meant to be. I remember before we know much or anything about HGSS, some people hoped Kanto would be full, I did too and thought it would be, and now it is I am happy, means more we could do in Kanto I suppose

I'm starting to notice that HGSS has a lot of radical differences when it comes to designs, especially compared to FRLG. At least Bugsy stayed the same ;-;

Well what exacly is wrong with the design changes? Remember many of the people playing these games now would be kids and those who won't remember the original games and even those who did, remember, the style of clothing for people back then was different. I guess they are updating it now for what the fashion in Japan is like and giving some people like Gym leaders a design modification for this reason.

The Mediums don't have little spirits flying around their heads? Could there be any more doubt HGSS is

RUINED FOREVER!

First, a slight design change is not going to affect how the game is played right? Unless your being sarcastic, play the game first, then come back and say this

Too many people (including me) had their hopes up way assuming that GF would fix everything and make HGSS the ultimate Pokemon games due to the shiny stuff and gimmicks. However, in this department, Platinum>HGSS.

um, dfirst do we really know if GF know what was wrong with original GSC games like many of us do? Besides, seeing some things from the games, and unless you play it for yourself, you can't really judge how the game would be as seeing it in screenshots/videos and playing it yourself, you could end up with a different outcome, as what I did when I first saw stuff about Platinum and then Played it.

BTW, do we know if Sevii is in? And Pokeradar?

Last edited:
Whats wrong with that? The simple reason they could not do more with Kanto in GSC was because of the space issue on cartridge, so we had the Neo Kanto, but now without such problems they are able to do what they originally wanted to do with Kanto and more probably and fully fit out Kanto like it was meant to be. I remember before we know much or anything about HGSS, some people hoped Kanto would be full, I did too and thought it would be, and now it is I am happy, means more we could do in Kanto I suppose

Well what exacly is wrong with the design changes? Remember many of the people playing these games now would be kids and those who won't remember the original games and even those who did, remember, the style of clothing for people back then was different. I guess they are updating it now for what the fashion in Japan is like and giving some people like Gym leaders a design modification for this reason.

BTW, do we know if Sevii is in?

sevii is like the one thing we havent even heard lies about. sevii has gone totally unnoticed and unmentioned.

which probably means it either hasn't been encountered yet or is not in at all.

no she looks like a christmas maid or a girl who only thinks of christmas. now watch he have a steelix with a santa hat and beard or her two magnamite are connected with a red string and are painted gold like bells

Red and Green may be Christmas colors, but that is not the only thing they can mean.

Characters will get redesigned, IT HAPPENS. It's awkward at first but then you get used to it.

All we have are pictures and you're all complaining about most of it. This is what we wanted and we finally have it, and you're not pleased? How pathetic.

Ah, alright, does not really matter to me if Sevii is in or not.

Characters will get redesigned, IT HAPPENS. It's awkward at first but then you get used to it.

All we have are pictures and you're all complaining about most of it. This is what we wanted and we finally have it, and you're not pleased? How pathetic.

True. I feel same way. I'm not complaining. To me it will be the feel of the gameplay, music, pokemon, areas, features and more that will make the game for me, if a character gets redesigned slightly, so what? If they still look like who they are supposed to look like, even if their hair/clothes etc... change, but their general appearance is still same, and they still do what they are supposed to do, like Gym leaders, whats wrong with that?

Also, do we know if contests are in or if we can plant berries in game?

um, dfirst do we really know if GF know what was wrong with original GSC games like many of us do? Besides, seeing some things from the games, and unless you play it for yourself, you can't really judge how the game would be as seeing it in screenshots/videos and playing it yourself, you could end up with a different outcome, as what I did when I first saw stuff about Platinum and then Played it.

BTW, do we know if Sevii is in? And Pokeradar?

I meant with the handling of the Gym Leader's teams.

It's too early to see whether Sevii is in or not. It's too early to beat Red, which is why I think the poster who's supposedly friends with a beta tester is a sham. (Not to mention the lack of Shaymin and Leaf is suspicious since DPPT practically screamed it out "SHAYMIN WILL BE IN GSC REMAKES.")

edit-We don't know if Contests are in either, if they are, I bet they're in Kanto.

Last edited:
I don't get why everyone trusts Serebii so much. He acts like he recieves his copy earlier, but in reality he's playing the rom. Remember the one time he posted the fake Shaymin Skye Forme PK created? And the recent anime fake?

Actually, that "anime fake" was just confirmed on a calendar, and even given the release date of October 15th. Ask Adynz and Kenji-Girl if you don't believe me. Heck, it's right on [Kenji-Girl's] User Talk Page.

The friend of the so-called beta tester is a poster on the forums, not Serebii himself. About the legends and the starter Pokemon, Serebii DID say it was unconfirmed, so guys don't get your panties in a twist just yet.

Let's hope this is true, because I personally do not want to have continuity destroyed, and yes, it was implied. Heck, Bulbapedia even stated that cerulean cave collapsed due to Red's fight with Mewtwo.

Zora was being sarcastic. xD Also, I agree that declaring HGSS is "the worst gaemz EVARS" because of the levels is a strech, but people have reasons to be disappointed. HGSS are enhanced remakes, not direct remakes like FRLG, which means they are suppose to correct the mistakes they made in the original GSC. GF had the opportunity to change the levels and teams of the Gym Leaders rather than keeping the same suckish one in GSC.

If it was implied in the plot to have happened (like Cerulean cave's collapse due to Mewtwo's battle), then it's not a mistake, plain and simple.

Too many people (including me) had their hopes up way assuming that GF would fix everything and make HGSS the ultimate Pokemon games due to the shiny stuff and gimmicks. However, in the department of teams, Platinum>HGSS.

That much I can agree with.

inb4 someone thinks I'm a rapid GSC fangirl, HGSS haetr, and whatnot. I'm actually not, I'm looking foward to HGSS a lot and don't care much for GSC. I just don't think they are going to be as good as fans make it seem.

True.

Red and Green may be Christmas colors, but that is not the only thing they can mean.

we are its just, idk it struck a nerve and then that one kid really bothered me. im glad shes in the game i just wished she at least had the color white instead of red and green. the frills really dont bother me either.

Also, do we know if contests are in or if we can plant berries in game?

Um Shinx? Berries were confirmed to be grown on the road in little pots weeks ago. as for contests, they got retconned. The new name for them is Pokéthalon.

I meant with the handling of the Gym Leader's teams.

Yeah, I see your right now.

(Not to mention the lack of Shaymin and Leaf is suspicious since DPPT practically screamed it out "SHAYMIN WILL BE IN GSC REMAKES.")

Did DPPt really do that? And as I said earlier, since Leaf was a playable character in another set of games, like Kris in Crystal, I suppose thats why she is not in, because she was not in original GSC games. I am guessing any playable character that was in games past GS, won't be in these games since they were not then.

inb4 someone thinks I'm a rapid GSC fangirl, HGSS haetr, and whatnot. I'm actually not, I'm looking foward to HGSS a lot and don't care much for GSC. I just don't think they are going to be as good as fans make it seem.

IDK if they will or not, but remember Platinum before it came out? Overhyped the snow (radical weather change) and flashlights (supposed to replace the move flash in dark areas)...we only got a little more snow in Sandgem and routes around it, not much at all and flashlights were only in Fantasias gym. So I am taking all I am seeing now and just thinking it as good stuff, but not great, until I play the games of course, then make my own judgements

Frankly, all I want to see is Misty with Gen II hair.

Smae here

Um Shinx? Berries were confirmed to be grown on the road in little pots weeks ago. as for contests, they got retconned. The new name for them is Pokéthalon.

Really? I only ever heard about apricorns being grown in pots and I thought contests would go along with Pokéthalon, not replace them, but its ok, I don't mind, I did not over like contests that much, hope Pokéthalon is more fun and good to know about berries

THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS

RUINED FOREVER

srsly guys.

Calm down.

It's a remake. Things are gonna change. Get over it, get used to it, or don't buy the game.

haha, this kinda reminds me of Maxims "She is still not Crys" rant. Yes we all need to calm down and remember, each gen the style changes, characters sometimes get redesigned slightly for that gen etc... Gary got redesigned before didn't he? (your rival)

Besides there is no sense saying all the bad things we think. Lets focus on looking at things from a positive point of view if possible, or we may end up ruining the games for people in future because of negitivity with some things. Yes I know some of us may not like some changes, but we would say this in a way that does not make it look like the games got ruined because of such changes, which they didn't

Last edited:
THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS

RUINED FOREVER

srsly guys.

Calm down.

It's a remake. Things are gonna change. Get over it, get used to it, or don't buy the game.
You make it seem like we hate the games because of a few changes they made. We don't. We don't like the changes. This is a forum. We said we didn't like the changes. Some people dragged it out.

I bet that when I get these games, they're gonna be the best I've played in a while. That's why I'm bothering to (try to) keep up with all these updates/leaks that are coming out.

Wait...

Red and Green..

Red and Green?

It sounds like a reference to Red and Green, to me.

I find it odd though, wasn't she wearing her regular dress in Sinnoh? Then, why did she changed it before she went on her trip?

I wonder how people will react to the Kanto leaders, and Red..

..I'm still stumped that Leaf isn't even cameoed in the games.

Wait...

Red and Green..

Red and Green?

I find it odd though, wasn't she wearing her regular dress in Sinnoh? Then, why did she changed it before she went on her trip?

yeah that is a bit weird isnt it. that she was wering the normal dress in sinoh and not now. but red and green could be a reference. but why? what connetion does she have to red and green?

Wait...

Red and Green..

Red and Green?

It could be a reference, but I doubt it.

But now that you mention it, you're right. Maybe she got her dress dirty on the Sunnyshore Beach and is wearing her new one while the white one's being washed? @-@

In all seriousness, that is pretty strange. It was probably just an overlooked detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom