• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Great and filler episodes of Sun and Moon

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
Which episodes of the Sun and Moon Series were great or filler in your opinion? You decide and write what episode of Sun and Moon you like or hate.

• Pancake race
  • Alola Detective Rotom
  • Dugtrio band
  • Ol' Raise and Switch
  • Brionne, Balloons, Belligerence
  • Charjabug race
  • Cricket match
Don't like
  • So long Sophocles!

I haven't watched much of Sun and Moon, so picking out an episode I don't like would be hard, cause I mostly watch it when there's an episode that sounds interesting to me.

I want to give a shoutout to the episode that appearantly is called One Journey Ends, Another Begins. It's an episode where Litten goes to get help because its friend, Stoutland, is having trouble with its health. It's a really sad but beautiful episode, and I'll admit that I straight up started crying at the end. The friendship between Stoutland and Litten is heartwarming. Litten tries to do anything it can to keep its friend alive. I feel like it's no secret that the Stoutland did pass away in the end, and while some may call that too dark for a childrens show, I think it was needed for the message to be delivered. The scene where Litten sees Stoutland in the sky is also a good scene. It shows that even if our loved ones are gone, they're still with us in spirit, as sappy as that sounds :p

If you haven't watched this episode, I'd highly recommend it. It's great.

I haven't watched much of Sun and Moon, so picking out an episode I don't like would be hard, cause I mostly watch it when there's an episode that sounds interesting to me.

I want to give a shoutout to the episode that appearantly is called One Journey Ends, Another Begins. It's an episode where Litten goes to get help because its friend, Stoutland, is having trouble with its health. It's a really sad but beautiful episode, and I'll admit that I straight up started crying at the end. The friendship between Stoutland and Litten is heartwarming. Litten tries to do anything it can to keep its friend alive. I feel like it's no secret that the Stoutland did pass away in the end, and while some may call that too dark for a childrens show, I think it was needed for the message to be delivered. The scene where Litten sees Stoutland in the sky is also a good scene. It shows that even if our loved ones are gone, they're still with us in spirit, as sappy as that sounds :p

If you haven't watched this episode, I'd highly recommend it. It's great.
Agreed, such a good episode - they did well with it

Great and filler aren't exclusive to each other. Both XY29 and XY37 are great episodes, but they're still fillers.

Best

SM005
SM008
SM010
SM011
SM012
SM014
SM015
SM021
SM025
SM029
SM033
SM038
SM040
SM041
SM043
SM044
SM047
SM049
SM053
SM054
SM058
SM059

Worst

SM013
SM017
SM018
SM019
SM020
SM022
SM023
SM024
SM026
SM030
SM031
SM035
SM039
SM045
SM046
SM048
SM050
SM051
SM052
SM055
SM056
SM057

Last edited:
You all should know already what my stance is about SM, but there are a few episodes that were actually good. Namely…

• Litten joins Ash after Stoutland’s death. The whole development between Litten and Stoutland has been handled really well from the very beginning, and seeing that old dog ensuring that the little cat was in good care when he would have eventually “gone away” was both sweet and heartbreaking. Definitely one of the best SM episodes.

• The Kanto dual episodes. While the first part was a bit lackluster, the second episode truly was more action-packed, and it featured one of the best SM Battles to date.

• Mareanie’s ex-boyfriend’s episode was a nice episode, I dare say. It truly showed how much James cares about his Pokémon, which is one of the traits I like the most about James. It wasn’t perfect, but it still was enjoyable.

These are the ones that stand out the most to me.

Favorite
-SM004 (Rowlet debut)
-SM007 (Litten "debut")
-SM008 (Lillie gets an egg)
-SM011 (Kiawe's house)
-SM016 (Starters)
-SM017 (Rotom detective)
-SM021 (Litten is caught)
-SM022 (Palossand)
-SM025 (TR vs TS)
-SM030 (Partner switch)
-SM034 (Marowak)
-SM042/43 (Misty & Brock)
-SM046 (Aether)
-SM049 (Silvally)

Less favorite
-SM019 (Tapu rematch)
-SM024 (Delia)
-SM028 (Baseball)
-SM059 (Drampa)

How do you define filler episodes, though? I've seen a lot of people include episodes that are "capture episodes" like the "Mamane moves out but not really" one, "backstory episodes" like the "how Mao met Suiren" one, or even character introductions like the first Nyabby episode in their lists, and at this point I'm not even sure what would count as filler anymore, to be honest.

SM so far has delivered pretty little in what you define in "filler", but almost every one has managed to satisfy in one way or another.

GREAT NON-FILLER EPISODES (as of SM061)

SM003 - Great TR introductory episode, introduced Mimikyu, and delivered decently in battling.

SM007 - Proper introduction to Litten, gives you depth of it's lifestyle and foreshadows Stoutland's passing in SM021

SM012 - Nice Giovanni appearance, a more fleshed out TR-capture episode, and great action towards the climax

SM015 - Awesome Rockruff development, great animation and battling and good story.

SM025 - Amusing conflict between TR and TS, Mimikyu showing off its power, and good focus on the primary characters in the episode.

SM030 - Gives you a perspective of what Ash's classmates do when they're not at school, good Lillie development, fun moments throughout

SM041-42 (Not sure if these count as filler or not) - Brock and Misty. Enough said.

SM055 - Outside of the title being a slight bit misleading in terms of focus, the episode itself was great and made Professor Kukui even more likable.

GREAT FILLER EPISODES (as of SM059)

SM016 - Almost felt like watching a Pikachu short. It brings out a fun dynamic between the starter Pokemon in Gen 7 combined with TR hyjinks.

SM017 - Pretty funny episode that actually makes you wonder who the culprit in the story was. Kiawe stole the show.

SM028 - Legitimate baseball episode in Pokemon that never really manages to bore me when I watch it.

SM029 - Actually comes out pretty unnerving but interesting in the beginning but beautiful in the end.

SM038 - Great Jessie and Mimikyu bonding episode.

Here's my favorite and less favorite episodes.

Favorite
-SM003 (Mimikyu debut)
-SM005 (Lana and Popplio)
-SM007 (Litten debut)
-SM008 (Lillie gets an egg)
-SM011 (Kiawe's house)
-SM012 (Mareanie debut)
-SM014 (Lillie and Snowy)
-SM015 (Rockruff is caught)
-SM016 (Starters)
-SM017 (Rotom detective)
-SM018 (Bounsweet's evolution)
-SM021 (Litten is caught)
-SM023 (Dugtrio band)
-SM025 (TR vs TS)
-SM028 (Baseball)
-SM029 (Morelull)
-SM030 (Partner switch)
-SM033 (Wishiwashi)
-SM034 (Marowak)
-SM038 (Jessie and Mimikyu)
-SM040 (Brionne)
-SM041 (Charjabug Race)
-SM042/43 (Misty & Brock)
-SM044 (Cosmog is here)
-SM046 (Aether)
-SM049 (Silvally)
-SM050 (Faba strikes back)
-SM053-SM054 (Nihilego and Lusamine fused together)
-SM055 (Kukui's weeding)
-SM057 (Rotom's forms)
-SM058 (Mareanie's ex-lover)
-SM059 (Drampa)
-SM061 (Ultra-Guardians)

Less favorite
-SM006 (Togedemaru)
-SM013 (Pancake race)
-SM019 (Tapu rematch)
-SM020 (Partner's promise)
-SM024 (Delia)
-SM026 (Sophocles' moving away)
-SM032 (Treasure hunting)
-SM035 (Lurantis)
-SM037 (Tapu Lele and Rockruff's evolution)
-SM039 (Oranguru)
-SM045 (Nebby's teleportation)
-SM048 (Sleep-over)
-SM052 (Solgaleo)
-SM056 (Jigglypuff and Komala)
-SM060 (Sled race)

All of them :p

They may be insignificant to the plot, but they're still fun, interesting or cute.

Heck, SM has barely even had any pure fillers IMO. Even when they're not especially eventful or important, something happens of at least some significance. At the very least someone will get some focus or development. And in a saga SO overcrowded, they need as much as they can get.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom