• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold/Silver Love Letter (Easter Egg)

VioletFlashlight

Reaction score
Has anybody herd about this easter egg? I've searched high and low on the internet to see if someone has taken a screenshot of this love letter but I can't seem to find it. I would take a screenshot of it myself but sadly my silver version's internal battery died when I was 13. (Which was around 4 years ago)
But maybe I should start from the begining in case this is a rather unknown thing.

Okay. Once upon a time when I was eight, I used to play my silver version all the time. One day, I got Lass Dana's phone number. (She's located on Route 38) I would call her often on my cellphone and whenever she would call me and challenge me to a battle I would accept. After doing this for an extended period of time. (Can't quite remember how many battles I beat her in or how many times I called her) I noticed that my Lugia was holding a piece of mail. (I also can't remember if he was already holding the mail after I loaded the last save file or if he was holding it after I took him out of the PC) When I examined the mail it was in the Portait style and it was about Dana professing her love to me. Did anybody else have this happen to them while playing Gen. II? Hm. This makes me also wonder if you can do the same in the remakes.

Also, If anybody still has a functioning Gold/Silver Version can you try and get a screenshot of this love letter? If you can't you can always type it manually.

edit: Haha. Just noticed that the topic title is a little misleading. Sorry for all you yoai fans. No, it has nothing to do with the Red Headed Rival professing his love to Gold. :p

Last edited:
edit: Haha. Just noticed that the topic title is a little misleading. Sorry for all you yoai fans. No, it has nothing to do with the Red Headed Rival professing his love to Silver. :p

But the red-headed rival is named Silver.

Wut...

This seems like it is impossible...have you thought about if it was your imagination, @VioletFlashlight;? Since Bulbapedia has nothing on this...it seems like a dream, or a childhood misconception...I call for the skeptic's right to proof!

Wut...

This seems like it is impossible...have you thought about if it was your imagination, @VioletFlashlight;? Since Bulbapedia has nothing on this...it seems like a dream, or a childhood misconception...I call for the skeptic's right to proof!

Hey I can't blame you for being skeptical. In fact I had a feeling someone would call me out on making it all up in my little 3rd grader head. But think about it... I specifically remember it being Lass Dana on Route 38, and I specifically remembered the mail being Portrait mail. Those details would have been more obscured if it were all a dream. For example, I would say it was on route 38 but the girls name would have been different. Besides, the technique to unlocking the love letter seems plausible within and of itself. It's not as silly sounding as it could sound. If I told you to run between Azelea town and Goldenrod City and use a repel every 25 steps to make a Celebei appear. You'd know I'd lieng because that just sounds ridiculous.

Anyway, getting back to the point. I would gladly give you proof if my internal battery hadn't died. I guess I'll have to try and recreate it using SoulSilver, it might work seeing that the creators tried so hard to mimic the original.

Last edited:
edit: Haha. Just noticed that the topic title is a little misleading. Sorry for all you yoai fans. No, it has nothing to do with the Red Headed Rival professing his love to Silver. :p

But the red-headed rival is named Silver.

Whoopsie. :p That's my fault. I never read the mangas and I guess i got the two confused.

This is interesting. I actually vaguely remember getting a letter from one of the hikers in Gold and Silver telling me something along the lines of "You're a really good trainer" once. I think it was on a Scyther of mine that I was going to trade evolve with a friend. It might have just been my imagination though.

Huh… I recall people mentioning something similar a LONG time ago on the Gold and Silver forums at GameFAQs (back when I was a regular there). I've never encountered it myself, but I know a few users mentioned mysterious mail appearing on their Pokémon. It definitely warrants being looked into. Sadly, I don't have my old cartridges, so I can't do this myself.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom