• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Greetings! A "short" introduction...

HikaRiolu

Hundred thousand changes, everything's the same
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
My name is HikaRiolu, but I also go by the aliases Lyralio, LyralioRC and PrincessLyra in other circles. I used to be on Serebii under Mika_Coyote, but the last time I logged in was some 9 years ago. Don't even know if my handle still exists, heh...

I'm from Portugal, and have been with Pokémon since it arrived here, when the anime started in October 1999. I was 11, and instantly hooked. Since then, Pokémon has been a constant in my life, even if I missed gens IV through VI games-wise. Even then, I still kept an eye on the news, played the earlier games and watched the movies now and then. I've been back into the full swing of things with Sun and Moon, which I absolutely loved to bits, and am looking forward to Sword and Shield! Keeping my fingers crossed we get some Celtic and/or Arthurian influences in there!

I've been using Bulbapedia for since at least 2009, and finally decided to join the forums for a couple of reasons.
One is that I thought, eh, why not, it's been a while since I've been in a Pokémon forum, and the people here seem chill.
Another is that I've been working on a fanfic for 10 years, and because of the movie we're getting this year, I thought "you know what? Screw it, I'm getting this thing done!" and decided I'd try and get some advice on how to do so.

Other random facts about me:
  • When I play Pokémon, I usually create characters out of the player character rather than make them my avatar. For example, my headcanon is that my Sun/Ultra Sun protagonist is at least part Native American (probably Lakota Sioux).
  • I collect VHS tapes.
  • I love cats and want to get to know dogs a bit better.
  • Speaking of which, I own a crazy calico cat named Mitzy. Or does she own me...?
  • I sometimes work as an assistant translator to my brother, i.e. I help lighten his workload when needed. There's a bunch of shows we worked on already airing on Portuguese TV, most on the same channel where Pokémon airs!
  • I hope to get a book series published in the near future. I've already got Vol. 1 written!
  • I don't draw nearly as often as I wanted to because I don't have a proper working space.
  • People often get my age wrong because I look very young. It's a family thing, though. It happens to my mother and grandmother too!
  • I'm kind of a History nut, and a perfectionist at that. So when there's a detail that's impossible to do research on but that I really want to know, I get pretty frustrated.
  • Speaking of History, I also collect toys, especially dolls. Just ask my Tropical Barbie how she's getting along with Disney Store Moana and Azone Onodera (Nisekoi).
Thanks for reading this far, and hope we see each other around!
Cheers!

Thank you for the welcomes, guys!

In the meantime, I've already made a thread about the fanfic I mentioned, which can be found here: Enter if you dare...

Trying to gather up courage (and time) to actually start posting around, hehe.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom