• Magnificent Entertainer barges into the Pastoria Gym, intent on getting his fifth Badge. Watch here as he chases some Team Galactic dingbat and yells at the police again.

Gold/Silver/Crystal batteries

Boring person
Reaction score
  • Staff
I'm just curious... I honestly think I have the LAST working copy of Pokémon Silver Version on the face of the earth (with an original battery). How is everyone else's batteries doing? I'm sorry if this has been flogged to death before, I'm just curious. :p

P.S. Because I keep hearing about all these ailing batteries, I sent all my good trained guys to Pokémon Stadium 2. If your battery works and you have the game... you should too!!

Aka: Sceptile
Reaction score
I checked my Silver not long ago, and it's battery still works. I've already played through it enough, though.

Level 98
Reaction score
I meant to buy a Silver with a replaced battery so I could send Quilava and some other treasures over but Crystal died before I could do so.

You're lucky ):

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
Mine's been dead for years. I had to get a new one.

Whats my age again?
Reaction score
My gold is still going good iirc, but my silver... well I had to replace the battery after it finally gave up sometime last year. (I got that game the week it came out in America mind you so it lasted a good amount of time and many play-throughs xD) If you have already transferred your pokes to your other game I might suggest replacing the battery now if you plan on playing it again that is. It could save you some headache later... the process is quite simple.

rewrites your life
Reaction score
My Gold forgot the time once, but at the moment it seems to work well. It's obviously very old and I suppose it'll go boom soon. I don't play it very often, though.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P
Reaction score
Silver is good, when i bought a used gen 2 game, i tried out all of them, they had a dead gold and dead crystal, but good silver.

Oh, and gen I games can die slower and gen III games have a similar issue:

Long live Haruka (May)!
Reaction score
My Silver and Gold can no longer save so I'll have to get a new battery for each. :<(

I hope the Pokemon GBA games don't have the same problem.

Good Bad Bug
Reaction score
I recently had all my Gen II batteries replaced, even though my Silver Version was working just fine. It's a lucky thing my friend was able to back up the save data before I changed the battery.

Reaction score
I recently had all my Gen II batteries replaced, even though my Silver Version was working just fine. It's a lucky thing my friend was able to back up the save data before I changed the battery.
where can you get new battery nintendo said they dont sell

Take the Stage!
Reaction score
Mine still work!

Is this my 1800th post? Geez! Well, good thing its in a thread about my favorite game ^^

Whats my age again?
Reaction score
where can you get new battery nintendo said they dont sell
Walgreens, or anywhere that sells watch batteries. Off the top of my head I think the size is a cr2025... you can google it to make sure, there are also various tutorials for the process as well.

aka Normal Trainer Kitsu!
Reaction score
as a walgreens trained monkey, I can confirm, that yes we do indeed sell them.

契約?
Reaction score
I actually just checked my games a few days ago. Crystal and Silver are in perfect working order, but sure enough, Gold came up with "new game".

Thankfully all my good pokemon are stored on Silver and Crystal.

some kind of madness
Reaction score
My Gold and 2 Crystals still work (last time I checked a month ago...). Silver died a year ago. I just take care of my games by storing them in a case thingy, lol.

Boring person
Reaction score
My Silver and Gold can no longer save so I'll have to get a new battery for each. :<(

I hope the Pokemon GBA games don't have the same problem.
GBA clock & save batteries are seperated, so they'll ideally last longer.

Reaction score
My gold and silver I got when they came to the us are dead, but my crystal I got when it came to the us is still alive

Where the Shadows lie
Reaction score
I used to have all three of the games, though I can't even find them to check if the batteries are still alive or dead.