• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

good Pokemon to form a Double Team

Sweet Potatos

Reaction score
Hey! =D

I am wanting to start a Double team but this would be the 1st time I have really given it any thought, I have come up with a few ideas but I would like to hear from you guys

so I it would be appreciated if you guys could give me some pokemon names, move sets and tricks, thanks

Sweet Potatoes

Hey! =D

I am wanting to start a Double team but this would be the 1st time I have really given it any thought, I have come up with a few ideas but I would like to hear from you guys

so I it would be appreciated if you guys could give me some pokemon names, move sets and tricks, thanks

Sweet Potatoes

ill get you started with a few examples from the offical platinum guide:

ghost + explosion
the ghost pokemon cant be harmed by the normal type explosion
pokemon ex: drifblim + skuntank

flying + earthquake
the flying pokemon cant be hurt by the earthquake of the other
pokemon ex: gliscor + rhyperior

own tempo + swagger
the pokemon with own tempo will recive the attack+ but cant be confused by it
pokemon ex: purugly + toxicroak

volt absorb + discharge
using discharge hitting all other pokemon heals the one with volt absorb
pokemon ex: jolteon + porygon

truant + skill swap
you can swap truant to your opponant so that he can only move every other turn
pokemon ex: Slaking + Gallade

mean look + perish song
you can stop your opponants escaping with one poke, and start the perish song with the other. you can then switch yours out and both of theirs faint.
pokemon ex: alteria + jynx

what Aetzean said. You can also let good defense pokémon use moves like helping hand or follow me, to give the other more power and a free turn respectively. Also weather effects can combine nicely, like a cacturne and a hippowdon together (Cacturne'll get more evasion because of the sandstorm). Or a cherrim with sunny day and vileplume (vileplume will get AND a speed boost AND an sp attack boost that way) etc. etc.

this is more of a random thought i had, but gliscor and eletrivive. use discharge and earthquake with eletrivive, and assist moves with gliscor

this is more of a random thought i had, but gliscor and eletrivive. use discharge and earthquake with eletrivive, and assist moves with gliscor

There's actually a better version using Garchomp and Zapdos having Garchomp use earthquake and Zapdos using discharge with heat wave for Bronzong.

Bronzong and Jolteon.
Skill Swap 'Zong's Levitate and Jolt's Volt Absorb.
Set up screens and use Discharge,
then explode 'Zong, and use Protect on Jolt =]

Bronzong and Jolteon.

wow that is really good idea,
I think I may use something similar to that, I have a Jolteon in my main 1 on 1 team, and I would like to use pokemon different to it. but yeh a fast electric pokemon is a good idea, I may even use a different eevee

Bronzong and Jolteon.

damn, that's a good jolteon, him levitating and all... Thank god I have a pseudo hazer here... Welcome to the battlefield swampert, make yourself at home, especially now bronzong can't handle the eartquakes.

Something like that could happen, so be carefull when using this.

damn, that's a good jolteon, him levitating and all... Thank god I have a pseudo hazer here... Welcome to the battlefield swampert, make yourself at home, especially now bronzong can't handle the eartquakes.

Something like that could happen, so be carefull when using this.

umm, did you miss the part where bronzong explodes? it will only be in the fight like 1 turn after skill swap, you would have to outspeed him with the earthquake ;D

umm, did you miss the part where bronzong explodes? it will only be in the fight like 1 turn after skill swap, you would have to outspeed him with the earthquake ;D

when did you miss Improv.'s, I mean Don'tRunWithScizor's "set up screens" sentence? Bronzong'll be in for three turns that way.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom