• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Greetings and Salutations!

Reaction score
Hello all!

Longtime but intermittent Pokemon fan here. I have played Gen 1, Gen 3, Gen 5, and Gen 8. I enjoy the complexity of Pokemon, combined with its simplicity - on the one hand, it's a turn based system where you and the opposing Pokemon have access to no more than 4 moves, and the goal is to KO the opponent. It's a kids game after all. On the other hand, you have typing, status conditions, weather, priority moves, trick rooms, IVs, egg moves and breeding, and those 4 moves are chosen from typically 30+ options for that Pokemon alone, and need to factor in coverage plus utility plus STAB bonuses and so forth. It has an incredibly rich strategic layer that can be approached from many angles. It's a great game and it's drawn me back in yet again with Sword and Shield. So, here I am!

I play in the NA Region, and need non-English Dittos for Masuda.
I don't really have a favorite Pokemon of all time, but if forced to pick one I'd go for Escavalier. It has one of the coolest evolutionary methods of any Pokemon, the concept of the Pokemon in that it steals the armor from Shellmet is awesome, its design is great, and it fares best in Trick Room teams, favoring those who can strategize and build a cohesive team. It's also a pain to acquire and I've never yet gotten one early enough to actually use it in a playthrough team. Maybe next generation XD

Anyway, that's me! Right now I'm acquiring the tools I need to help craft future Pokemon- all the Out of Battle effect Pokemon, Breeding Pokemon, and so forth. One might say since I have the full Pokedex it's a bit late, but it's really about easily acquiring Pokemon which are viable in the Battle Tower so I can clean up and get some mints, bottlecaps, and so forth to trade for things that interest me. I hope to see you around!

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

We're glad to have you aboard!

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom