• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Good job stifling the competition Microsoft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Zubat

Have a pancake.
Reaction score
Right, so I'm trying to uninstall internet explorer 7 (I'm using chrome now) in my ongoing attempt to maximise my computer's memory. So, search for the uninstall program in windows explorer but there isn't one. Huh, undeterred I go to programs & features to get rid there but it doesn't appear. Clicked "show hidden files" and it still doesn't appear.

Now at this point I start to get a little frustrated so I open the command prompt, change directory to "program files" and ask it to list the directory. Now IE does appear so I try to execute the remove directory (both rd & rmdir variations) command and I get a long list of access denied. Same thing happens with deltree. I already tried taking ownership of the program but I already own it. As a last resort I exited command prompt, reopened and typed "wmic" and then "product where name ="Internet Explorer" uninstall" and it still fails.

I really just want rid of the damn thing, can someone please tell me how?

Internet Explorer is kind of a built-in component of Windows. It is not easy to remove it, at least the older versions.

But how does that relate to memory at all? If you're talking about hard drive space, that's hardly the best place to start. And its existence should not prevent you from using Chrome at all.

(There's a whole Wikipedia article on this thing, by the way.)

Last edited:
Internet Explorer is kind of a built-in component of Windows. It is not easy to remove it, at least the older versions.

But how does that relate to memory at all? If you're talking about hard drive space, that's hardly the best place to start. And its existence should not prevent you from using Chrome at all.

(There's a whole Wikipedia article on this thing, by the way.)

I meant space, you know what I meant. It just seemed like the easiest place to start, then it sort of became a challenge and now its just getting on my nerves that they're trying to force me to keep it.

And I know I can still use chrome, but the fact that they don't provide an easy to access uninstaller isn't helpful and it doesn't send the best message.

Thanks for the link btw, I hadn't thought to check wikipedia, woopsy :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom