• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Graphics, Animation and General Model Quality

I personally only play handheld anyway so that will be fine with me. I'm not impressed with anything except the textures we saw in the announcement trailer but the screen resolution certainly doesn't change anything for me specifically lol

Friendly reminder that trees in OoT were square with no roots and branches. Maybe thicker trees were hexagonal or octagonal, but they were clearly simple shapes that went straight up and ended in a point Vlad the Impaler would invest money in. And the leaves were a flat green smudgy symmetrical texture copy, pasted, and resized about 5 or 6 times towards the top of the tree. You look at that and go "yes I guess this is a tree". Also I still think the green smudges barely look like leaves.

Just because the Sword/Shield trees had a craptastic trunk texture does not mean its like the OoT trees. It looks like a tree. And also the leaf textures on S/S trees are nice. Leave the tree alone!!

I would rather have more expressive Pokémon (like in Stadium) and human characters. I hate when they reuse animations like they did with Hau and Hop, it almost ruins the immersion to me.

It baffles me so much that there are people who dismiss valid opinions for better graphics & models to be utilized in home consoles for Pokémon games; it is a reasonable expectation, especially since GF has used it as an excuse for certain decisions such as a lack of National Dex going forward. I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of paying 60+ dollars for poor, fluctuating graphics or Pokémon models that have been the same since XY (ergo almost 10 years old); there should not be more characterization and individuality in older game models (Stadium & Battle Revolution) than the present. As a somewhat related example, the fact that we're going back to contactless physical attacks after Legends is frustrating.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom