• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Golden Boys?

NeoKING

空前絶後
Reaction score
Can someone please explain what this manga was really about? And I heard it ends on a serious cliff hanger? Pikachu is from another Generation or something?

I have volume 1 of this, Chuang Yi English, it pretty much is just a straight adaptation of Pocket Monster Gold & Silver. The main character is Gold, he starts witha totodile, etc. etc.

its really good actually, the art is good, they got the game pretty well represented. its tied with Special for my favourite pokemon manga!

as far as the cliff hanger goes, I'm not sure, I haven't read all of it yet.. but I have heard it ended abruptly... lol

They basically cobbled together an ending where the climatic battle is a Tyranitar that had been sealed away. Black undid the seal so that he could try to capture it.

Pikachu turns out to be Eusine's, from the past. It had been caught up in Bill's time travel experiment.

They basically cobbled together an ending where the climatic battle is a Tyranitar that had been sealed away. Black undid the seal so that he could try to capture it.

Pikachu turns out to be Eusine's, from the past. It had been caught up in Bill's time travel experiment.

. . . .
. . . .
W H A T .

Wow. Guess my vote for best Gen II manga would be the GSC saga of Adventures, then.

Well, Bill's time travel experiment IS second gen canon for the games. He gives you a pokemon that was caught up in it.

But that's why we have Pikachu Out Of Nowhere in the first volume.

The problem, I think, is that the series was ended before the mangaka had planned. I think it was executive meddling that caused the whole Black Tyranitar deal. As a subplot it would have been fine, but not the final boss. And then we're left with Team Rocket still out there (the last we see of them, Grey is running a semi-legit ferrying business since TR has the only ship that can get through the whirlpools...aaaaand then tries to run Gold and Crystal into said whirlpools with said ship).

Well, Bill's time travel experiment IS second gen canon for the games. He gives you a pokemon that was caught up in it.

But that's why we have Pikachu Out Of Nowhere in the first volume.

The problem, I think, is that the series was ended before the mangaka had planned. I think it was executive meddling that caused the whole Black Tyranitar deal. As a subplot it would have been fine, but not the final boss. And then we're left with Team Rocket still out there (the last we see of them, Grey is running a semi-legit ferrying business since TR has the only ship that can get through the whirlpools...aaaaand then tries to run Gold and Crystal into said whirlpools with said ship).

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom