• NMLewis departs for Dewford Island. Watch here as he sails the seas with an old seadog and his pet seagull.

Gold/Silver/Crystal batteries

Reaction score
I had all three of them, but I can't find Silver and Crystal. Gold worked just fine a few weeks ago though.

PKMN Veteran
Reaction score
My Silver's original battery still works. I won't be terribly upset if it dies, though. I made a lot of mistakes in raising my main team in my last run (most notably, I didn't use HM slaves >.<). I still don't want to restart it for nothing, so I guess you could say, I'm waiting for it to die.

EDIT: Oh, also my Crystal died a month or two ago.

Last edited:
追放されたバカ
Reaction score
My brother showed me how to replace the batteries a few years ago. (Before we had Internet at home) Of course, I've played Gen. II to the bone for years and years, so it's not like I'm panicking to save them anymore. Seriously, after getting a full Dex and a Lv. 100 team, there is NOTHING to do. (Thank God for Gen 3-4)

Rising Fate
Reaction score
Mine still works and I got it the day it came out. and all the other gen 2 games

Finally has Platinum ^^
Reaction score
My Crystal works fine but Gold and Silver both erased their save files.

Reaction score
I don't own a Gold, Crystal, or Silver..Yet.

I bought Silver online yesterday, it should be coming within a few days. I made sure it was collectible/the battery was working. I'm going to buy Crystal(and Yellow) soon, 'make sure the battery either is new, or it works.

Edit: My Emerald battery is more or less gone, I can't activate time events.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Surprisingly, my gold still works; has my old team on there and everything.
My crystal however is long dead.

the future is not written
Reaction score
My silver and gold, as of now, work fine. Hopefully they will stay that way for a while yet.

Level 98
Reaction score
I don't own a Gold, Crystal, or Silver..Yet.

I bought Silver online yesterday, it should be coming within a few days. I made sure it was collectible/the battery was working. I'm going to buy Crystal(and Yellow) soon, 'make sure the battery either is new, or it works.
You don't really need to worry about Yellow, Gen II dies early because of the time feature, which Gen I didn't have.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P
Reaction score
Gen Is have died, though, as i have seen a dead red. Gen IIIs have died as well. But gen I has no clock and III has flash saves, the battery is for the clock.

Descending into madness
Reaction score
My Silver and Crystal are both dead. My Gold still saves, but I have to reset the clock every time I turn it on. Very annoying.

Boring person
Reaction score
Gen Is have died, though, as i have seen a dead red. Gen IIIs have died as well. But gen I has no clock and III has flash saves, the battery is for the clock.
I have seen dead Generation I games, but I gather this is largely due to defective/damaged batteries. Save batteries, when properly taken care of and are not in the Generation II games, can last for decades. :D (I have the two 1980s Zelda games, perfect batteries!)

I lost my copy of Ruby ( :'( ) so I had to buy another one used. The clock battery's already died, but I emailed Nintendo and they said for sure Generation III uses flash memory soo yeah. I guess they just used a really crappy battery because the saved file doesn't depend on it anymore?

My Silver and Crystal are both dead. My Gold still saves, but I have to reset the clock every time I turn it on. Very annoying.
It's gonna die soon then. :p

Nidhogg
Reaction score
Only my Crystal still working, 'cause I replaced the battery few months ago. All my Gen I and Gold/Silver games are dead now =/
Ah, of course, my Gen III are all working fine.

Long live Haruka (May)!
Reaction score
My friend's Crystal died about a week ago. My G/S saves once again, since I replaced the batteries.

total eclipse of the heart
Reaction score
Last I checked my Crystal, it was alive...that was over 1 year and 8 monthes ago. I'm almost afraid to go check my Crystal. ._.; Will years of hard work really be kaput?

Coolsprout!
Reaction score
All of my games still work. Lucky me.=) Although I'm kinda afraid to check my Gold cart...

Flower Power
Reaction score
I have a working Gold, Silver, and Crystal as of the last time I checked. Maybe a month ago. I suspect Crystal will hang on for a while, but I suppose I ought to migrate more stuff to Pokemon Stadium 2, where there are no batteries to kill.

Boring person
Reaction score
I suppose I ought to migrate more stuff to Pokemon Stadium 2, where there are no batteries to kill.
Do it do it do it do it. Mine are all chillin' in the Stadium boxes.