• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Graphics, Animation and General Model Quality

Scruffyjay

I LOVE DIGIMON
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any
I personally only play handheld anyway so that will be fine with me. I'm not impressed with anything except the textures we saw in the announcement trailer but the screen resolution certainly doesn't change anything for me specifically lol

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
Friendly reminder that trees in OoT were square with no roots and branches. Maybe thicker trees were hexagonal or octagonal, but they were clearly simple shapes that went straight up and ended in a point Vlad the Impaler would invest money in. And the leaves were a flat green smudgy symmetrical texture copy, pasted, and resized about 5 or 6 times towards the top of the tree. You look at that and go "yes I guess this is a tree". Also I still think the green smudges barely look like leaves.

Just because the Sword/Shield trees had a craptastic trunk texture does not mean its like the OoT trees. It looks like a tree. And also the leaf textures on S/S trees are nice. Leave the tree alone!!

Emelie

Bookworm
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I would rather have more expressive Pokémon (like in Stadium) and human characters. I hate when they reuse animations like they did with Hau and Hop, it almost ruins the immersion to me.

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
eh that hop/hau animation never bothered me. Real people do similar 'animations' all the time when you people watch enough. They got similar personalities. Not surprised they emote the same.

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
It baffles me so much that there are people who dismiss valid opinions for better graphics & models to be utilized in home consoles for Pokémon games; it is a reasonable expectation, especially since GF has used it as an excuse for certain decisions such as a lack of National Dex going forward. I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of paying 60+ dollars for poor, fluctuating graphics or Pokémon models that have been the same since XY (ergo almost 10 years old); there should not be more characterization and individuality in older game models (Stadium & Battle Revolution) than the present. As a somewhat related example, the fact that we're going back to contactless physical attacks after Legends is frustrating.

Top Bottom