• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Greetings from a (sorf of) new Pokemon trainer!

Wondering where you get Eevee in the Gen 2 games and apparently you get it in the Celadon Game Corner at level 15. Probably comes with no friendship value points (or very low at the least), and since pokemon hatched from an egg (i think it's level 5 in Gen 2) that evolve through friendship usually end up evolving in the early 30s to mid 30s, one that started at level 15 and evolved at level 50 seems about right.

Espeon is better than Umbreon though. :p

Wondering where you get Eevee in the Gen 2 games and apparently you get it in the Celadon Game Corner at level 15. Probably comes with no friendship value points (or very low at the least), and since pokemon hatched from an egg (i think it's level 5 in Gen 2) that evolve through friendship usually end up evolving in the early 30s to mid 30s, one that started at level 15 and evolved at level 50 seems about right.

Espeon is better than Umbreon though. :p
I got mine from Bill in Goldenrod. Espeon is cool as hell but I already have psychic type on my team (Hypno). :p

I completely forgot Bill gives you one. lol

And it's level 20, which explains even more why it takes to at least 50 to evolve.

I completely forgot Bill gives you one. lol

And it's level 20, which explains even more why it takes to at least 50 to evolve.
Also didn't help that I didn't immediately start grinding it after I got. I kinda just kept it stored in my PC until fairly recently, oops.

I had a Vaporeon in Yellow. I think that Eevee was lvl 15 when I got it :unsure:

Is it bad that I wanna skip the battle with Red. I don't wanna grind all the way to level 80 *~*

I've never played any of the other games yet so I thought it's be cool to do that now and see how Pokemon has changed over time. I'm thinking of skipping Kanto and going straight to Emerald after beating the champion. What do you guys think?

Welcome to the forum! The Kanto portion of Crystal (and battle with Red) is great fun and you'd be missing out if you skipped it. But if you're not in the mood for it right now, you could always play Emerald first and come back to Crystal later.

I've just started a Pokemon marathon, where the plan is to replay my favourite game from each region. Each time I beat the Champion, I will most likely move on to the next game straight away. Then I'll come back and do the postgame stuff for each game later on. Perhaps you could do something similar.

After Emerald, I recommend playing Platinum, which most fans consider to be the best Sinnoh game. Black/White and Black 2/White 2 have completely different stories, so I recommend playing both to get the full Unova experience.

Welcome to the forum! The Kanto portion of Crystal (and battle with Red) is great fun and you'd be missing out if you skipped it. But if you're not in the mood for it right now, you could always play Emerald first and come back to Crystal later.

I've just started a Pokemon marathon, where the plan is to replay my favourite game from each region. Each time I beat the Champion, I will most likely move on to the next game straight away. Then I'll come back and do the postgame stuff for each game later on. Perhaps you could do something similar.

After Emerald, I recommend playing Platinum, which most fans consider to be the best Sinnoh game. Black/White and Black 2/White 2 have completely different stories, so I recommend playing both to get the full Unova experience.
Hey there and thanks. :bulbaWave: I do enjoy the post-game stuff too. Once I get all the Kanto badges I'll move on to Emerald. I'm dying to start that one already. I'll pretty much be doing these in chronological order.

Welcome to the forum. Also, does anyone know how many comments you'll need to post in order to send private messages?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom