• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gold: The Life Of A DJ

---

Get the cool shoeshine!
Reaction score
Inspired by Topaz's idea of a blog story, I'd thought to make my own.

First Entry!

Entry 1: The Introductions (1 December 2011)
Hey there, Riters! It’s me Gold Hart, or as you may know me best, as DJ Hartbreak. Through this blog, I shall picture (no pun intended) my monthly life. Odd. Anyways, to say, tonight is a very special night, I’m going to the Goldenrod Stadium to perform! The Goldenrod Stadium! But, I have to prepare my setlist. Hope the people like it. They’ll be off my new album, Electrify . It got number 1 on the OliPort Top 20! I managed to get the likes of Arias and Waterfall on my album! Fingers crossed! Hope this works out. Rumor on the street is that this new studio is looking for its new artist! See you later! The concert will start at 7:00 pm. But come at 6 for extra lols!

I love the overall concept, but not my type of tYpe of story. Still I think the idea is fresh and original but I don't know how far character development will go like this. I think the twist on the character Gold is original enough to get a consistent flow of storylines.

This is my type of writing, so I guess there is a large difference as far as what I like

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=98891

and I totally understand if you were to have improper spelling, considering you're writing AS a character. Review.

Don't PM advertise. Please.

Ok. OK.
Anyways, in case you were wondering what was his setlist in the real world, here it is. And to wingull's question, i am writing as Gold.

1. DARE (Junior Sanchez Remix) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjTbmGPW4eE
2. Written In The Stars by Tinie Tempah
3. Where Is The Love by The Black Eyed Peas
4. I Remember by Deadmau5
5. Hands by The Ting Tings
6. Shining Down by Lupe Fiasco
7. Feel Good Inc Re!Mix here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJwVKlF7bUw&feature=related
8. Robot Rock by Daft Punk
9. Da Funk by Daft Punk
ENCORE
1. Rock That Body by The Black Eyed Peas
2. Imma Be by The Black Eyed Peas

Last edited:
You have a good start here, but there could be so much more.

What spurred Gold to become a DJ? Who are these other artists and what are they like? Does he have a particular mix he likes? Why does he like this mix? How did he get his big break? Does he have any fangirl horror stories?

Details like these make the character come alive--you have potential if you give us more detail.

Doesn't seem like you have much of a story here yet. You just have Gold introducing himself. I'll come back when the next chapter/blog entry is out.

hmmmm
An interesting premise, but as others have stated not much too it yet.
On the other hand, great playlist, i was like omg Daft Punk yayz
With this being a blog style fic, you can get away with not perfect grammar/spelling, but unless it's intentional you should still be looking out for it, if you know what I mean.
I'll try and check back when you update.

The new entry!

Entry 2: Anything Please (2 December 2011)
Hi, friend! So how are you doing? I’ve been making tracks on the fly. And I’m being inspired by the lights of…… Viridian City! Yes, I’m coming to Kanto! Happy to stop by. Considering it’s raining, this is a good time for me to assemble tracks. Just gazing outside at plants gives me inspiration. You just need that mentality to think big in a small space. I’ve been designing flyers and posters too. Lots of creativity needed to do just that. Obviously. And by the way, who’s going to my gig later? Will debut a lot of new tracks.

Last edited:
Much to short. Blog posts, and in general fics on this site, cannot be that short and prosper. What you have is good, and would be a great start to the second entry, but shouldn't be it all together.

(Also I can't see how this is linked to the first post in anyway?)

Anyways, the reason my first story is for one simple reason: They don't usually have to be relevant. Anyways, Setlist: Take 2

WARMUP
1.The Catalyst by Linkin Park
2. Faxing Berlin and Not Exactly by Deadmau5
MAIN LIST
1. Da Funk by Daft Punk
2. Television Rules The Nation by Daft Punk
3. Firestarter by The Prodigy
4. Song 2 by Blur
5. Oxygene Part IV by Jean Michel Jarre
6. Love The Way You Lie by Eminem feat Rihanna
7. Ruckzack by Daft Punk
which slowly segued into
8. Dirty Harry by Gorillaz
ENCORE
1. This Is Halloween by Marilyn Manson
2. Love Is Gone by David Guetta
3. Club Can't Handle Me by David Guetta
4. Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

As you observe, there is a fair amount of Daft Punk. And this playlist is techno and rock-centered.
NEXT CHAPTER

To all future readers, I am going to write this like a real blog, which ALL POSTS ARE UNRELATED TO EACH OTHER.
Entry 3: The Tour (4 December 2011)

Hi, guys! So, yes, the Viridian concert was particularly electrifying, well, probably ‘cause it was open air and that it was a holiday and all, but still, I feel I could get more people. Anyways, how have you been doing? If you’re doing well, I’m impressed. I’m freezing my eyeballs out, though I’m wearing probably 4 layers of clothing! Thank Arceus, I’m going to Hoenn, warm Hoenn next. I’m expecting a lot more people. Don’t let me down guys. Remember, I’ll be in Sootopolis City by the 6th. Don’t be late. Truly will be good, truly good. I have hired the best visual effect artist. Don't worry. Signing off, the Hartbreak.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom