• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold/Silver/Crystal batteries

I had all three of them, but I can't find Silver and Crystal. Gold worked just fine a few weeks ago though.

My Silver's original battery still works. I won't be terribly upset if it dies, though. I made a lot of mistakes in raising my main team in my last run (most notably, I didn't use HM slaves >.<). I still don't want to restart it for nothing, so I guess you could say, I'm waiting for it to die.

EDIT: Oh, also my Crystal died a month or two ago.

Last edited:
My brother showed me how to replace the batteries a few years ago. (Before we had Internet at home) Of course, I've played Gen. II to the bone for years and years, so it's not like I'm panicking to save them anymore. Seriously, after getting a full Dex and a Lv. 100 team, there is NOTHING to do. (Thank God for Gen 3-4)

I don't own a Gold, Crystal, or Silver..Yet.

I bought Silver online yesterday, it should be coming within a few days. I made sure it was collectible/the battery was working. I'm going to buy Crystal(and Yellow) soon, 'make sure the battery either is new, or it works.

Edit: My Emerald battery is more or less gone, I can't activate time events.

Last edited:
Surprisingly, my gold still works; has my old team on there and everything.
My crystal however is long dead.

My silver and gold, as of now, work fine. Hopefully they will stay that way for a while yet.

I don't own a Gold, Crystal, or Silver..Yet.

I bought Silver online yesterday, it should be coming within a few days. I made sure it was collectible/the battery was working. I'm going to buy Crystal(and Yellow) soon, 'make sure the battery either is new, or it works.

You don't really need to worry about Yellow, Gen II dies early because of the time feature, which Gen I didn't have.

Gen Is have died, though, as i have seen a dead red. Gen IIIs have died as well. But gen I has no clock and III has flash saves, the battery is for the clock.

My Silver and Crystal are both dead. My Gold still saves, but I have to reset the clock every time I turn it on. Very annoying.

Gen Is have died, though, as i have seen a dead red. Gen IIIs have died as well. But gen I has no clock and III has flash saves, the battery is for the clock.
I have seen dead Generation I games, but I gather this is largely due to defective/damaged batteries. Save batteries, when properly taken care of and are not in the Generation II games, can last for decades. :D (I have the two 1980s Zelda games, perfect batteries!)

I lost my copy of Ruby ( :'( ) so I had to buy another one used. The clock battery's already died, but I emailed Nintendo and they said for sure Generation III uses flash memory soo yeah. I guess they just used a really crappy battery because the saved file doesn't depend on it anymore?

My Silver and Crystal are both dead. My Gold still saves, but I have to reset the clock every time I turn it on. Very annoying.
It's gonna die soon then. :p

Only my Crystal still working, 'cause I replaced the battery few months ago. All my Gen I and Gold/Silver games are dead now =/
Ah, of course, my Gen III are all working fine.

My friend's Crystal died about a week ago. My G/S saves once again, since I replaced the batteries.

Last I checked my Crystal, it was alive...that was over 1 year and 8 monthes ago. I'm almost afraid to go check my Crystal. ._.; Will years of hard work really be kaput?

All of my games still work. Lucky me.=) Although I'm kinda afraid to check my Gold cart...

I have a working Gold, Silver, and Crystal as of the last time I checked. Maybe a month ago. I suspect Crystal will hang on for a while, but I suppose I ought to migrate more stuff to Pokemon Stadium 2, where there are no batteries to kill.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom