• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here:

Gou is on a roll to catch them all, but which Pokémon are you worried he will catch?

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
Actually, count me out on Lucario, too. After 10+ years of pandering, I don't want that shillmon forced down our throats again. No offense towards you personally, Shadow. But I don't want to see more of it.

Though speaking of shillmon, there's something I DO want to see but I know won't happen. I want Go to catch Ash's Greninja. Just imagine the chaos.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
It’s not even possible anyway. Greninja still has its Pokeball and is under Ash's ownership.

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
Here we come to the fundamental problem with Go's catching...

Previously it was an honour and a joy if your favourite Pokemon got caught by one of the main characters because you knew it was going to get screentime, battles and (mostly) character development. I don't think anyone now really wants Go to catch their faves because they are likely to be fodder for some brief job at best (hunting other Pokemon, surfing .etc) before rotting forevermore at Sakuragi's lab.

The Guardian of the Blind Forest.
Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. If left with the Zygarde for a reason. To separate them would be bad.

So Go should also catch both Zygarde.
Wait, are you purposefully being rude?

My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think I'm too worried about him catching anything because it seems like he's barely going to do anything with his Pokemon. Right now, at most, it seems he might pick out one or two every once in a while to use in a battle or for some other task. Truthfully, I find it hard to care about his Pokemon right now (except for Scorbunny) because they really don't have any interesting backstories or distinct personalities. So ultimately, I'll probably just eventually forget he caught most of them.

The only ones I really don't want to see him catch any legendary or super powerful Pokemon, especially if they're just gonna have him keep catching them by just throwing poke balls and nothing more.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
it would be nice if Gou didn't have to catch a couple Pokemon every episode if he's never gonna use them after the episode and instead only catch Pokemon he's gonna keep as a regular on his team. Being on subject though, I just hope he doesn't catch high leveled fully evolved Pokemon like a Dragonite because he doesn't even have to weaken them.