• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Grass Starters - Stage One

Reaction score
Spr_1b_002.png
20081125154121%21Spr_2s_153.png
Spr_3r_253.png
Spr_4p_388.png
20151030203113%21Spr_5b_496.png
Spr_6x_651.png
Spr_7s_723.png

When thinking about starters, people often think about the unevolved Pokemon or the final evolution. The middle stages are often overlooked, so let's see if any of these can find some love here! Which one do you like most and why?

I might do this poll for Fire and Water later, but let's just start with my favourite type Grass here. If someone else feels like doing a similar poll for Fire or Water, feel free to create one.

My favourite Pokemon is Bayleef. Adorable, and seeing Ash's Bayleef in the anime definitely helped! But before that, I already thought it was adorable. Bayleef has always been my favourite Pokemon and always will be.

Probably Servine. I don't think its design is particularly amazing or anything, I just like how speedy it moves in its animations like in Refresh/Amie. People hate its cry, too, but I quite like it.

tumblr_n6az15BY6I1ttdkobo1_400.gif

Bayleef is Baeleef. When reading the title I actually came in here to say chikorita was bae, so it was fortuitous that I could make an even greater pun.

I'm sad to see no love for Grotle so far, I think the bushes on its back are a really nice touch and it got me through plenty of stuff in Platinum even before the Torterra days. Ash's Grotle really got me with how hard it worked (until it evolved and became the loser of his Sinnoh crew).

Bayleef is pretty much the best designed middle stage Starter, let alone Grass Starter. Ivysaur is also really cool. This was back when Game Freak actually bothered to try with these middle evolutions. I'm sorry but most (though not all) of the newer ones feel lazy compared to their evos and prevos.

At any rate, it goes like this:

Bayleef > Ivysaur > Grovyle > Dartrix > Servine > Quilladin > Grotle.

Everything after Grovyle is just not good. Dartrix and Servine are mediocre and Qulladin/Grotle both suck. Though Quilladin barely edges ahead bc of its cool name.

I'll go with Ivysaur, although Bayleef is alright, too.

Ivysaur mostly because of, admittedly, bias. Bayleef, Grovyle, and Servine are definitely up there too though, as I also like their designs and full line. Honestly, grass starters are the ones I don't pick often aside from the previous four, the other four lines are hit or miss for me.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom