• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Good day everyone

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Hello.
I usually don't post into introduction threads, but I once registered to a Website and people got a little mad when they found out I didn't.
I'm not good at this kind of stuff but I'll try my best.
My name is Toby, I'm 23, male and married. I joined Bulbagarden because I thought it could be useful to have a community around when BD/SP are released.
I have difficulties in terms of social behavior (you may notice that I tend to be socially awkward) and my english could seem a little weird sometimes since I'm not a native speaker. Sometimes I tend to overexplain things or to give away way more information than most people consider necessary.
Well, that's about it I guess, so thank you for reading and have a good day everyone.

Yo! What's your favorite part of Pokemon?
When it comes to in-game content the answer would be the lore (that's why especially D/P/PT and G/S/C/HG/SS are considered my favorite), followed by the weakness system - the feeling when you send in a Pokémon with the right move to do severe damage is really satisfying, but I also like it when the enemy surprises me while I already thought the fight was a safe bet (like using a fire-type against a grass-type but then the grass type attacks with a rock/ground-type move). Then there would be the "extra"-stuff, like the underground exploration. I also like the thought of completing the Pokedex, even though I only managed to reach that point in Let's Go Eevee (however, BD/SP should really be limited to the original D/P/PT Dex I will definitely go for it).
When it comes to the overall franchise it's only the games. I really tried to watch the anime, but shortly after starting the Johto Arc I broke up. I liked some of the first few movies though.
And if it would be about the Pokémon universe as a whole, the answer would be that I prefer to dream of living in worlds where everything is possible and there is a place for everyone, even though knowing it will never be reality and I will never be there. It's kind of ironic that these things that make me feel this indescribable feeling of joy and peace are also the things the make me sad, considering it will never become reality.

Edit: Just realized that I forgot to ask you what about you, so... What about you?

Last edited:
Hi there, and welcome! I like your profile picture! I sometimes watch Star Trek (I've only ever watched The Original and Animated Series though so my knowledge is pretty limited).
To be honest, I don't now anything about actual Star Trek. The reason I chose this picture is due to a german parody dub of Star Trek called Sinnlos Im Weltall (which roughly translates to Pointless In Space). Especially Picard is fantastic there, in one scene he explains a woman why simple coffee without any sugar and/or milk is the best and it was hilarious. Also I love Avery Bullock from American Dad and keeping these two characters in mind I just loved the picture.

I see! Lore is fun to do deep dives in.
And it's pretty frustrating when the right matchup happens and I still get KO'd :/ but it does make everything interesting.
And as for the "new world" thing, I understand you. I honestly feel the same way. I wish that I was able to live in the Pokemon world as well--but I look forwards to the future. VR will bring us something amazing like it soon~!!!

My favorite part is probably the music. I love the music of Pokémon, especially of the anime in Japan. A lot of it really speaks to me and makes me honestly feel so much emotion. "Mezase Pokemon Master", the first opening, gives me so much nostalgia.
Other than the music, I'd say the anime. As a kid, BW and XY were my most-watched series, but I watched a lot of all regions.
I actually look up to Ash from the XYZ arc of Pokémon, those qualities that he has are ones that I greatly admire.
Mm other than that I like the fandom. (except for pokemon twitter w, those guys suck)
Everyone here is pretty nice.

Thanks for the question! I hope you make this place your own~!
Now that you mention it, the music of course too. In fact, the music has a lot of impact on me - when I got Pokémon Blue from my wife I immediately burst into tears as soon as the intro music started (Pallet Town is kinda difficult even today). And to be honest the same thing happened when I saw the first footage of BD/SP and it will definitely happen again as soon as I boot up the game the first time.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom