• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Great Expectations Mafia

DekuNut

King of Potatoing
Reaction score
The prince sat within his palace nervously. The army had surrounded the building, and all that was protecting him now was his loyal courtiers and the building's thick walls. That's why the words he'd just heard sent a chill down his spine.
"I believe there is an impostor among us."
"Are you sure?" the prince asked delicately.
"Absolutely, my liege"
The prince sighed, "Bring everyone to my court. Now. Lock down the building. They all come. Nobles, courtiers, guards, the whole lot. We will find them."
"Yes, my lord."
"May God help us all."

DAY ONE BEGINS
Day one ends at 7am PDT on Thursday 19 November 2020.
Reminder that this game is day-only; there is no night phase.

PLAYERS
1. @Ronniego - To be replaced
2. @Midorikawa
3. @Poyzin
4. @HumanDawn
5. @Pikochu
6. @Rainbow Cloud
7. @Pinwheel
8. @Tood
9. @Space

I forgot the rules of this game tbh

VOTE: Poyzin

Yeah I'm gonna be honest, I've reread the setup a few times bu I'm still kinda lost lol

so we have to lynch someone, I guess I'll also random vote...?

Vote: Rainbow Cloud

also why is Day 1 in a separate thread?

Yeah I'm gonna be honest, I've reread the setup a few times bu I'm still kinda lost lol

If I'm understanding the setup right the General gets to choose their own mafia team, personally if it was my choice the best options would be at least one of HD and Mido or both as the only reason for not choosing the strongest players is if you believe it's too obvious. On balance I think it's likely for the scum team to consist of stronger players given the choice.

Vote: HumanDawn

If I'm understanding the setup right the General gets to choose their own mafia team, personally if it was my choice the best options would be at least one of HD and Mido or both as the only reason for not choosing the strongest players is if you believe it's too obvious. On balance I think it's likely for the scum team to consist of stronger players given the choice.
The only way I see this maybe backfiring is that if Pinwheel is the general and isn't aware of who the stronger players might be, but the odds of that are pretty low, so :wynaut:

It's better than a random shot in the dark, I guess.

Because when I was making this game yesterday I derped on the differences between ZD and BGM mafia games, including that.

The only way I see this maybe backfiring is that if Pinwheel is the general and isn't aware of who the stronger players might be, but the odds of that are pretty low, so :wynaut:

It's better than a random shot in the dark, I guess.

Forgot I was in this

I’m the Loyalist.

After Day 1 ends, I can pick a player, and if both me and that player are still alive by Day 4, their role is revealed.

If the General picks Pregame, then the Loyalist is the would not have rolled yet, right? I have no idea on that, maybe a Prince can become a conspirator? @DekuNut

Cool, so my claim, unless counterclaimed, proves I am Town.

Vote: Poyzin

Cool, so my claim, unless counterclaimed, proves I am Town.

Vote: Poyzin
Yeah, your claim looks fine if un-countered and it wouldn't make sense for scum to claim the Loyalist given the risk of being CC'd. I still think whoever the general is would more likely choose stronger players for their team though.

Unvote: HumanDawn
Vote: Midorikawa

Yeah, your claim looks fine if un-countered and it wouldn't make sense for scum to claim the Loyalist given the risk of being CC'd. I still think whoever the general is would more likely choose stronger players for their team though.

it really depends on who is the general though. I think it's suspicious of you to state this while unvoting Human - like you're still implying he should get voted but you're not going to vote him yourself.

Tood gave a reason for voting which made sense - Poyzin on the other hand, the 3rd vote, is suspicious to me.

it really depends on who is the general though. I think it's suspicious of you to state this while unvoting Human - like you're still implying he should get voted but you're not going to vote him yourself.
He's not implying that Human should get voted, because unless CC comes up, Human is basically proven Town. He's saying that he thinks General would pick people who they know to be good at Mafia/Mafian roles, but that it's probably not Human considering he outed himself as a non-Courtier role. So then he voted Mido because, as far as I know from reading this thread, Mido seems to be the other best option for General to choose.

Considering we have to vote and have no nighttime actions to go off of, I think Mido seems like a good option here. I never like to random vote, but the best we can do is talk and maybe ask some game-related questions just to get conversation flowing. That said:

Vote: Midorikawa

I'm a bit unsure how I feel about the whole lynch the strong players strategy. On one hand, there's a decent chance a General going for a strong team would pick at least one of HD and Mido. On the other hand, there are other experienced, less obvious players that would make more sense, because the General might've seen this strategy coming. I definitely think we should take all the votes off HD unless someone counterclaims him. I feel like it would probably be best to wait until Mido posts before piling more votes on her.

To me, the vote on HumanDawn just sounds more like a OMGUS vote to the point where HD actually has to come out with a claim. Doesn't automatically clear HD just on the basis on the claim alone but at least it's something that we can go off of.

Back
Top Bottom