• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Gou is on a roll to catch them all, but which Pokémon are you worried he will catch?

Actually, count me out on Lucario, too. After 10+ years of pandering, I don't want that shillmon forced down our throats again. No offense towards you personally, Shadow. But I don't want to see more of it.

Though speaking of shillmon, there's something I DO want to see but I know won't happen. I want Go to catch Ash's Greninja. Just imagine the chaos.

Here we come to the fundamental problem with Go's catching...

Previously it was an honour and a joy if your favourite Pokemon got caught by one of the main characters because you knew it was going to get screentime, battles and (mostly) character development. I don't think anyone now really wants Go to catch their faves because they are likely to be fodder for some brief job at best (hunting other Pokemon, surfing .etc) before rotting forevermore at Sakuragi's lab.

Honestly, I don't think I'm too worried about him catching anything because it seems like he's barely going to do anything with his Pokemon. Right now, at most, it seems he might pick out one or two every once in a while to use in a battle or for some other task. Truthfully, I find it hard to care about his Pokemon right now (except for Scorbunny) because they really don't have any interesting backstories or distinct personalities. So ultimately, I'll probably just eventually forget he caught most of them.

The only ones I really don't want to see him catch any legendary or super powerful Pokemon, especially if they're just gonna have him keep catching them by just throwing poke balls and nothing more.

it would be nice if Gou didn't have to catch a couple Pokemon every episode if he's never gonna use them after the episode and instead only catch Pokemon he's gonna keep as a regular on his team. Being on subject though, I just hope he doesn't catch high leveled fully evolved Pokemon like a Dragonite because he doesn't even have to weaken them.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom