• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Great Expectations Mafia

Except Poyzin.
A. Poyzin never confirmed apparently. :/ B. If Poyzin were the General, he would've had to choose his conspirators over a week ago in order for everyone else to receive roles to confirm, so the "Poyzin is general who took a while to pick conspirators" theory doesn't really hold any water.

A. Poyzin never confirmed apparently. :/ B. If Poyzin were the General, he would've had to choose his conspirators over a week ago in order for everyone else to receive roles to confirm, so the "Poyzin is general who took a while to pick conspirators" theory doesn't really hold any water.

If you would notice, people started confirming their roles without DekuNut informing everyone in-thread. That could be another explanation as to why Poyzin didn’t confirm in-thread. You also confirmed after the game started :M.

Pikochu in the clear as not a General at least?

If you would notice, people started confirming their roles without DekuNut informing everyone in-thread. That could be another explanation as to why Poyzin didn’t confirm in-thread. You also confirmed after the game started :M.
A. DekuNut didn't confirm everyone in thread, but at least my role PM tells me to do as such. B. I've only been part of the game since yesterday, so of course I did.

That doesn't really make sense because Piko confirmed a day before everyone else and the General would receive their role PM first? I'd think that that would make him the most likely General.

How do I check the exact time a user posted something?

A. DekuNut didn't confirm everyone in thread, but at least my role PM tells me to do as such. B. I've only been part of the game since yesterday, so of course I did.

That doesn't really make sense because Piko confirmed a day before everyone else and the General would receive their role PM first? I'd think that that would make him the most likely General.

Yeah you're right there, I forgot you replaced Ronniego.

It's the same day for me, Nov 8. That doesn't make sense anyway, why would the General confirm first when not everyone received a role?

It's the same day for me, Nov 8.
For me it says he confirmed on the 7th and everyone else was one the 8th. (Exempting myself and Poyzin.)

How do I check the exact time a user posted something?
As far as I'm aware, once the timestamp no longer lists it, you can't. :/ Mods might be able to but I'm not sure.

That doesn't make sense anyway, why would the General confirm first when not everyone received a role?
Confirming isn't something people usually put a lot of thought into. There's a chance he confirmed before he even read his role and knew he was the General. Or that he just went to the thread and confirmed after receiving it because a. Nobody ever takes confirmation posts into account for anything (except apparently now) and b. He'd received a role PM and he was obviously supposed to.

If I'm understanding the setup right the General gets to choose their own mafia team, personally if it was my choice the best options would be at least one of HD and Mido or both as the only reason for not choosing the strongest players is if you believe it's too obvious. On balance I think it's likely for the scum team to consist of stronger players given the choice.

Vote: HumanDawn
And as others have said there is the argument that the general would have considered that. Trying to base possible mafia off of “who they would choose“ is frankly pure WIFOM.
@Midorikawa Where are you?
Now I’m home, before I was at work.

BtW thank you for mentioning me. The mention in the opening post didn’t work so I would have never known this started.
Mido liked a post and did not post! Wah
Yeah I started reading through the thread and then work got really busy.
why is the thread not pinging me anymore

See, now I'm getting paranoid that I'm falling for someone's trap :confused_emoji:, but all the discussion here seems to be centered on whether or not the general is trying to employ reverse-psychological tactics on us, which is admittedly confusing the hell out of me

I'd still like to hear from Mido, and there's still a bit more time to consider me moving my vote, so I'll stay where I am for now, I guess.

Also I might be misunderstanding the setup, but it seems kind of busted that people can kind of openly claim without risk of being NK'd. Even getting killed D4 is entirely dependent on whether or not the general chooses the loyalist (and prince?) as a kill target, which is completely luck-based since it happens before the game even starts.
Everyone is basically a vanilla so I don’t think it’s that busted. And there is no way to prove roles unless someone dies.
agree that would be a good reason for scum to get rid of Mido and people sheeping should be considered regardless of the flip, but also to be considered is it would be a pretty bold move to day 1 as scum just go straight for leading the lynch on the strongest player knowing the attention and backlash that would come afterwards. My suspicion of Space kind of has a bit of gut feeling involved in it too but I didn't state that as part of my reasoning as it isn't anything solid.
I don’t think it’s as bold as you make it out to be. Especially if you make the logic seem like a solid case.
Considering we know that the Loyalist and Prince are randed after the General picks, and that the game took ages to start, wouldn’t that imply that there is a possibility General took a while to pick somebody as well? In that case, wouldn’t it be somebody who doesn’t frequent the forum as much like Poyzin because they may not have been aware that DekuNut sent them a RolePM?
They could have taken a while just thinking about it, though I thought the delay was because Deku forgot to start it.
I get a role, I confirm naturally. I think everyone does so it’s not strange to confirm without prompting.
How?
For me it says he confirmed on the 7th and everyone else was one the 8th. (Exempting myself and Poyzin.)

As far as I'm aware, once the timestamp no longer lists it, you can't. :/ Mods might be able to but I'm not sure.

Confirming isn't something people usually put a lot of thought into. There's a chance he confirmed before he even read his role and knew he was the General. Or that he just went to the thread and confirmed after receiving it because a. Nobody ever takes confirmation posts into account for anything (except apparently now) and b. He'd received a role PM and he was obviously supposed to.
I can see the logic in that last part. But that would depend on how deli tells them theyre the general, so I don’t think we should use that to decide.

I have no idea how to interpret the ... but I know I've sometimes confirmed upon seeing that I have a role PM rather than upon checking what it is.

I can see the logic in that last part. But that would depend on how deli tells them theyre the general, so I don’t think we should use that to decide.
I don't intend to vote anyone solely on the basis of confirmation posts, but I don't see why that would stop me from discussing it when that's where the conversation went.

Yes that’s why I said it was a possibility @Midorikawa. Where did Dekunut say he forgot to start the game again?

I said Pikochu is likely not general (with a ? as a presented possibility) because he confirmed first without DekuNut sending a mention to everyone to start doing it. Confirming is requested in the Role PM first, so if the Town got the latest PM from DekuNut to confirm because the General rolled firstand they decided the player/s to ally with, THEN the Town roles were rolled, then it stands to reason that the General could not have been notified to confirm his role in the threadlike the Town.

I have no idea how to interpret the ... but I know I've sometimes confirmed upon seeing that I have a role PM rather than upon checking what it is.
It makes no sense for the host to tell the General to confirm in thread when not all roles have been sent out. If that happened, then it would be a host mistake. Confirmations of your role is after you’ve read it - I don’t think your anecdote holds much value here, especially if one reads the rules on the General picking.

It makes no sense for the host to tell the General to confirm in thread when not all roles have been sent out. If that happened, then it would be a host mistake. Confirmations of your role is after you’ve read it - I don’t think your anecdote holds much value here, especially if one reads the rules on the General picking.
While you're probably right about most of this, the General could confirm despite not having been told to just because that's his natural response to receiving his role PM, regardless of whether "didn't read the role until after confirming" is a possibility.

Though honestly it's probably completely pointless to try to use when a person confirmed to figure out who the General is or isn't.

While you're probably right about most of this, the General could confirm despite not having been told to just because that's his natural response to receiving his role PM, regardless of whether "didn't read the role until after confirming" is a possibility.

Though honestly it's probably completely pointless to try to use when a person confirmed to figure out who the General is or isn't.
I’ve confirmed without properly reading plenty of times, but there is just no way to know what exactly Piko did or how the general thing worked.

@HumanDawn

Sorry folks I just realized I never started this
Doing so now
Tomb, I'll take care of you in a few

Hey, I got three votes over the General possibly picking me as a Conspirator, I think it’s fair I throw shade based on similar (but IMO a bit more incriminating) reasoning :M.

Vote: HumanDawn
Vote: Poyzin
Vote: Poyzin
Vote: Midorikawa
Vote: Rainbow Cloud
HD: 1
Poy: 2
Mido: 3
RC: 2
Why is Mido still the leading wagon? Would anyone on the Mido wagon like Mido provide on reason they're voting her aside from "gud player, must be conspirator"? I really don't want to lynch someone pursly on those grounds, and I'm sure you can think of something at least a little better.

(I realize this post probably won't be seen by EoD by I'm still going to try.)

(I realize this post probably won't be seen by EoD by I'm still going to try.)
Or at least there's a chance it might not idk what time zones you guys are and even if I did most players don't really seem to be paying attention.

I feel like I'm making a ton of posts clarifying things that don't need clarified.

Unvote: Poyzin

I'm going to bed (or saying I am and then actually not who knows), Day ends in five hours, I'd like to lynch someone who there's at least some basis for lynching so I'm tying the votes. The whole "lynch strong players because they're probably Conspirators" play makes less and less sense the more I think about it. Especially since he seems to be in agreement with the fact that if they were picked as Conspirators, the person playing the General probably didn't put much thought into it. Also throwing shade at Space (for extremely flimsy reasons) and Piko (for somewhat maybe plausible reasons) felt at least mildly OMGUS-y. And again I really don't want to lynch Mido for no actual reason.

Back
Top Bottom