• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gotta Meme 'em All: 7.8/10 Too Much Water: The history and spread of Pokémon memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Gotta Meme 'em All: 7.8/10 Too Much Water: The history and spread of Pokémon memes

Previously on Gotta Meme 'em All, we discussed two memes related to Pokémon from the Hoenn region, but this is not all that Hoenn has to offer. Today, we will look at another meme that arose specifically from the Generation VI remakes Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Gotta Meme 'em All: 7.8/10 Too Much Water: The history and spread of Pokémon meme

The irony of all of the "IGN is allied with Team Magma" is that in Alpha Sapphire, you are allied with Team Magma. (Sort of? In a "we're going for the same thing" sort of way.)

You also have to go against Team Magma to get a less water-filled game.

I honestly don't see the problem with having to use Surf. It's a pretty good move. Waterfall and Dive are somewhat less acceptable, but you have to use them...once? Twice? each if you're just going through the story, IIRC. Plus Waterfall's nice for Gyarados.

Re: Gotta Meme 'em All: 7.8/10 Too Much Water: The history and spread of Pokémon meme

The irony of all of the "IGN is allied with Team Magma" is that in Alpha Sapphire, you are allied with Team Magma. (Sort of? In a "we're going for the same thing" sort of way.)

You also have to go against Team Magma to get a less water-filled game.

I honestly don't see the problem with having to use Surf. It's a pretty good move. Waterfall and Dive are somewhat less acceptable, but you have to use them...once? Twice? each if you're just going through the story, IIRC. Plus Waterfall's nice for Gyarados.

Well, I believe that the joke is that IGN is allied with the Team Magma in Omega Ruby, as fans want to see IGN as the bad guys because of the terrible review. And it could also be interpreted as media control... Team Magma has enough influence to make a website write an article trashing the oceans? That's how I see the joke, at least.

And I actually enjoy the water routes, moves, and Pokémon myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom