• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Government Surveillance Includes Libel and Slander

Phoenicks

Where the Shadows lie
Reaction score
How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations

Here's coverage of the documents Edward Snowed leaked:

Glenn Greenwald said:
Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable. To see how extremist these programs are, just consider the tactics they boast of using to achieve those ends: “false flag operations” (posting material to the internet and falsely attributing it to someone else), fake victim blog posts (pretending to be a victim of the individual whose reputation they want to destroy), and posting “negative information” on various forums.

And some of the slides themselves:

Screenshot3.png

screenshot4.png

(The countries listed at the bottom are: The US, Australia, Canada, Britain, and New Zealand.)

Attachments

• Screenshot3.png
    Screenshot3.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Okay ... that is extremely terrifying. .___.; Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

Hmm... this is actually very interesting. I mean, in retrospect it seems obvious. So if you think about it, Bulbagarden is one of the best places to actually discuss politics because we can be reasonably confident that no government agents make accounts here to post in this subforum, lol.

Actions like these make me want to become a Libertarian. Then I remember how annoying Libertarians are.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom