• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Good-Bye Dento and Iris thread: Will miss you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, why are you guys so spiteful?

Iris, Dent, you guys were awesome. I loved the group you formed with Satoshi and the friendship that blossomed between you. Iris, it seems like a ton of people might have found you annoying, but I genuinely enjoyed your antics, especially when paired with how over-the-top crazy Dent could get sometimes. Dent, never, ever change. Good luck on your goals. It kinda sucks that you had to go, but friends have to go their separate ways sometimes. I'll miss the two of you, but I'm sure this is gonna be the start of something just as awesome.

I have a feeling that iris will prob come back as a cameo at some point since they always give the girl of the group. I would love to see her outfit.

I liked them a bit, so I will miss them a bit. I sorta Hope the blonde trio can impress me as ash's traveling companions.

I'm going to miss you guys.

The BW trio had some great interactions and they truly felt like a family to me.

I stopped caring as much for Ash traveling companions ever since end of Hoenn after realizing how whoever comes in cast be it female or male companion they will end up discarded unfinished and abandoned like they never existed or have been important in first place unfortunately. Since writers only care for marketing and not investing in stable, continuity based cast where they build on characters, stories and plot.

So both Iris and Cilan leaving was inevitable not feeling much bothered by it. However i still wish they were kept for longer because i enjoyed in their characters individually and they had lot of energy, spunk and endearing moments making things more enjoyable. Such level of life in cast we didn't had since OS, but thats of course just my opinion.

And i feel they had room left to be done more. Especially Cilan who wasn't build up for anything sadly with very little being done about his connisseur career, character itself or background. But Iris as well liking her sarcastic, wild nature and orientation toward paranormal being unique character which had lot of potential and very interesting premise behind story,.

You are not my favorite characters, but i still appreciate what you Iris and Cilan brought to anime and in better world where writers care more about their creations and quality of story you wouldn't be leaving with usd being able to continue enjoying in your presence and see you taken in new directions advancing stories. But since this wasn't meant to happen ill cherish memories and good moments you had when you were around and hope that you will be kept alive in some form in future.

Last edited:
It's been a...interesting ride to say the least. At least among the fandom. So all I'll say is "good luck" to you and go out there and have fun pursuing your dreams.

Hopefully this is a permenant goodbye to the BW version of Ash though. :p

Last edited:
You'll both be missed by a big part of the anime fandom, don't listen to the extremely bitter negative haters :sweatlol: *Seriously, I can see why you wouldn't like either Cilan or Iris or both, but some people are really overly spiteful.*

Iris, I didn't initially like you, but you won me over with your cool backstory and became more and more likeable as episodes passed. Cilan, I liked you from the beginning, you were awesome, did a good job in replacing Brock. Honestly, I'll miss your Evaluation Times!

To end: you both didn't reach your full potential, but that's the writers to blame. Best wishes, and hopefully Serena, Clemont and Bonnie will make good replacements!

*This feels kind of silly, talking to fictional characters :lol:*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom