• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold/Silver/Crystal batteries

I'm just curious... I honestly think I have the LAST working copy of Pokémon Silver Version on the face of the earth (with an original battery). How is everyone else's batteries doing? I'm sorry if this has been flogged to death before, I'm just curious. :p

P.S. Because I keep hearing about all these ailing batteries, I sent all my good trained guys to Pokémon Stadium 2. If your battery works and you have the game... you should too!!

I checked my Silver not long ago, and it's battery still works. I've already played through it enough, though.

I meant to buy a Silver with a replaced battery so I could send Quilava and some other treasures over but Crystal died before I could do so.

You're lucky ):

Mine's been dead for years. I had to get a new one.

My gold is still going good iirc, but my silver... well I had to replace the battery after it finally gave up sometime last year. (I got that game the week it came out in America mind you so it lasted a good amount of time and many play-throughs xD) If you have already transferred your pokes to your other game I might suggest replacing the battery now if you plan on playing it again that is. It could save you some headache later... the process is quite simple.

My Gold forgot the time once, but at the moment it seems to work well. It's obviously very old and I suppose it'll go boom soon. I don't play it very often, though.

Silver is good, when i bought a used gen 2 game, i tried out all of them, they had a dead gold and dead crystal, but good silver.

Oh, and gen I games can die slower and gen III games have a similar issue:
Ruby-Sapphire-1.png
Ruby-Sapphire-2.png

My Silver and Gold can no longer save so I'll have to get a new battery for each. :<(

I hope the Pokemon GBA games don't have the same problem.

I recently had all my Gen II batteries replaced, even though my Silver Version was working just fine. It's a lucky thing my friend was able to back up the save data before I changed the battery.

where can you get new battery nintendo said they dont sell

Mine still work!

Is this my 1800th post? Geez! Well, good thing its in a thread about my favorite game ^^

where can you get new battery nintendo said they dont sell

Walgreens, or anywhere that sells watch batteries. Off the top of my head I think the size is a cr2025... you can google it to make sure, there are also various tutorials for the process as well.

I actually just checked my games a few days ago. Crystal and Silver are in perfect working order, but sure enough, Gold came up with "new game".

Thankfully all my good pokemon are stored on Silver and Crystal.

My Gold and 2 Crystals still work (last time I checked a month ago...). Silver died a year ago. I just take care of my games by storing them in a case thingy, lol.

My gold and silver I got when they came to the us are dead, but my crystal I got when it came to the us is still alive

I used to have all three of the games, though I can't even find them to check if the batteries are still alive or dead.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom