• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Goldenkarp they be driven me mad.

-Luster Purge-

Formerly sirphish
Reaction score
I know the Masuda method lowers the odds. But even with my jpn feebas (erm oh yeah level 96 milotic now) and level 74 gyrados. Ive gone through near 400+karps with no gold.Should I press on or surrender with the odds against me? Was wondering if anyone has had decent luck with the masuda method?

It's not going to be easy. But at least with the Masuda Method you can have them learn egg moves and TMs with your perfered nature and stuff.

I'd say go on till you finally have one. Or if you don't want to wait anymore you can give up if you want.

Technically, Goldenkarp are just Shiny Magikarp so they're not really useful. IMO Trying to get Shinies is just a Waste of Time. Sure, they may be rare but they arent better fighters. And some of them arent even good looking. You're better off looking for pokerus. It may be Rarer but at least its worthwhile.

Technically, Goldenkarp are just Shiny Magikarp so they're not really useful. IMO Trying to get Shinies is just a Waste of Time. Sure, they may be rare but they arent better fighters. And some of them arent even good looking. You're better off looking for pokerus. It may be Rarer but at least its worthwhile.

Well my shiny sableye is pretty useful, but then again it was lv50 when I caught it so I just EV trained it right. Sometimes shinies can be good if you find a right natured one, never easy though.

I was told however you'd find a shiny garaydos in R/S/E if you fished in the darker water (area where you dive) to get out of sootopolis, more than 50 times you could get one, but I suppose thats general, just like I was told if you walked around for an hour on the desert area in R/S/E you'd find a shiny green trapinch

It's not going to be easy. But at least with the Masuda Method you can have them learn egg moves and TMs with your perfered nature and stuff.

I'd say go on till you finally have one. Or if you don't want to wait anymore you can give up if you want.

Actually you can't get preferred natures. If you use an everstone, the Masuda method does not work because they both effect the PID of the pokemon. I think the same goes for RNG, but at least with RNG you can tell which nature your pokemon is going to be and SR accordingly.

Your Feebas evolved into Militoc right? It will restore back to it's english name and not consider foregin anymore.

Your Feebas evolved into Militoc right? It will restore back to it's english name and not consider foregin anymore.

That doesn't sound right at all. The OT should determine whether or not it's foreign.

I got a japanese feebas of GTS and its name never changed language when it evolved.

I got a japanese feebas of GTS and its name never changed language when it evolved.

Japaneese people nickname their pokemon too:for example, I have two Japaneese Alakazam from the GTS. For both, I origonally got them both as Kadabras. The first one evolved, and it still had the same name as when it was a Kadabra. The second one I got eveolved, but had its Japaneese name changed to it's english name when it evolved:Alakazam.

The first Kadabra was nicknamed, the other one was not. I consider that to be proof.

Not really about wanting a red gyrados. was simply my cousin wanted a golden magikarp as lame as it is to me, team rocket had one in one episode and he has a rocket box. However the idea alone that the most useless pokemon is golden amused me.

Not really about wanting a red gyrados. was simply my cousin wanted a golden magikarp as lame as it is to me, team rocket had one in one episode and he has a rocket box. However the idea alone that the most useless pokemon is golden amused me.

team rocket never had a golden magikarp. There was a trainer who had it in a flashback and traded it for a charmeleon tough.

Use RNG abuse for this, seriously. It will make your life infinitely less stressful.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom