• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Good Anime... Bad Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the NHK had a very underwhelming ending. Apart from the ending, the anime is easily 9/10.
Spoiler warning:
The ending felt abrupt. There was no resolution to either main character's story. We know that Sato is forced to go out to get money but we still don't know what he does after that. The "romance" was awkward as fu*k, with them signing a contract to not commit suicide. Imo, they should've added a couple of episodes and showed us what happens to them in the future.

Ao no Exorcist had a very underwhelming ending as it had taken an original approach since they had caught up with the manga by that time. The build was okay, but they wrapped it up rather badly.

Aldnoah Zero had a very bad ending. Bad as in leaving a really bad taste. I didn't like the way things turned out and
Slaine should have died!! He deserved to die beautifully!! ;_;

For me, the somewhat recent Parasyte comes to mind. This anime had a few problems, but I'll focus on the conclusion...
The series was at its best during the middle. After Shin'ichi had gotten over his exaggerated personality changes, there was a lot of buildup in the story for some serious widespread confrontation with the parasytes. Tamura Reiko's (the only good character in the whole show) story was excellent as well. Everything culminated in the raid on the town hall, which was the high point in the series. Things went seriously down hill from there.

For one, the focus of the plot shifted from "stop the parasytes from taking over the world" to "go find Gotou and kill him." These may seem inherently connected, and while it's true that Gotou would have had to have been dealt with at some point, shifting the climax from a global war to a 1-on-1 "boss fight" was seriously disappointing, and a total cop-out. Also, Shin'ichi letting Gotou live, if only for that instant, was even more stupid and forced "development." But hey, at least after this point, he was completely out of the picture.

Unfortunately, it didn't get any better. The next part is dedicated to literally explaining the show's themes (you know, in case you weren't actually watching the entire time), and it does so in such a plain and dogmatic fashion that it makes an unnecessary episode become a downright offensive one.

Following that, we get another needless subplot (hey, this series is ending in about 10 minutes, do we really need to introduce more plots)? The murderer Uragami, who the police had enlisted the help of before, returned and decided to kidnap Satomi. At this point, with her being such a sorry excuse for a character, I would have been fine if they had just killed her. Either way, this entire bit made no sense. It seemed like an elaborate setup for Satomi to deliver a single line, and to show Migi was still watching out for Shin'ichi. This being crammed into the final minutes and not being well thought-out left an already bad taste even worse.

And to wrap things all off, they finally address the overarching conflict of the entire series timeline...you know, the parasytes slaughtering humanity and usurping them as the planet's dominant lifeforms. Turns out, rather than human flesh, the parasytes decided to just start eating normal food! Well, that's awfully convenient. It's a good thing that this completely resolved itself off-screen so we could watch our crappy boss fight instead.

Hikaru no Go suddently jump to my mind. Great story, great development, but at the end..

The end is totally one huge dot dropped to stained all the whole series. It's 'perfect' but.... really depresing.

Soul Eater. The ending actually ruined the whole thing for me, it was pathetic.

I know the manga is different but I can't bring myself to read it as I can't stand a certain main character.

Tokyo Ghoul had a very poor second season and the final nail in the coffin was the terrible ending.

Came here to post Panty and Stocking. This will be forgiven if they ever come out with a season two.

Black Lagoon also. It just sorta ended (back when it was only S1 and second barrage) without the explosive climax that you would expect from a show like this. This was helped later on by the OVA, but there was a major time gap there.

Cowboy Bebop. The ending was... Okay I'm kidding. Couldn't keep that going with a straight face. Talk about the perfect ending.

And finally I think my last choice would be Neon Genesis Evangelion. End of Evangelion makes it all better but still. Honorable mention to Berzerk, but that one had issues due to the manga not ending.

I remember being disappointed by the ending of Glass Mask. It's been probably six years since I watched through it, so I don't remember exactly why. I remember it being something about it not having the conclusion it should have. It was an open-ending in a series that really shouldn't have had one.

The ending to Blue Exorcist was pretty bad. Most of the ideas in the last few episodes weren't bad, but they just didn't fit with what they had already established. It was still a relatively decent and enjoyable series, in spite of the main cast being full of bland characters, but those last few episodes were pretty bad from what I remember.

Referring to A Wakening of the Trailblazer as the ending of Gundam 00, I'd say that fits "good anime, bad ending" for me. The regular series ended fine in season 2 and I don't think the movie was really necessary at all. But we got a movie, and it was overall pretty disappointing. The other Gundam Meisters did almost nothing important and were there mainly just to have the group together again and essentially be Setsuna's cheerleaders. The epilogue part was awful, just awful. Anti-climactic in the final fight, and then the actual last part was just "blah" to me. And why they even tried to ship tease the two Setsuna-related ships is beyond me, it was just needless romance intrigue (which, to be fair, already started in late season 2 with one of them, but still).

I hated the ending of Angel beats the show was enjoyable but it was so rushed and they didnt properly build up all the charecters. Honestly if the show was 26 episodes or longer id tots be fine and most of my problems with the show would go.

I hated the ending of Angel beats the show was enjoyable but it was so rushed and they didnt properly build up all the charecters. Honestly if the show was 26 episodes or longer id tots be fine and most of my problems with the show would go.
I watched the first episode of that when I was 8. I liked the pokemon anime so I wanted to see what other animes there were. Boy, were my parents surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom