• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold and Silver DS: Discussion, Debate, Wishlists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh snap look who else got female lipstick.
attachment.php

Why are they refusing to reveal n new stuff still there isnt anything we don't know

Looks like nothing is new. But Morty is sexier then ever.

Epic. Falkner was left pretty much untouched so hopefully no fangirls will make an uproar over him. Morty looks better in his actual art than in the game to me. And I like the little changes they made to Whitney. I don't see lipstick in her Sugimori art though.

We got one thing out of this update. Artwork. And Lance's name seems to change. Did anyone notice that in his description text he's called Lance, but the menu calls him Rheins?

The artwork are absolutely awesome. I'm waiting for the rest.

But what bugs me is that there are only TWO remaining spaces for Rockets. Will Athena and Apollo be put together, or something?

But still, guides are NEEDED. They'll certainly have something that the official site hasn't got.

The artwork are absolutely awesome. I'm waiting for the rest.

But what bugs me is that there are only TWO remaining spaces for Rockets. Will Athena and Apollo be put together, or something?

I wondered that. It's actually possible, since Apollo only appears once and the others twice.

I rethought this and realized that I'm deeply DISAPPOINTED with Sakaki's event.

I mean, I always thought that Sakaki was listening to that Radio message somewhere on Bahamas and LAUGHED at Neo-TR's desperacy and idiocy, without any will to return.

But instead of that, they made him pull a "OMG! AFTER THREE BLOODY YEARS OF EATING RATICATES, I'M GONNA RETURN AND WREAK HAVOC AGAIN!!! GRRRRAAAAH! I'M LORD VOLDEMORT!" and then get stopped by Hibiki/Kotone - The Boy/Girl who lived...

That's really NOT how I imagined Sakaki after those three years. He became an idiot.

I mean, I always thought that Sakaki was listening to that Radio message somewhere on Bahamas and LAUGHED at Neo-TR's desperacy and idiocy, without any will to return.

But they made him "OMG! AFTER THREE BLOODY YEARS OF EATING RATICATES, I'M GONNA RETURN AND WREAK HAVOC AGAIN!!! GRRRRAAAAH! I'M LORD VOLDEMORT!" and then get stopped by Hibiki/Kotone - The Boy/Girl who lived...

That's really NOT how I imagined Sakaki after those three years. He became an idiot.

He's not an idiot. He doing exactly what he said he'd do. I don't think he ever had plans to give up on Team Rocket. He just needed to get better. He failed, but that's not the point.

Best part is that you can find his cave behind the first waterfall in the Tohjo Falls.

He's not an idiot. He doing exactly what he said he'd do. I don't think he ever had plans to give up on Team Rocket. He just needed to get better. He failed, but that's not the point.

Then I guess we have different interpretations of Giovanni's character.

"My" Giovanni would be aware that Apollo and co. are actually desperate weaklings and that Neo-TR is crap (that's why I'm glad that they didn't "enhance" Neo-TR too strongly in HGSS. They're supposed to be weaklings, desperately searching for Giovanni). So, pulling a Voldemort for them is completely out of character for him, IMO.

And that's why I always thought that Giovanni never returned to TR in Johto. He didn't want to work with weak idiots like Neo-TR.

I'm really disappointed how Giovanni came out here. Really, with his "OMG! I'LL RETURN AFTER THREE MOTHERFUCKASS YEARS!!!", he was just as desperate and pathetic as those bumbling villain wannabees from Neo-TR.

But instead of that, they made him pull a "OMG! AFTER THREE BLOODY YEARS OF EATING RATICATES, I'M GONNA RETURN AND WREAK HAVOC AGAIN!!! GRRRRAAAAH! I'M LORD VOLDEMORT!" and then get stopped by Hibiki/Kotone - The Boy/Girl who lived...

Originally I had the same depiction of Giovanni in my mind: laughing at Team Rocket's foolish attempts to make a comeback or not even knowing about them, living a relaxed life somewhere else, and thus, it was a bit hard too accept the new story, but since it's not a retcon but an expansion and explanation to an unfinished plot, I accepted it, and actually, I like it now. To be it different from what I had in mind doesn't mean it's bad, and you should learn that, too.

Though I must admit that your Voldemort analogy made me laugh real loud.

EDIT:

Then I guess we have different interpretations of Giovanni's character.

"My" Giovanni would be aware that Apollo and co. are actually desperate weaklings and that Neo-TR is crap (that's why I'm glad that they didn't "enhance" Neo-TR too strongly in HGSS. They're supposed to be weaklings, desperately searching for Giovanni). So, pulling a Voldemort for them is completely out of character for him, IMO.

And that's why I always thought that Giovanni never returned to TR in Johto. He didn't want to work with weak idiots like Neo-TR.

I'm really disappointed how Giovanni came out here. Really, with his "OMG! I'LL RETURN AFTER THREE MOTHERFUCKASS YEARS!!!", he was just as desperate and pathetic as his bumbling villain wannabees from Neo-TR.

You've got some point there: GSC were weaklings -and that's why they are searching for their boss again, so it fits. And according to what Giovanni said at the end of RGBY/FRLG, he really cares for his people, so it fits that when he heards of Team Rocket again, he wants to rejoin them. After all, they're using the name of the team he (probably) started and commanded, so why would he refuse to come back? After all, if they're weaklings, they'll be easier to control. Not to mention Gio had a big ego, and seeing how Johto's TR worships him is a hell lot of temptation for him. How could he resist to that?

Last edited:
I just like the fact we know what he was doing. Exactly what I've pictured him doing for 10 years. And he probably accepts that Apollo and Co. are weak. That's why he's the boss. He's still connected with Team Rocket and doesn't want them to be a big joke. It's his baby, in a way.

I just like the fact we know what he was doing. Exactly what I've pictured him doing for 10 years. And he probably accepts that Apollo and Co. are weak. That's why he's the boss. He's still connected with Team Rocket and doesn't want them to be a big joke. It's his baby, in a way.

This is what I wanted to say. You summarized well my previous post =)

I'm impressed that Sugimori art for Gym Leaders came out this soon. Guess they're making up for not having them in the manual right off. :p Either way, they're all great!! OMG Whitney looks so pretty and cute ~ <3333333 And hah, no lipstick! Just as I thought. :3

As for Giovanni's backstory... I must say I'm slightly disappointed, though it was being profiled to get there since FRLG. I liked Gio in 1st Gen, when he said he'd disband the Team and dedicate to research Pokémon. That was cool, and also made Team Rocket actually kind of an extremist but effective path to fulfill that approach (Getting all kinds of Pokémon for study).

Unfortunately, FRLG changed that to a lesser alternative, as was "disband to get stronger". This really left his former character in the dust. Then came HGSS, and with Giovanni appearing, I didn't really know what to expect. Now, while the event is good in and of itself, and the backstory is a very important expansion... yeah. I also preferred Giovanni firm in his decision of not going back to Team Rocket. Of course, given the change in character in FRLG, it was to be expected. He still seeks power, and his reformed Team would seem to be the perfect way to get even more of it. It's not bad, but I liked the Boss when he seemed to have some kind of morale deep within.

Oh well. At least we get confirmation that Silver is Gio's kid... as if we needed it, but yeah. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom